Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

He's been a starter since day one so I don't think it's a wasted pick. He's not been as good as we had hoped but he's not a bust either.
    A starter on a 30th ranked defense. No ball hawking skills. How many ints? Won't get a 2nd contract from us. I expect a lot more from a 2nd rounder.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

A starter on a 30th ranked defense. No ball hawking skills. How many ints? Won't get a 2nd contract from us. I expect a lot more from a 2nd rounder.
      Starting DB in 19th ranked pass defense. Not especially good or bad.
      Actually, DBs are the best unit on this lousy D.
      Defensive coaching is sub par. I do not believe the players are as bad as the results.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

This is where I'm at with the Chargers.

The next two contests are road games, but they are the shortest road road trips the Chargers will ever make from home. Both are in neighboring states a short travel time away from LA. The two teams they play are a combined 7-14. Both teams are dealing with internal strife and conflict between players and coaches. They don't have full buy-in. The Chargers should win both games. If they don't win them both, the Chargers are probably not playoff caliber this season.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

5-2 or better in next 7 games.
          You have to play with what you have.and the active roster has a lot of good quality to elite players.
          Act like it. Man up as a team.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Starting DB in 19th ranked pass defense. Not especially good or bad.
            Actually, DBs are the best unit on this lousy D.
            Defensive coaching is sub par. I do not believe the players are as bad as the results.
            I agree.... we have some talent in secondary.....not as much on DL or LB.... .. but players were not the ones who stupidly chose to singe cover Kelsey the entire game?????.... its stupid coaching that did that..... there are other stupid decisions that are made in other games that helped us lose or just barely beat bad teams........ there is a reason no matter what players we put on field, the defense is still putrid....

Bellycheat can let multiple stars leave his defense in FA, yet he still coaches a solid to great defense...... are his backups better than our starters?.... i doubt it.....so its the coaching.....

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

BB leaves no stone unturned, no rule unstretched. He goes through a lot of players. He's one if a kind.
              He coaches a complete team. His OL coach was with him a looong time, QB TB but generally it's him.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                BB leaves no stone unturned, no rule unstretched. He goes through a lot of players. He's one if a kind.
                He coaches a complete team. His OL coach was with him a looong time, QB TB but generally it's him.
                As good as BB is, He also isn't going anywhere unless he has better jimmys and joes. Especially at QB.
                BB goes and gets players to make his team better over the years. Like when be added Gilmore or Moss. Or how Judon has really helped his current defense.

BB will not reach another Superbowl in a QB driven league unless he gets a much better QB.
                He does a great job of getting his team ready, but also has multiple cheat scandals, so I downgrade his actual coaching and game plan ability because of the cheating.

IMO, Take away Brady and the cheating and BB would have zero rings as a HC. Reid only has 1 in 24 seasons and it took Mahomes magic to help him get that one.

It's always been about the players and always will be. Coaches can mess it up and lose the locker room and management of time and timeouts downs and distance can be poor. But even a prefect game plan by coaches need players to execute it and make those plays. If your jmmy's and joe's get outplayed by better talent, there is no play call that overcomes the talent difference.

Perfect offensive play call vs a defense play call on paper gets blown up by Mack who destroys the double team block and resets the line of scrimmage. Fans would say it was a poor play call....but it was a perfect call vs that defense alignment.....what was not perfect was the execution by the blockers responsible for Mack.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree.... we have some talent in secondary.....not as much on DL or LB.... .. but players were not the ones who stupidly chose to singe cover Kelsey the entire game?????.... its stupid coaching that did that..... there are other stupid decisions that are made in other games that helped us lose or just barely beat bad teams........ there is a reason no matter what players we put on field, the defense is still putrid....

Bellycheat can let multiple stars leave his defense in FA, yet he still coaches a solid to great defense...... are his backups better than our starters?.... i doubt it.....so its the coaching.....

Totally agree!

I will be at State Farm stadium cheering the Bolts on Sunday

Renaldo Hill Has to be one of the worst, if not the worst defensive coordinator in all of football …..his schemes seems to be stupid beyond belief…. That first touchdown by Kelce they had three to the left we two to the left Kelsey caught it and follow the blocks easily into the end zone…..WTF? bolts didn’t chip Kelce in the 2nd half and he had a field day…..the first game Against the Chiefs this year they chipped him early and often and he had 5 catches for 51 yards and no touchdowns……and they didn’t continue to chip that worked so well the first game? Really stupid letting that guy home free of the line like that.

Anyway,we will need to outscore everyone to win going forward, and hopefully we will, if we can get healthier,JH is looking very good….start Sunday, Chargers 34 Cardinals 31.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Joshua Kelley is available for the game (although this doesn't ensure that he'll be active tomorrow, but I assume he will be):

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Hoping to see Kelley with a fresh pair of legs!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Keep choppin' wood LAC !
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

if it was up to me someone gotta be fired if they lose this game.

so either Staley fires his OC or DC or he goes himself if he doesn't want to make a move.

Telesco would of been fired already 4 or 5 years into his tenure if he was with a team that cares about winning culture.

Comment

Working...
                          X