Official Chargers At Falcons Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Stop with the Debbie Downer shit and stop getting after guys personally for their takes. You guys dont like them scroll over or block them. But i dont like to see personal attacks. Name calling etc/

Thanks

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

agree that we have been lucky (we were a lucky team when we made it to the SB), and that we have had the football bounce our way a coupla few times this season, and.... doesn't seem the refs are out to skewer us so much, and have even noticed a questionable call or coupla few against the opposing teams we've faced....

'tis also pretty evident that not only does Bandy not have much YAC to his game, but whatever wiggle he thinks he has.... he don't.... he goes down pretty easy. on the other hand (and about those hands ?) Everett is a YAC machine.... get him the ball.

still think we need an RB1, and didn't see much personally, but stat wise, seemed Spiller picked up where Kelley left off, and.... hellah draw play w/Sony (do we need to see more of that ?? a staple w/Philip @the helm)

biggest riddle/puzzle for me is @LB ?? really miss Denzel when he could knife thru traffic to take a runner down, and when he met someone in the hole, he would just stand them up and wait for the mob, and as that was the end of most any back's forward progress right there and then.... not the case w/Drue, and not sure 'bout Murray neither ?? and why not more Reeder.... little bit befuddled here @LB ??

think it's a good thing to have JT Woods in the mix, as personally suspect that he is ready and that he is gonna get an INT or coupla few, and.... was a big fan, and.... not always sure 'bout Nasir ??

also have been a huge fan of MM, but w/Pitts 'n Drake London a pitiful 5/14.... that just doesn't get it done.... put Atlanta down for a QB round one next year.

guy that I really feel for is Khalil.... makes a hellah play, and then three plays later Falcons have the ball back.... ugghh !! Mack is a hellah addition so far, as the 17 points allowed is not lost on me.

Palmer going for 100+ yards is big and guessing quite the boost personally for him (important moment), and as some have mentioned, we do pretty well when Justin throws for 70 percent, which he did today, and.... can't say enough for having Linsley in the lineup, and.... beginning to suspect that Zion could be a difference maker by season's end ??

think Carter/Bandy were helpful/useful, and.... not against the longball, even as ineffective as it was (gotta mix it in me thinx), and.... would even throw a longer one to Austin. and sure many don't think much of the Rodgers target, but think it's (very) important to spread the ball around.

props to Mike D. post JC Jack, and of course to Jamaree minus Rashawn, and.... didn't notice a whole lot of the Oline, but (again) liked what I saw from Zion a time or coupla few....

grateful that Cordarrelle didn't completely level us (exactly why did they go away from running the ball ?), and thinking that along w/Reeder & JT Woods, am looking forward to what Fehoko and even Foster Sarell might add to things.... plenty of peoples are stepping up.

right now it's on Justin & Austin, and Mack & Co..... so far, so good.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Two thoughts:

(1)

On Khalil Mack's strip/return play: As Mack rumbled upfield, the first opponent to have a shot at tackling him was QB Marcus Mariota. I would expect a player of Mack's foorball IQ to TRUCK the quarterback when given an opportunity like this, even if it were to cost Mack some additional return yards. Defensive players have so few legit opportunities any more to tee off on QBs, I expect them to capitalize when such an opportunity materializes.

(2)

On Austin Ekeler's rushing TD, the one where he ran into his own blocker, bounced off to the right, and scored?

That blocker was Zander Horvath, who was manhandling his opponent.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Thoughts from the game for Monday morning.

The Falcons running game was chewing us up.....why they ever threw the ball is a mystery to me.
          We opened with the dink and dunk again and I just wonder why? When we finally stretched the field, good things happened.
          The Falcons in the 1st half went TD, FG, Punt, Punt. The Chargers went Punt, Punt, TD, TD. So what we figured out on both sides of the ball was put into effect pretty quickly.
          Not getting a first down until the 2nd quarter will be a death sentence if it happens again versus SF or KC.
          It felt like Deandre really stepped up into the Keenan role finally. He seemed to be open a lot.
          Everett's stone hands on that first down play about made me have a stroke.
          Never look away until the whistle. I missed Mack's pick pocket ball swipe as I thought London was stopped.....only to look up again and see Mack trucking toward the 50.
          There were A LOT of Chargers fans there.....quite a few more than I ever expected. They even got a fairly loud "Let's go Chargers" chant going in the second half.
          Herbert throws balls to Bandy that only Mike Williams could catch.
          Watching Koo miss felt good.....I am not going to lie.
          I felt a kindred spirit with the Falcons fans. As one said to me after...."only Falcons luck could be worse than Charger luck".....
          Even though I live here, that was my first game at Mercedes Benz stadium. What an impressive place. However they really sucked at showing any replays or highlights if you will of any of the Chargers plays. Once when we were driving the ball, the replay screens showed the Falcons first half highlights over and over.
          Not one Falcons fan was rude or mouthed off in any way to us. And the MARTA system of trains was awesome for getting in and out. We were home in the burbs less than an hour and a half after the game winner.
          It was cool to meet another Powder Blues poster from San Diego that flew out for the game. That was a highlight.....

On to San Fran.......

