• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    The reason it was 'addressed' to Alex is not that there is the expectation that a man with dementia will read it. It was, as an Open Letter, intended for a wider audience. But it was addressed to Alex bc of what this man believes Alex brought to the city and how his son has not measured up by a mile.

The money shot is that while he had a connection to the franchise, it is shot because the whole experience is crap. And he's one of the last to check out. Many of us did it before he did. It's truly shameful and the douche can't even step forward and face the people who allowed him to have a franchise in the first place. No balls. And that's the way it's always been. It's why Archie Manning, ultimately, was right.
    Tough pill to swallow, but not as tough as the pill that I took for over 40 years rooting for this goddamn franchise.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Time to take this chill pills
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

We should take up a collection to post that letter on billboards overlooking the 5 and 805.
        sigpic

Comment

• Highboltage
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Everybody should copy it and send it to any Charger email addresses you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
            Everybody should copy it and send it to any Charger email addresses you can find.
            From my NFL media account:

E-mail Addresses:
            Johnston: bill.johnston@chargers.nfl.com Director of Public Relations
            Yoffe: scott.yoffe@chargers.nfl.com Assistant Director of Public Relations
            Rojas: jennifer.rojas@chargers.nfl.com Corporate Communications Manager
            LaFrance: jamaal.lafrance@chargers.nfl.com Media Relations Coordinator

Following that format, it's probably dean.spanos@chargers.nfl.com

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              I'm not sure Dean really cares what some guy on Instagram writes.
              Rich, why not acknowledge it was a truthful, well written letter that you most likely agree with? I think it's implied that Dean won't give a shit, after all that is the theme of the letter.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                Rich, why not acknowledge it was a truthful, well written letter that you most likely agree with? I think it's implied that Dean won't give a shit, after all that is the theme of the letter.
                The point wasn't whether I agreed with it or not (I do), but rather whether Dean cares what the son of an ex-minority owner posts on Instagram. Spanos either had a really good idea at the start of all this that he would be in LA one way or another or has massive brass balls to go all in on the scorched earth policy. From what I have seen of Dean, I'd say it's a pretty easy guess that it's the first one. In either case, he knew he would be despised, ridiculed, and hated for what he was doing and the way he was doing it. So with that in mind, I don't think he cares what some guy posts on Instagram. He's gotten a worse from others and will get absolutely torched when they are approved to leave.

Comment

• TABF
                  Por debajo del promedio
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoCal
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  The point wasn't whether I agreed with it or not (I do), but rather whether Dean cares what the son of an ex-minority owner posts on Instagram. Spanos either had a really good idea at the start of all this that he would be in LA one way or another or has massive brass balls to go all in on the scorched earth policy. From what I have seen of Dean, I'd say it's a pretty easy guess that it's the first one. In either case, he knew he would be despised, ridiculed, and hated for what he was doing and the way he was doing it. So with that in mind, I don't think he cares what some guy posts on Instagram. He's gotten a worse from others and will get absolutely torched when they are approved to leave.
                  1. I don't think he had some vast thought out major plan.
                  2. I really think he was kicked in the nuts by the sudden, (or not so sudden) Rams to Los Angeles stories at the beginning of the year.
                  3. I do think he gives a damn. Why else has he fallen off the map? He is never on the field pre game.
                  4. I think he really thought fans would see more of his side, hence the "woe is us 14 year" rhetoric.
                  5. I think it started as a play to claim the market to get funding from whomever might move in there. Once the NFL told him he has no claim to LA, he and his douchers had to adjust fire.
                  6. I also think he thought more respect would be given to the tiny bit of land ownership in Carson, which I still truly believe is nothing but a bluff.
                  7. He has given us nothing in terms of championships. We have had far more bad seasons than good. Him being merely a GOOD GUY got him this far because San Diegans like good guys...
                  8. He gave local media zero respect in their abilities. I'm sure he is extremely surprised how they have reacted.
                  Last edited by TABF; 12-08-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I'm not sure what your list has to do with a guys post on Instagram, but that is kind of besides the point. We have hashed all of this over and over again in this thread. IMO, Spanos has given up on San Diego. It was accelerated by Kroenke's bid for LA. He has always had a low profile and is even lower now - why subject yourself to booing and the wrath of unhappy fans? I guess you could say he cares about that. What fans and the media think is not pertinent. Even what his own kids want appears to not be pertinent as if you listened to Kaplan about his conversation with John Spanos, John wants to say here. That isn't what Dean wants to do. I have always thought that he'd end up teaming with Kroenke and I still think that is what happens. A guy like Fabiani, while as slimy as they come, absolutely knew what the reaction would be to their scorched earth policy. None of this is a surprise.

Comment

• Highboltage
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The only fact we know about Dean and moving is he's a douche.

Comment

Working...
                      X