• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

I feel safe in saying I have been a Bolt fan longer than just about anyone on this board. I have never been this disinterested in the team. Even during losing seasons I still would watch or listen to every game in its entirety. I'd be looking forward to the draft and watching potential picks in bowl games. We've had coaching issues etc. in the past yet I still looked forward with optimism. Not this year. The only difference I see is the stadium issue and the team probably moving to LA. I haven't even lived in San Diego for 37 years, but the thought of the Chargers leaving puts a bad taste in my mouth. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to hardcore fans living in the city. I remember how excited the city was to get the team and especially the work the late Jack Murphy put in to make it happen. Even though Dean Spanos and I are the same age I'm sure he does not have those same memories. In fact, living in Stockton at that time (I assume) I doubt neither he nor his father knew much at all about the Chargers. My point is Dean and the Spanos family are newcomers compared to a lot of Charger fans like myself. I'm sure he really doesn't care but he already has taken away a lot from a lot of people. I see the apathy on this board and it's obvious what is behind it. I have to believe the players and the coaching staff have to feel similarly to us on this board. You can say all you want that you have a job to do and it has no effect on you, but when your future is uncertain, it has to somewhat take the edge off of your focus. In the game of football played at the NFL level, even a minor blip like that can make the difference between winning and losing.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

"You can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back"

Sorry, couldn't help it. Lyrics get to me.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
        I feel safe in saying I have been a Bolt fan longer than just about anyone on this board. I have never been this disinterested in the team. Even during losing seasons I still would watch or listen to every game in its entirety. I'd be looking forward to the draft and watching potential picks in bowl games. We've had coaching issues etc. in the past yet I still looked forward with optimism. Not this year. The only difference I see is the stadium issue and the team probably moving to LA. I haven't even lived in San Diego for 37 years, but the thought of the Chargers leaving puts a bad taste in my mouth. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to hardcore fans living in the city. I remember how excited the city was to get the team and especially the work the late Jack Murphy put in to make it happen. Even though Dean Spanos and I are the same age I'm sure he does not have those same memories. In fact, living in Stockton at that time (I assume) I doubt neither he nor his father knew much at all about the Chargers. My point is Dean and the Spanos family are newcomers compared to a lot of Charger fans like myself. I'm sure he really doesn't care but he already has taken away a lot from a lot of people. I see the apathy on this board and it's obvious what is behind it. I have to believe the players and the coaching staff have to feel similarly to us on this board. You can say all you want that you have a job to do and it has no effect on you, but when your future is uncertain, it has to somewhat take the edge off of your focus. In the game of football played at the NFL level, even a minor blip like that can make the difference between winning and losing.
        We had bad teams in the past and we knew it from the start and accepted it. The problem with this team is that we expected significantly better play. This team has underperformed more than any Bolt's team ever. And that's from day 1. In my opinion, this team has never been prepared and has never played hard.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
        X