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Why does Herbert throw every pass in a wierd 3/4 side arm now? That is why so many balls are getting batted. Is it due to the ribs? I thought maybe it was an adjustment on all the 3 yard throws for some reason but I see him doing it now on deeper routes, too. Whatever it is, I hope Day fixes it. I think it is hurting Herbert's performance.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
              One of these games, Herbert will take a risk and pass it long to Bandy, and he'll make an amazing ass Tyreek Hill-like catch. I don't know, I see something in Bandy even if the coaching staff doesn't yet.
              It would be nice to see Bandy get open long. He does not have great speed. When he is pressed he seems to disappear. In fact, he disappears a lot.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Why does Herbert throw every pass in a wierd 3/4 side arm now? That is why so many balls are getting batted. Is it due to the ribs? I thought maybe it was an adjustment on all the 3 yard throws for some reason but I see him doing it now on deeper routes, too. Whatever it is, I hope Day fixes it. I think it is hurting Herbert's performance.

TG
                Trying too much to be like Phil? Lol

Comment

• Rambler
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • No Cal
                  • Civil Research Attorney
                  • Send PM

I was as negative as anyone during the first quarter, because the Chargers started out so horribly. How can a team start off four straight games with a double digit deficit? But somehow, at least against this middle-tier group of opponents (Cleveland, Denver, Atlanta), rebound to win three of those games? That is something. I wonder if the coaching staff calls it vanilla and uses the first quarter to learn what the other team's gameplan is, and then adjusts to it during the game. But whatever it is, it won't work against the top tier teams.And that run defense has got to be fixed. I wonder why they don't just sit Kenneth Murray for a quarter, or a half, as he is as responsible as anyone for a lot of the gash plays. Can't seem to get off blocks, can't seem to set the edge, can't seem to fill the hole. Tranquill is hit and miss, with some big misses too, but seems to have some understanding out there. Murray still seems clueless, midway through his third year. And yet he starts every week. I'd prefer it if the coaching staff makes veterans and high picks earn their snaps, like they do the other players. More Spiller, less Michel. Less Murray, more someone else (Reeder?). I get that we're 5-3, with lots of injuries, but I also get that we've been playing a fairly easy schedule. We are still well in the hunt. But we are kidding ourselves if we think this team can continue to start games like this week after week and somehow luck itself into the playoffs. San Francisco, Kansas City, Miami and Tennessee could all be double-digit losses. Arizona and the Rams look like tough chances. Maybe we get Bosa back near the end, and Keenan and Mike Williams return to help the passing game. But even when we get them back, we'll need to play more complete games, not just show up for a quarter here and there. So it's a frustrating win from my view-- yes, we won, the team showed a lot of fight after the first quarter, and I'm glad for that, but we need to improve, and start stronger.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

I liked what I saw in Spiller when he got his carries. I'm sorry but lets face it Ekeler should not be our #1 RB. Its like if back in the day we made Sproles, or little train or Ronnie Harmon our featured back. He's a great player and has stellar moments but he's not and should not be our featured back..... Unless he can get it together quickly and understand, he has to play at more a steady pace, YES he has the great stats, but he really needs to bring his game up and keep it at the level he played at 3 games ago. He is very capable of playing at a high level, but with him everything seems to come in flashes.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                      I was as negative as anyone during the first quarter, because the Chargers started out so horribly. How can a team start off four straight games with a double digit deficit? But somehow, at least against this middle-tier group of opponents (Cleveland, Denver, Atlanta), rebound to win three of those games? That is something. I wonder if the coaching staff calls it vanilla and uses the first quarter to learn what the other team's gameplan is, and then adjusts to it during the game. But whatever it is, it won't work against the top tier teams.And that run defense has got to be fixed. I wonder why they don't just sit Kenneth Murray for a quarter, or a half, as he is as responsible as anyone for a lot of the gash plays. Can't seem to get off blocks, can't seem to set the edge, can't seem to fill the hole. Tranquill is hit and miss, with some big misses too, but seems to have some understanding out there. Murray still seems clueless, midway through his third year. And yet he starts every week. I'd prefer it if the coaching staff makes veterans and high picks earn their snaps, like they do the other players. More Spiller, less Michel. Less Murray, more someone else (Reeder?). I get that we're 5-3, with lots of injuries, but I also get that we've been playing a fairly easy schedule. We are still well in the hunt. But we are kidding ourselves if we think this team can continue to start games like this week after week and somehow luck itself into the playoffs. San Francisco, Kansas City, Miami and Tennessee could all be double-digit losses. Arizona and the Rams look like tough chances. Maybe we get Bosa back near the end, and Keenan and Mike Williams return to help the passing game. But even when we get them back, we'll need to play more complete games, not just show up for a quarter here and there. So it's a frustrating win from my view-- yes, we won, the team showed a lot of fight after the first quarter, and I'm glad for that, but we need to improve, and start stronger.
                      We are 5-3 right now and on track to make the playoffs. Good Enough! What's the saying "haters are gonna hate" Big secret the team that ultimately goes on to win the super bowl this year WILL improve, and start stronger when the playoffs start and later on in the year, that's just the way it is in this league, some teams will fall and some teams will ascend after the midway point. . . No reason to believe if things continue to progress we could be and should be and are expected to be an improved team from where we are today with the ability to beat any team in the league! right? Just keep winning. Period. Anyone who believes we are winning these games in spite of our HC & OC, maybe should re-think how they view the NFL!

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Why does Herbert throw every pass in a weird 3/4 side arm now? That is why so many balls are getting batted. Is it due to the ribs? I thought maybe it was an adjustment on all the 3 yard throws for some reason but I see him doing it now on deeper routes, too. Whatever it is, I hope Day fixes it. I think it is hurting Herbert's performance.

TG
                        I made that same observation in another post. And I do think it's because of his injury. He still doesn't look himself.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X