• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz talked about the strengths of the class and the benefit of the combine returning.

Ravens took two TEs in Kolar and Likely.
    Likely is a beast.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

A pairing of Hortiz from the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh is intriguing to me.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or maybe Payton will look take 10-12 mil.if he wants to be here bad enough.
        I don't know how much he was making at NO and frankly I think 10 mil is too high for Dean.
        That would be nice.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

in my heart, am very grateful for having Telesco post AJ, as that guy had def worn out his welcome, and.... think Telesco will be forever welcome here in Chargerland, and hence my suggestion to give him another position in the FO, instead of pushing him out the door, and as despite that.... my head tells me it's time to move on from Tom.

the question for me is not only who is in the best interests of the Chargers, the football team, but who will hit it off w/young John.

don't know how well he (Spanos) vibed w/Anthony Ray, but do recall how uncomfortable TT was for Lynn's introductory press conference.... it was pretty clear that Telesco had not been instrumental in his hiring.

also fairly certain that TT & John Spanos get along fabulously and that Telesco was just what the neophyte DFO needed, albeit their success together, and altho oft praised, really does leave a fair bit to be desired record wise @least, as we have been a decidedly avg football under their watch.

my two HCs of choice are both strong individuals, and don't know if they'd be a little much for young John ?? Ron Rivera (if things fall apart in WashDC), and/or Brian Flores.

does young John get along w/a Louis Riddick, and does Riddick bridge any differences between Spanos and his new HC ?? or does someone like Daniel Jeremiah make more sense, and then you bring in a Sean Peyton, that plenty of peoples are clamoring for ??

whatever the case, do not want my HC as defacto head of personnel.

it has been time to move on from Tom for awhile now, and despite his (BS) accolades as well, just don't see the probability for a long successful run by Staley, based on what we've seen to date.

speaking for myself, Lombo & Herbo are not an overly complementary match, and Renaldo Hill is captain of a rank 'n file defense, and not convinced that the captain of the ship is for real.... he really knows football, but that in and of itself is prolly not sufficient to navigate the waters of the NFL without taking on water.... hopefully his boat stays outta the drink, but don't like his odds.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Joe Schoen

Screenshot 2022-11-30 005055.jpg
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

That AJ Brown trade came back to haunt him in a big way. Still, he's a better GM than what the Chargers currently possess.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

If the Chargers have a new GM and HC - I want somebody who has been there, done that

I am tired of people learning on the job

I know there are examples where it has worked with a first time GM

I just don't trust the Spanii to pick a newby

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                  Someone from the 49ers or Ravens.

Then DeMeco Ryans as head coach and Joe Brady as Offensive coordinator.
                  THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Tom Telesco has won 75 games and has been here since 2013.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That AJ Brown trade came back to haunt him in a big way. Still, he's a better GM than what the Chargers currently possess.
                      No doubt Titans are on the phone making John Spanos mega offers for Telesco.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        If the Chargers have a new GM and HC - I want somebody who has been there, done that

I am tired of people learning on the job

I know there are examples where it has worked with a first time GM

I just don't trust the Spanii to pick a newby
                        I think you've touched on all my concerns. I think it's got to be said that Dean + John will be picking their 4th head coach in the near future and the names that they have passed on in the last three groupings, are enough to make me scream. It's NEVER been about the best candidate, the priority always been the degree of John's involvement, IMO.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

No doubt Titans are on the phone making John Spanos mega offers for Telesco.
                          Too funny !

Comment

Working...
                          X