Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
    Awesome game; coaching, players, different phases all in-sync.

The $64,000 question is where has this been all season.

We have absolute dumpster games against (much) less talented teams (i.e. Houston last year, Jacksonville this year, etc.). While having Keenan & Big Mike + Lindsey back certainly helped, let’s admit there’s much more to it.

One of the Dolphin’s offensive players said after the game the Bolts showed different looks on D, which they’d never seen before.

It’s clear Staley & company - unintentionally, of course - play up to their competition. It’s both a coaching issue and a player intensity issue.

For the Chargers to become a good team, they must be CONSISTENTLY good - in their preparation, game planing and in-game execution.
    The Bolts played different looks on D than I’ve ever seen before.

Keep it up, that will win you a lot of games.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
      Since Balboa Stadium
      • Sep 2022
      • LA
      • Send PM

I watch the Bolts now with partial disinterest figuring with all these injuries no way anything big will happen this year...especially the shape of the OL which is the biggest deal....but yet...I watch the game last night...I honestly have no idea how they won. The defense with all the backups...those guys should be the starters going forward.

Herbert was just able to elude the pass rushers who were on him in a few seconds, and complete passes....

I don't think that will work all the time...for for whatever reason it worked last nite.

I am perplexed.

Hey Bosa...thanks for nothing.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley was adamant that his defensive plan was very different from SF
        If he said that I believe him. I didn't watch that game last week and I'm no expert at analyzing defenses. Maybe the Bills will borrow from Staley to devise a defensive game plan against the Dolphins next week.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If he said that I believe him. I didn't watch that game last week and I'm no expert at analyzing defenses. Maybe the Bills will borrow from Staley to devise a defensive game plan against the Dolphins next week.
          The Chargers played the most press coverage they’ve played all year. That was the difference.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Top plays for the Chargers in this game.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We need the double finger point made into a gif on this forum!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

The Chargers played the most press coverage they’ve played all year. That was the difference.
                Adapt to each opponent. Belicheck does. Bradley did for one game vs the Ravens when they beat Lamar that year....Gotta do it EVERY week to be great, not just once a year or somethin

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                  It’s great to see Herbert doing things Herbert has routinely done. He has uncanny pocket awareness. There were a couple of plays where Herbert adjusted his arm angle to keep drives alive without really seeing where the pressure was coming from.

Although he prob should have done it much more last game, moving Herbert out of the pocket was crucial in this game, so Lombardi should get props too! I don’t care how often the Chargers pass, they still run enough to where it has to be respected.
                  ^ This...this game more than any other, Herbie had a lot of designed roll-outs...I think it helps him see the field better, and greatly reduces the bat-downs and deflections...Herbie also throws very well on the run, and I like the threat of the scramble...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep...liked that...even though Vato tripped on that TD to Hill, he had really tight coverage on Hill most of the game...now THAT'S where Vato's speed comes in handy...not too many corners can keep up with Hill...Vato may have found his niche...maybe press corner is his best role...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Herbert and Allen were pointing at each other after completions.

My mother taught me it's not polite to point.

But this was different.
                      Yep...when Allen points at Herbie and says, "you 'da man!" that's so cool...very few QB's can gun that quick out in a tight window to Slayer the way Herbie did, and KA was covered like a blanket...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

More specifically, they jammed and bumped Hill every play they could, slowed him and disrupted his chi. Took him out of his game for the moist part. Waddle was mostly invisible all game under the press too.

Vato is playing lights out and has been all year - gotta credit the cat and his amazing comeback from a very down 2021 season. ASJ played better, less mistakes. His PI call was total BS, that was great PD.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...this game more than any other, Herbie had a lot of designed roll-outs...I think it helps him see the field better, and greatly reduces the bat-downs and deflections...Herbie also throws very well on the run, and I like the threat of the scramble...
                          He had many more plays in the pocket where he deftly eluded the pass rush - he gave a master class on how to move around and make NFL pass rushers look futile. he was so good, so calm and smooth, and he made it look so easy, we don’t full credit how incredible he was.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X