• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wait until the first interception Herbert throws after signing his monster contract extension - I'm sure we'll get some great takes on that one.
    I guess when folks get frustrated they stop making sense…it’s been happening way too much this season, probably because expectations were so high to start the year…but the year ain’t over yet! Why are we talking about the offseason?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

I'm sure he is breathing a sigh of relief that you are giving him one more week.

Of course, if you give up on him so easily, I'm not sure why you think a team would give us a first round pick, and take on the rest of his contract, along with us taking the cap hit from trading him making next year's cap space issues even worse.
      It's not that! I know fans love Bosa when he plays! So do I, but in today's NFL I refuse I to be a fan boy first, like you! A lot of these pro athletes these days really don't care if they win or lose ultimately (see Junior Seau's career to get a real picture of a player dedicated to his team, players, and coaches 1st), and obviously we are ascending and winning without him....with his salary I could think of a 100 different ways we could improve our roster .... This may go over your head, but to me its playoffs or bust, way before it will ever be a fan boy to players whose priorities is mostly the big contract and Bosa coming into the league with a particular statement that he'll be rich and retired while insulting a fan directly is a perfect example of this!!!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Refs can throw a flag every down if they want. Guaranteed something technical is bring done wrong.
        Call or don't call the same penalties the same way on both teams. or it looks fishy.
        I prefer "let them play". Flag the blatant fouls only but get them when it happens.
        Everybody likes “let em play” until your WRs and edge rushers are getting mugged … I do agree there is probably a technical violation almost every play. I don’t think refs see them all, and i agree fouls must be reasonably “foulish” to draw a flag and most importantly call it exactly the same for both sides.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Wow, what is going on? So many posts cut keenan and/or trade keenan, cut MW and/or trade MW, and now trade bosa?

I guess elite players are not supposed to get injured because they make more money? What is the fucking logic here? Everyone else is trying to acquire assets and charger fans want the team to trade our best players, WTF? You guys swear their paychecks are coming outta your own fucking bank account, seriously,:wtf:

is rashawn slater next? He’s missed too much time, right? Oh wait, he gets a pass because he’s making rookie salary, LOL…
          Co-sign…

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

If the pats HC thought like some of these fanboys and fangirls did I wonder how many Superbowls he would have won! The players playing right now on the Chargers seem to be giving 100 percent effort for each other..... Everyone else other than Slater are expendable at this point provided we can get the right kind of players or draft picks in exchange..... whomever is saying simply cut the probowl players for nothing are not looking at the situation correctly. Coach Staley needs a certain type of player for the culture he has established!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              If the pats HC thought like some of these fanboys and fangirls did I wonder how many Superbowls he would have won! The players playing right now on the Chargers seem to be giving 100 percent effort for each other..... Everyone else other than Slater are expendable at this point provided we can get the right kind of players or draft picks in exchange..... whomever is saying simply cut the probowl players for nothing are not looking at the situation correctly. Coach Staley needs a certain type of player for the culture he has established!
              Cutting or trading pro bowl players after we gave them huge signing bonuses and will have to eat huge dead cap dollars is not a winning strategy for building a talented roster in a world of fixed team caps. Just strongly disagree with the idea if the pro bowl players in question are still pro bowl/elite caliber. Joey is elite. Derwin is elite. No way we replace them with equal players without the luckiest draw of an inside straight in draft history. TT has never shown he can pull off that kind of inside straight draw. He is not adding so many great new young players that we don’t need our best players. He never has, thats why its taken 10 years to even build the roster we have.

Keenan is still delivering so its hard to consider losing him too though my eyeballs tell me that he’s not the same Slayer of yore and I don’t know how many more gallons he has left in his tank. But he’s too good still to want to eat his remaining dead cap next year. I am comfortable betting all three are Chargers in 2023.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

What would Bill do doesn't work if you aren't him. We have to make our own way to a SB. We can worry about about multiple SBs after we win our first.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

I could be wrong but I believe the last year the Chargers made the playoffs was 2018 that year Joey Bosa was out 9 games that season because he injured his foot. He returned later in the season and played in both playoff games against the Ravens he had 1 sack and played well, in game 2 against the pats he had 1 tackle. Derwin has had many injuries........

