Clear All
  • Iowachargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Dow City, Iowa
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Holy crap thats it!
    We need to make a statement on Fan Appreciation Day.
    What better way to show our Fan Appreciation then with a single digit.
    Who is with me?
    I want to see 50K fingers raised throughout this game. Lets get on social media and get this thing rolling!
    If you want 50K fingers raised, you will need to get about 20K Dolphin fans to join in.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
      If you want 50K fingers raised, you will need to get about 20K Dolphin fans to join in.
      So we'll have to make a deal with Tony Montana.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        So basically San Diego would hold the Chargers name, colors, and history, but no NFL team? No thanks.
        we could hope someone else moves a team here eventually and becomes the Chargers again, or possibly apply for an expansion team when they finally decide to add London. The Spanii have shit on the Chargers history from the minute they promoted Al Saunders to "co-Head Coach" to force Coryell out. At least they couldn't fuck up the legacy anymore than they already have
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          You get it. Rep.

haha
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            we could hope someone else moves a team here eventually and becomes the Chargers again, or possibly apply for an expansion team when they finally decide to add London. The Spanii have shit on the Chargers history from the minute they promoted Al Saunders to "co-Head Coach" to force Coryell out. At least they couldn't fuck up the legacy anymore than they already have
            If they move I don't care if they continue to screw up the legacy further, they're dead to me. I abhor the idea of giving Deano one extra penny.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Here's the thing.

In my mind, I really don't believe for a minute that the NFL owners are stupid enough to shove a team that Los Angeles does not give a rat's ass about into a huge media market. A market that has much stronger historical ties to the two other teams competing for the region.
              One of which can not only pay their own way, but could easily afford a massive relocation fee to be shared within the walls of the owners' Cartel.

So what is likely going to happen when all the bullshit clears?

Well, this could drag on for a while. Eventually the Rams will fund and build a stadium on their own with the blessing of the owners in exchange for money. Lots of it. This is all about negotiating the details. This loot will be shared by the owners and they will likely also save on any G3 loan money, as Kroenke doesn't really need it. He only needs the go ahead to build. 30 owners will be satisfied, leaving only two owners to be appeased somehow. They will start with the unused G3 money and perhaps kick in a sweetner as well. This IMO, is why two of the teams agreed to partner in the first place.

This is all about a settlement.

This is why we as fans have been subjected to all the uncertainty and alienation by the Stewards of the Franchise. Will they move? There is nowhere to go for 2 or the 3 teams. Eventually one of those might be a tenant down the line once the LA market has been reestablished. That is a long way away. We as fans have no recourse but to sit and take it until it all finally plays out. Spanos continue to hide from the public eye, and run the local fanbase into the ground in order to get a perceived larger payout for market infringement. The less interest in San Diego over the next several years, the more loss of income he can ultimately claim.

This is how and why we are being screwed over.

I would like to see a show of hands with a single digit salute this Sunday.
              Never seen you make a post this lengthy. You don't say much my friend but when you do it's to the point and I salute you for it.

Precisely my thinking on this subject.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                The trouble with this is Dean's whole argument and justification to the other owners about moving to LA is that he considers LA and SD his market. If he finally does get there, no way he and his "alliance" allow another team to move into his market.
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  The trouble with this is Dean's whole argument and justification to the other owners about moving to LA is that he considers LA and SD his market. If he finally does get there, no way he and his "alliance" allow another team to move into his market.
                  Right, he wants to move to LA, then continue to cock block San Diego into perpetuity.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That's a good point.

But, you know, even if the opportunity existed to do a Cleveland-style deal I don't think I'd want it. To me, that's only a viable option if I just have an insatiable thirst for NFL football at all costs. I don't. Not after this. My Chargers are these Chargers, for better or worse (mostly worse). Some made up Chargers doesn't mean the same thing to me. Doesn't mean anything to me, actually. Part of my attraction to the Bolts is the AFL heritage, Air Coryell, Humphries and Means, LT, Rivers, etc. My major attraction to the Chargers is that they represent San Diego. And when they leave they no longer represent me or us. So they are dead and I will have fond memories of this team, even my sufferings. But I'll be done with the NFL for the way it's dumped on my city just like the Mannings did. There are the right ways to go about things and there are wrong ways. This is decidedly the latter. I'm done with the NFL if this happens. I don't want to start all over with some generic franchise, even if it's run by a non-Spanos and actually has a chance to win championships because of it.

