Chiefs @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    i gotta ask:

Derwin had his matchup Kelce, dog vs dog. Where was he? We claim Derwin is the best safety in the league...
    Kelce was better when it mattered. That’s all there is to say. Kelce is one of the best to ever do it so no shame but he won the match up last noght

Comment

• AZBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
      NFL radio was talking about this game this morning and they were talking about how bad/stupid our coaching staff is. Mahomes was interviewed after the game and was asked if he was surprised that the Chargers (stupidly) chose to single cover Kelsey all game long...especially on last drive? Mahomes responded that he was shocked that we left his best receiver single covered..... he was expecting us to double him and take him away..... but we did opposite..... so Majhomes said if we are going to lereave him single covered, he is going to throw it to him as much as possible.... and he did and easily won game.... that last drive was like we did not have a defense on the field.....

we have had same approach since Staley has been our coach and 2 or 3 times, Kelsey has scored 3 TD's to beat us......the definition of stupid!!!!
      I am totally bewildered by the Defensive scheme and approach by Staley/Hill….Earlier this year, the Chargers D scheme against Kelce was solid, as the Chargers were aggressive at chipping Kelce at the line of scrimmage…..it was quite a success as Kelce only caught 5 passes for 51 yds, no TD’s.

Yesterday, for some stupid reason, they did little of that and Kelce had a field day, getting off the line with ease….Why no chipping, it worked fantastic last game, and the Chiefs were down 2 Receivers yesterday, Why didn’t they take the same approach that was so successful? They had the solution and they didnt Go to it…..like coaching malpractice to me, so fricken stupid….like they ignored what really worked for them.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        i gotta ask:

Derwin had his matchup Kelce, dog vs dog. Where was he? We claim Derwin is the best safety in the league...
        I dont think Derwin did that badly. That last TD was all scheme to get TK open. Reid does that better than anybody. Asante got abused though.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

I am totally bewildered by the Defensive scheme and approach by Staley/Hill….Earlier this year, the Chargers D scheme against Kelce was solid, as the Chargers were aggressive at chipping Kelce at the line of scrimmage…..it was quite a success as Kelce only caught 5 passes for 51 yds, no TD’s.

Yesterday, for some stupid reason, they did little of that and Kelce had a field day, getting off the line with ease….Why no chipping, it worked fantastic last game, and the Chiefs were down 2 Receivers yesterday, Why didn’t they take the same approach that was so successful? They had the solution and they didnt Go to it…..like coaching malpractice to me, so fricken stupid….like they ignored what really worked for them.
          The difference was Reid watched the first game and the first half and adjusted to what worked and what didn’t for Kelce. Staley didn’t.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

On the bright side, I don’t think anybody else is going on IR after this game

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              On the bright side, I don’t think anybody else is going on IR after this game
              that's a win finally. take 'em any way we can I suppose.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Kelce was better when it mattered. That’s all there is to say. Kelce is one of the best to ever do it so no shame but he won the match up last noght
                First down: blatant OPI non call,
                Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs Bryce Callahan.

Third down: Holding called on Derwin, who was defending Kelce the same way he had all game, while shutting Kelce down.

It was also when the ball was going somewhere else.

Why is there no discussion of this ?

The MVS/BC play will soon be available for public consumption.
                I saw it in real time. Callahan was livid--rightfully so.

Staley mentioned this play specifically post game. Unfortunately, none of this fits TPB narrative-agenda.

I would like another shot at KC in the playoffs, with Joey.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

First down: blatant OPI non call,
                  Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs Bryce Callahan.

Third down: Holding called on Derwin, who was defending Kelce the same way he had all game, while shutting Kelce down.

It was also when the ball was going somewhere else.

Why is there no discussion of this ?

The MVS/BC play will soon be available for public consumption.
                  I saw it in real time. Callahan was livid--rightfully so.

Staley mentioned this play specifically post game. Unfortunately, none of this fits TPB narrative-agenda.

I would like another shot at KC in the playoffs, with Joey.
                  A lot of calls are blown in games. First and 20? Pffft! Mahomes picks that up in two plays against that D.

Derwin definitely grabbed a piece of Kelce's jersey as Kelce was making his break. Most times that goes unnoticed.

Einstein was a genius.....
                  Staley is a barely adequate defensive coordinator.
                  His schemes are too complicated for players: hence, the
                  routine blown coverages, players out of position, missed tackles and the perpetual promise that the D is very close to getting it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Teleso and Staley need to go.

Flip a coin as to whether the Chargers stumble out of State Farm Stadium next Sunday with a win.
                    Cardinals have won only one game there all season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      Teleso and Staley need to go.

Flip a coin as to whether the Chargers stumble out of State Farm Stadium next Sunday with a win.
                      Cardinals have won only one game there all season.
                      I just have a feeling they won't want to fire Staley - as he can possibly finish 9-8 again. How do you fire a coach that has gone 18-16. But, would they keep Telesco

Telesco is the problem more than Staley. Staley I think can get better - fire his OC; maybe turn the DC duties over to a DC and realize he is the HEAD coach. Telesco is a lost cause

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just have a feeling they won't want to fire Staley - as he can possibly finish 9-8 again. How do you fire a coach that has gone 18-16. But, would they keep Telesco

Telesco is the problem more than Staley. Staley I think can get better - fire his OC; maybe turn the DC duties over to a DC and realize he is the HEAD coach. Telesco is a lost cause
                        Sorry to tell you that the problem is not Telesco. Telesco is nothing but a front man for John Spanos. Spanos makes the ultimate decisions on coach hiring, personnel etc. He's the big boss that Telesco reports too. Of course Telesco has a voice, but nothing gets done without the big boss in agreement. Note that the draft has gone to hell ever since John Spanos took over head scouting duties, and things have gotten worse since he became head of football operations. So I don't expect anything to change. Staley has no experience as a HC and it shows both in prep and game time decisions. He is learning on the job. Problem being he doesn't learn from mistakes. He goes for it on 4th and 2 deep inside our territory in the 1st Q in a critical game to decide a playoff berth. That's not analytics it's football stupidity. Then 4th and inches near midfield with a four point lead against the best offense with an elite QB and plenty of weapons he punts. Again stupidity. If we don't make it the Chiefs score a TD and we're down 3. Note the same thing happens when we punted. But if we make it we have a chance to go up by two scores. The decision should have been obvious. Bottom line Staley is not a HC. Maybe someday he can become a good one. In the mean time we're stuck with the guy because we are not making any changes. Injuries will save him this year. Unless things change he's gone after next year.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The Chiefs unveiled promotions and additions to their front office staff on Wednesday, elevating Mike Borgonzi to assistant general manager under Brett Veach. Borgonzi served under the title of dir…

That is the which-a-why I am advocating for the hiring of the executive that spotted Travis Kelce in the first place, Mike Borgonzi, as Chargers' new GM in 2023.

Borgonzi served under the title of director of football operations for the 2020 season. He joined the Chiefs in 2009 as a college scouting administrator and has marched up the personnel leader under three different general managers, rising up through the scouting side of the business and into player personnel. Borgonzi is widely considered a strong candidate for future general manager openings in the league.

Comment

Working...
                          X