Official Chargers At Falcons Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    Thoughts from the game for Monday morning.

The Falcons running game was chewing us up.....why they ever threw the ball is a mystery to me.
    We opened with the dink and dunk again and I just wonder why? When we finally stretched the field, good things happened.
    The Falcons in the 1st half went TD, FG, Punt, Punt. The Chargers went Punt, Punt, TD, TD. So what we figured out on both sides of the ball was put into effect pretty quickly.
    Not getting a first down until the 2nd quarter will be a death sentence if it happens again versus SF or KC.
    It felt like Deandre really stepped up into the Keenan role finally. He seemed to be open a lot.
    Everett's stone hands on that first down play about made me have a stroke.
    Never look away until the whistle. I missed Mack's pick pocket ball swipe as I thought London was stopped.....only to look up again and see Mack trucking toward the 50.
    There were A LOT of Chargers fans there.....quite a few more than I ever expected. They even got a fairly loud "Let's go Chargers" chant going in the second half.
    Herbert throws balls to Bandy that only Mike Williams could catch.
    Watching Koo miss felt good.....I am not going to lie.
    I felt a kindred spirit with the Falcons fans. As one said to me after...."only Falcons luck could be worse than Charger luck".....
    Even though I live here, that was my first game at Mercedes Benz stadium. What an impressive place. However they really sucked at showing any replays or highlights if you will of any of the Chargers plays. Once when we were driving the ball, the replay screens showed the Falcons first half highlights over and over.
    Not one Falcons fan was rude or mouthed off in any way to us. And the MARTA system of trains was awesome for getting in and out. We were home in the burbs less than an hour and a half after the game winner.
    It was cool to meet another Powder Blues poster from San Diego that flew out for the game. That was a highlight.....

On to San Fran.......
    One thing I noticed is there were a lot of open seats. The stadium has loud acoustics but I think they pump in crowd noise. The cheering always seemed to be the same decibel level no matter if it was at the beginning of the game when there were very few people in the stands or in the middle of the game when the crowd was a full capacity.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I thought Herbert had more mustard on his passes yesterday. A few of them were pure darts! If only he had some speed at WR to throw those darts to.

I don't know why he's throwing side arm so much but it brings Rivers back to mind.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I thought Herbert had more mustard on his passes yesterday. A few of them were pure darts! If only he had some speed at WR to throw those darts to.

I don't know why he's throwing side arm so much but it brings Rivers back to mind.
        Is this why Everett and Palmer have difficulty to catch the ball ?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Definitely. He’s feeling better

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

One thing I noticed is there were a lot of open seats. The stadium has loud acoustics but I think they pump in crowd noise. The cheering always seemed to be the same decibel level no matter if it was at the beginning of the game when there were very few people in the stands or in the middle of the game when the crowd was a full capacity.
            My wife and I were talking about that very thing while at the game - no way that few people made that much noise.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I thought the league had a rule about pumping in crowd noise?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Yeah there were a lot of people disguised as empty seats.......

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    This is really remarkable. Couple of things, 2022 Herbert looks like 2020 Herbert which is good news on the rib front. The other amazing thing besides the same score, same pattern/pass, same end result is that in the 2020 game turnovers were exchanged just before that final sequence.

Freaky!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Oh, I forgot to mention...

The broadcasting team for the Chargers/Falcons game featured someone I don't remember hearing about before, along with Jonathan Vilma doing color commentary.

This was the best announcing team I've heard in a long time. Not that they were great, but they avoided doing many of the obnoxious things typical broadcasters are so prone to do--

No overhyping. No excitedly cheering for BOTH teams. Minimal use of hyperbole.

I'd love to see more of this.
                      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 11-08-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Amazing. Falcons fans have been traumatized by Herbert. Even though he's in the other division and on the far coast, they know him very well.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                          #болтап
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

This team can beat anyone.
                          #boltup

Comment

Working...
                          X