This season will tell us how good our coaching staff is.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    You may be right, but that talent also got them 2-14 last season. Individual talent means nothing if you don't play as a team. Reid pretty much squandered plenty of talented teams with Philly too.
    They were 2-14 due to an awful qb and coach. Just as the 49ers had a stockpile of talent but couldn't win any games until they got better coaching.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      They were 2-14 due to an awful qb and coach. Just as the 49ers had a stockpile of talent but couldn't win any games until they got better coaching.
      Expect they got Andy Reid.

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Well we got McCoy. Who supposedly maximizes talent. Supposedly as in nobody knows if he'll be what people are pumping him out to be...or if he'll be another failed coordinator turned Hc.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Well we got McCoy. Who supposedly maximizes talent. Supposedly as in nobody knows if he'll be what people are pumping him out to be...or if he'll be another failed coordinator turned Hc.
          What does McCoy have to do with this? You are specifically talking about the Chiefs. I am talking about the Chiefs. You said they just needed coaching. I said they got Reid. Reid has years of years mired in mediocrity for me to point to and years of squandered talent. I fail to see how Reid even compares to Harbaugh who didn't have a track record of losing. Let alone to how the hiring of Reid is supposed to turn around all that "talent" for the Chiefs. That you think Alex Smith is a savior at QB is also pretty questionable, since the coach you are putting up on a pedestal just cut his ass for not being able to run the offense he wanted.

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            You tell us to wake up for a long-haul rebuilding project?
            Ok, well go to sleep for a couple of years and see if I care.

I'm just tired of people proclaiming this club to be a Super Bowl contender...that train left 3 years ago, and we have once again the oldest roster in the NFL, which only last year choked away several halftime leads.

Do you see anything good coming this year, because I don't.
            sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
              Ok, well go to sleep for a couple of years and see if I care.

I'm just tired of people proclaiming this club to be a Super Bowl contender...that train left 3 years ago, and we have once again the oldest roster in the NFL, which only last year choked away several halftime leads.

Do you see anything good coming this year, because I don't.
              LOL who is proclaiming us a superbowl contender?

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Many will disagree with you that the chiefs are bottom 5 in talent in the league
                If it was so talented, then why did they blow up the roster this offseason?
                sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

LOL who is proclaiming us a superbowl contender?
                  From the ESPN boards....did they come over here yet?
                  sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

That niners team was also winning 7-8 games a year prior to Saint Harbaugh becoming their coach.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

From the ESPN boards....did they come over here yet?
                      Maybe you should go rant on the ESPN boards. No one on this board is saying we are super bowl contenders. Even the most optimistic of fans barely has us winning 9 games at best (and a million things need to go right for that to happen).

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

What does McCoy have to do with this? You are specifically talking about the Chiefs. I am talking about the Chiefs. You said they just needed coaching. I said they got Reid. Reid has years of years mired in mediocrity for me to point to and years of squandered talent. I fail to see how Reid even compares to Harbaugh who didn't have a track record of losing. Let alone to how the hiring of Reid is supposed to turn around all that "talent" for the Chiefs. That you think Alex Smith is a savior at QB is also pretty questionable, since the coach you are putting up on a pedestal just cut his ass for not being able to run the offense he wanted.
                        slow down there koolaidman, no need to ALWAYS be over defensive (or reverse, overly optimistic), since when did i say Alex smith is a savior or that i am putting Reid on a pedestal? go ahead and show me. All i said was that the chiefs aren't bottom 5 in talent, and their record was mostly due to Matt Cassell at qb and Crennel as HC. as far as me mentioning McCoy, that's what this thread is about isn't it? our coaching staff? is McCoy not part of the coaching staff? as far as Reid and KC is concerned, will he fail because he had bottom 5 talent or becuase he failed to maximize that talent? or maybe it'll be because he doesn't have a qb.

seriously, some posters are overexaggerating where the chargers are at (this team is the suxxors in talent!11!), and overpimping outher parts. get some chill pill yallz.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

If it was so talented, then why did they blow up the roster this offseason?
                          the Chiefs blew up their roster this offseason?

Comment

Working...
                          X