Chiefs at Chargers Pregame Discussion (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fanatic
    Registered Chiefs Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Southern California
    • Realtor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sure, just dominate our OL every snap. No need to change concepts. If they can't hit Herbert, raise hands, deflect pass Genius!

KC's DL is a little closer to average but we are still starting 3 rookie OL unless Pip is back..
    All good points. KC must and will blitz. The thing is Herbert gets the ball out quick thus the blitz can back fire. KC linebackers are really good. Willie Gay was suspended last meeting. He is a force and has really good speed. Last team with the ball will win.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

If we can't stop Kelce, we lose. Stop him, we win. Simple as that.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

The key to this game is if the front four can find a way to get to Mahomes without having to blitz. Mahomes is unreal against the blitz. With our current personnel, I am not sure we can do that?
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
          That was back when the Chargers had good and healthy wide receivers and depth at RB. Tyrell Williams didn't have the best hands, but he could stretch the field. Benjamin wasn't much of a WR, but he could also force the defense to respect the long ball with his speed.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I think it's ironic that we have such a poor offense when we have a great young QB. I've been watching this team play ever since 1961 and part of the fun of it is, we always had a big-play offense. You never could tell when the lightning would strike! Now, we're one of the least exciting offenses in the league.

I blame TT for letting our WR group without sufficient backups and I also think Lombardi is a bad OC.

The lightning has gone out of the Chargers. I hate that!
            I think the same thing. The DNA of the Chargers is big play.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
              In other words, if Derwin stays healthy, and plays 4 quarters, we win....
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                  Like him or not, it's hard to argue against Mahomes.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                    I'm a big Tua fan, grew up in Honolulu so I always root for the local boys that make it to the league. That said, Tua should not be in the MVP race. He's definitely played better this year but the speed of Hill/Waddle makes his job really easy. They're actually pretty low in YAC because they need to sit and wait for Tua's throws to get there. He's accurate sideline to sideline but inaccurate when he has to throw north/south.

As for the game, I actually like our chances. We've played KC well the last couple of years and the quick play, 10+ play drive Lombardi offense has worked out pretty well against them. I'm not confident in our ability to get pressure on Mahomes without Bosa but we did okay in that regard with just Bosa last season. Ultimately, the Chiefs are really good but that offense doesn't terrify me like it has in the past. They're #1 in the league in EPA per play but I'm not dreading those 30 yard chunks every play.

Comment

• fanatic
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Southern California
                      • Realtor
                      • Send PM

Hardman on IR for Kc. Shuster is likely out for this game. So Chiefs offense down top two receivers.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

No such thing as a KC vanilla D. KC D is respectable, average, if playing with a lead. 4 rookies play in the secondary. If KC does not get pressure things will not go well. To get pressure KC has to blitz.
                        I didnt mean KC runs a vanilla D. I was just referring to a LBer for the 49ers who said they ran a very plain D and didnt do much with it but was still able to stop lamebardo's offense. If SF ran vanilla D and was able to stop the O...

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                          I believe keeping Mahomes in the pocket is also big. dont let him scramble around and gain another 3 or 4 seconds for receivers to get open downfield. And someone tackle the slithery fella.

Comment

Working...
                          X