Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    Idk if this win means we peaked or are turning a corner. I thought for sure this was blowout loss waiting to happen. I guess Joe's offense isn't so bad when MikeDub is back in the rotation. I gotta eat some crow on this one but better that than the aftertaste of another L.
    I think this may have been Staley turning a corner in all honesty. He may not admit it, but the backtalk about his defense -- lack of physicality, poor tackling and execution, rigidity of scheme/lack of adjustments -- may have finally reached him.

Truth be told, he can probably run the same defensive game plan he ran with in this game with slight modifications in the rest of the games (cover 1 vs cover 2, more inside linebacker blitzes, Murray on outside edge, Niemann inside, etc.) and have similar levels of success. The most notable change has been to move out of soft zone to more man coverage which -- whether inside-man or outside-man -- more naturally matches up with our talent in the secondary.
    Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 12-12-2022, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Screenshot_20221212-035738_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

This quote about looks on defence that somone put here, it is rising anothet question for me - Has our defensive staff (included Staley) evolved or been forced to change def looks due to injuries and all will come back to what it was once players return?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          I only started reading around page 60 and I havent liked so many posts in this short span!
          I'll admit I didnt think the D would play this well. gotta tip my hat off to those guys and the gameplan on both sides of the ball, especially the D side. Kudos to the team for pulling this one out. sounded like a greatly-coached team tonight. now hopefully they can keep this great coaching going thru february.
          StaleyD finally taking hold.
          The great teacher.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I think this may have been Staley turning a corner in all honesty. He may not admit it, but the backtalk about his defense -- lack of physicality, poor tackling and execution, rigidity of scheme/lack of adjustments -- may have finally reached him.

Truth be told, he can probably run the same defensive game plan he ran with in this game with slight modifications in the rest of the games (cover 1 vs cover 2, more inside linebacker blitzes, Murray on outside edge, Niemann inside, etc.) and have similar levels of success. The most notable change has been to move out of soft zone to more man coverage which -- whether inside-man or outside-man -- more naturally matches up with our talent in the secondary.
            Several people graduated with Bachelors Degrees in StaleyD. K9. Nasir. Vato.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Staley deserves kudos for the defense but the elephant in the room or shall we say that field last night was Tua who absolutely sucked in his pass attempts.

Here’s what happened.

Both Herbert and Tua heard the pregame hype about this rivalry and Tua cracked under the pressure.

As diehard Charger fans all our focus tends to be on our players and the intense scrutiny/pressure they confront.

But think about it. Tua knew this was a critical matchup which reflected back to the draft order so he too was under pressure. In fact, since it was supposed to be a cakewalk for him because of the superior talent surrounding him, it was probably too much for him and he folded like a cheap suit.

on the other hand, Herbie rose to the occasion and excelled.

what a monster win and statement!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Diante Lee is a good read on what the heck is going on out there on D.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think it was in the pregame thread where someone posted that. Another poster said Herbert might be a dimwit.
                  That was the comment that got me up out of my BarcaLounger. #fightingwords tharrr.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

put it this way, they outcoached and outclassed a better team tonight. Say it, they did.
                    D-Mac: I’ll gladly eat a little crow as I made that statement on another thread. We’ll coached game all around…won all three phases…..easily the best gems all season. Particularly impressed with how well prepared the D was….this is the type of D I expected all year. Maybe there is hope…

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

StaleyD finally taking hold.
                      The great teacher.
                      PLAYOFFS or bust! This is why IF we can finally turn the corner on being a 500. team Id take Staley over Payton! He's got the knowledge, and now it seems like the players are starting to BELIEVE!

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                        I hope this puts the Payton rumors to rest. Our head coach put together a heck of a game plan. Herbert is healthy, Williams is healthy this team is trending up. This team is trending the right way for the playoffs. Screw Payton we got our coach.
                        we should always be looking to upgrade. Huge credit to Staley and the Staff for this game plan. But to say that this one game changes the narrative would be foolish. If they can make a run and even make the playoffs, then yeah, probably keep them and give at least another year.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Staley took away what Tua does best and deserves a ton of credit for it, as it clearly affected him and McDaniel did not seem to have an answer or adjustment to it. I am surprised that they did not try to run more in the second half, if for no other reason than to give their D a bit of time to rest. They did lose Wilson, but did run 19 times for 92 yards and a 4.8 yard per carry average in the game. Tennessee will be a completely different beast in their approach to our D.

Comment

Working...
                          X