In regard to Derwin James
                  Sep 10, 2016 Non-NFL Knee Meniscus Tear James suffered a left lateral meniscus tear in a game on September 10, 2016. He underwent surgery and missed the final 11 games of the season.
                  Aug 15, 2019 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture James suffered a stress fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot ahead of the preseason game against the Saints. He underwent surgery to address a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his foot
                  Aug 30, 2020 NFL Knee Meniscus Tear James suffered a meniscus injury in his right knee during the Chargers' practice in the training camp. He underwent successful surgery and ending his 2020 season on IR
                  Dec 31, 1921 NFL Shoulder James missed two games in 2021, both because of a hamstring injury, but he was also apparently suffering from a shoulder issue and had labrum surgery once the season ended.
                  Nov 27, 2022 NFL Leg Quad Strain James first suffered the injury in Week 12. He played through it in Week 13 before missing Week 14.

And here we are this year since 2018 zero playoffs, with the same 2 players injured, do you see a pattern here! Yes or No! also these are maybe our top 1 2 or 3 highest paid players on our squad. I'll just leave it at this. Go Chargers

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

It's not that! I know fans love Bosa when he plays! So do I, but in today's NFL I refuse I to be a fan boy first, like you! A lot of these pro athletes these days really don't care if they win or lose ultimately (see Junior Seau's career to get a real picture of a player dedicated to his team, players, and coaches 1st), and obviously we are ascending and winning without him....with his salary I could think of a 100 different ways we could improve our roster .... This may go over your head, but to me its playoffs or bust, way before it will ever be a fan boy to players whose priorities is mostly the big contract and Bosa coming into the league with a particular statement that he'll be rich and retired while insulting a fan directly is a perfect example of this!!!!
                    It has nothing to do with how I feel about Bosa, but it's simply not realistic to move on from him this year based on his contract. Besides, we are making the playoffs this year and he will be back and playing for us in them.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

It has nothing to do with how I feel about Bosa, but it's simply not realistic to move on from him this year based on his contract. Besides, we are making the playoffs this year and he will be back and playing for us in them.
                      I get that in regard to simply cutting the player, but no one is suggesting that.... but what If a star player is traded for a similar star player, doesn't his contract go to the new team he is traded for?. Isn't the team that traded him off the hook for everything because the new team picks up the signing bonus and the salary deals. Or I believe the salaries have to be close in range but wouldn't a trade for let's say someone like Deebo Samuel for Joey Bosa work? How were the panthers able to trade Christian Mccaffrey for a bunch of draft picks, was that not realistic to move on from him based on his contract???? Let's say Bosa doesn't play again this season couldn't we trade him for a bunch of draft picks and be off the hook for his contract? It seems like you are saying its not realistic to cut Bosa which again no one is suggesting? You could be right though I know this is complicated.

Also we better not have a let down against the 4 win colts because I believe the Rams game is going to be tough!!!!!!! I said earlier in the season this is a 10 win team at worse on paper and it looks like with good head coaching, PLAY CALLING and team play we could get 11 wins. The worst thing now would be to lose the next 3 games, but even if we do we could still make the playoffs with 8 wins based on the remaining teams schedule. As of today after the Jets game we should be in the drivers seat with making the playoffs.

As always PLAYOFFS or bust! Go Chargers!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm still giving the benefit of the doubt to Bosa, but it would be charitable to his fans to make a statement or two on his progress and desire to play. I know he did a few weeks ago, but that was a few weeks ago. He's not required to do this, but it would be a nice thing to do.
                        My disappointment in Bosa is palpable. He acts like a paycheck player

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I get that in regard to simply cutting the player, but no one is suggesting that.... but what If a star player is traded for a similar star player, doesn't his contract go to the new team he is traded for?. Isn't the team that traded him off the hook for everything because the new team picks up the signing bonus and the salary deals. Or I believe the salaries have to be close in range but wouldn't a trade for let's say someone like Deebo Samuel for Joey Bosa work? How were the panthers able to trade Christian Mccaffrey for a bunch of draft picks, was that not realistic to move on from him based on his contract???? Let's say Bosa doesn't play again this season couldn't we trade him for a bunch of draft picks and be off the hook for his contract? It seems like you are saying its not realistic to cut Bosa which again no one is suggesting? You could be right though I know this is complicated.

Also we better not have a let down against the 4 win colts because I believe the Rams game is going to be tough!!!!!!! I said earlier in the season this is a 10 win team at worse on paper and it looks like with good head coaching, PLAY CALLING and team play we could get 11 wins. The worst thing now would be to lose the next 3 games, but even if we do we could still make the playoffs with 8 wins based on the remaining teams schedule. As of today after the Jets game we should be in the drivers seat with making the playoffs.

As always PLAYOFFS or bust! Go Chargers!
                          The entire signing bonus is eaten by the team that gave it, no matter what. The realistic time we could cut or trade him would be after next season and then we'd still have to eat $7 million in cap space.

Comment

Working...
                          X