Edit: I re-read this post and wanted to add something. I mentioned a lot of glories of the Chargers' past as things that attracted me to the franchise. But I didn't really address the many low points. And there have been many, many more of those than there have been highlights. For better or worse, I'm attached to this franchise just as much for the rough patches as the high points. I think we got robbed in the Holy Roller game. I yelled "WTF are you doing, you stupid MF'er????" at McCree when he fumbled. I tried three times in three days to catch a flight out of iced-in Oklahoma City to SD for that playoff game before they said that the Sunday morning flight wasn't going and I went home so I could watch it on TV. Meanwhile, my luggage and Alworth jersey made it out to SD. I was there when Marty got penalized for going out on the field and The Imp missed the kick in the playoffs against the Jets. I listened to us melt down against the Oilers in the '79 playoffs on barely audible AM radio while driving from Tampa to New Orleans. I sat in the freezing rain at Arrowhead with Supercharger on Christmas Eve for a week 16 meaningless game loss to Larry Johnson's Chiefs. I've witnessed a lot of losses to those silver and black wankers. I think we got fucked by injuries to Winslow and Leslie O'Neal. I think we lost a Super Bowl win by trading JJ and Dean. I think we would have made the '77 playoffs with Fouts all year (thanks Howard Slusher). I think we should have won more than one AFL championship. I've suffered through Kevin Gilbride, Harland Svare, :facepalm:, Dan Henning, Marty's playoff ghosts, and pre-lei June Jones. I've taken unmitigated shit from my friends. I've followed this team from afar for decades. I've suffered through terrible ownerships.

And there's a lot more. I know you know. But these 'hardships' have been endured out of a sense of loyalty. That's how I'm wired and I expect that most of you are similarly wired. Loyalty means something to us. And loyalty means that you take the bad with the good. It also means you're not a front-runner. It may also mean that you're a glutton for punishment and an idiot. But the downsides are just as much a part of my being a fan as the good times. I own them. They're part of me. We all know these little things that changed the course of the franchise that few others know. That's who the Chargers are and that's who we've followed because on some level we know that a championship (that might never come) would be even sweeter than it could possibly be for a Cowboys, Steelers or Packers fan. We hung in there on that possibility. So if you want to throw some other lightning bolts on the field that have no connection to any of that...they aren't the Bolts. They might as well be the Jaguars or the Raiders. No thanks.
                    Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 12-18-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      That's a good point.

But, you know, even if the opportunity existed to do a Cleveland-style deal I don't think I'd want it. To me, that's only a viable option if I just have an insatiable thirst for NFL football at all costs. I don't. Not after this. My Chargers are these Chargers, for better or worse (mostly worse). Some made up Chargers doesn't mean the same thing to me. Doesn't mean anything to me, actually. Part of my attraction to the Bolts is the AFL heritage, Air Coryell, Humphries and Means, LT, Rivers, etc. My major attraction to the Chargers is that they represent San Diego. And when they leave they no longer represent me or us. So they are dead and I will have fond memories of this team, even my sufferings. But I'll be done with the NFL for the way it's dumped on my city just like the Mannings did. There are the right ways to go about things and there are wrong ways. This is decidedly the latter. I'm done with the NFL if this happens. I don't want to start all over with some generic franchise, even if it's run by a non-Spanos and actually has a chance to win championships because of it.
                      Here here. Once the NFL leaves, don't come back.

Comment

• Wheels
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Time to #flipOffTheNFL

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Grubman already publicly and forcefully stated the Chargers have NO claim on the LA market. Even if it was a little valid in the eyes of some other idiot owners- look at how Deano has failed miserably to take advantage of the market in 20 years with no competition! It's so laughable a claim it's not even funny!
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X