Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Go Padres? Not exactly the team I'd be wanting to switch over to watch if I was looking for a competitive team.
    I root for San Diego.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      I root for San Diego.
      Some of us root for the city's teams, some of us root for the owner's teams. I, like you, root for San Diego's teams.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

This isn't close to being the worst Charger team ever. It may be the most disappointing and frustrating team ever though.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think the 1-15 team, despite the record, is better than this team because they had that tough defense with Junior and Rodney. They'd kick the 2015 team's ass, especially with that shit OL. However, and I'm going by memories of a little kid, I think the 1973 team might be a little worse. An aging Unitas giving way to a rookie Dan Fouts, a team in the midst of a drug scandal, it's a pretty close call. At least that team wasn't threatening to leave but they probably could have with little resistance.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            a team in the midst of a drug scandal
            That's one of the reasons I mentioned the early 70s squads. That scandal made the team irrelevant in the minds of many fans. Of course the threatened move hangs over the jaded fanbase just as heavily.

But if your talking teams and talent, I think this team is better. Certainly when healthy. That '73 team had a -198 scoring margin and was shut out three times. This year's club has better talent with brutal injuries and is -84 on scoring differential. Acee doesn't do his homework.
            Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 12-14-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              Clearly, though, there is not enough character on this team that it will continue to work to win.
              I think they work hard and they have some talent. But those two things are not the only qualities necessary to win. The lack of leadership and toughness (outside of Rivers) is pretty telling.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I think they work hard and they have some talent. But those two things are not the only qualities necessary to win. The lack of leadership and toughness (outside of Rivers) is pretty telling.
                This team works no harder than any other Charger team in recent memory. As for talent, well they are worse now on that level than when TT was hired.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Of all the utter group suck fests we called a team, this one IS, without a doubt, the highest paid!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think if we lose our last 3 games and if both Tennessee and Cleveland lost all of their last games then we end up picking #2. Since we had the 1st pick in the draft in 2004 (and traded it for Rivers) we can say this isn't the worst season in Chargers history as it looks right now. We would tie with 1998 when we drafted Leaf and 1974 when we drafted Bo Mathews, both the 2nd pick in the draft. Now we didn't have a 1st round draft pick in 1972 but from what I can see Buffalo did have the first pick in the first round and the first pick in the second round so it may have been that we traded the second pick in that draft to San Francisco.

So, if you look at draft standing this team looks poised to be in a tie for the second worst team in SD history since the merger.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

The problem I have with the current group is that they seem to work hard and try hard, and have some skills, but if the real problem lies elsewhere, can this team be fixed? Or do we need to gut it and basically start over? They play like individuals and do it stupidly at that. Certainly there are some keepers in the bunch, but right now it is hard to tell.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Of all the qualified (wrong word if there ever was one) candidates, this loser Bolt squad is by far the most underachieving. Thumbs down. Kill the poor beast.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          The problem I have with the current group is that they seem to work hard and try hard, and have some skills, but if the real problem lies elsewhere, can this team be fixed? Or do we need to gut it and basically start over? They play like individuals and do it stupidly at that. Certainly there are some keepers in the bunch, but right now it is hard to tell.
                          The problem I have is that there are too many older guys being counted on and too many younger guys who suck. As for skills, that is pretty much on the older guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X