• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bring me that crow

I said a lot of negative things about Staley and the defense early on, but there's no other way to put this: he has probably been one of the major reasons we have been able to weather this storm of a season. Under his leadership, guys never quit, and here we are, a playoff team playing good defense getting healthy at the right time. (Yes I know Lombardi is a different story)

What kind of damage can this team do in the playoffs against elite competition? I don't know, to be honest. But I promise you we won't be an easy out and I'll take our chances with the way this defense is playing and a Herbert who could truly break out at any time.

Serve that crow up however you'd like for me...I'll eat it all.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Blastttoff
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

I believe in the defense, especially after making the schematic adjustments from Staley.

Comment

• Geezbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Sun Valley, ID
      • Send PM

I agree. They never quit on Staley and did guide them through some tough times. He deserves props.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I'll have a couple wings.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Boltx….change your fricken SAME OL CHARGERS to something about Brand New Chargers! Playoff bound and ready to battle it out.

Ive had faith in Staley from the get go. His leadership style and his XO ability make him a great potential coach. Frankly im on the coach of the year train right now…major adversity yet locked a playoff spot with 2 games to go. Major respect fir this young coach.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            I said a lot of negative things about Staley and the defense early on, but there's no other way to put this: he has probably been one of the major reasons we have been able to weather this storm of a season. Under his leadership, guys never quit, and here we are, a playoff team playing good defense getting healthy at the right time. (Yes I know Lombardi is a different story)

What kind of damage can this team do in the playoffs against elite competition? I don't know, to be honest. But I promise you we won't be an easy out and I'll take our chances with the way this defense is playing and a Herbert who could truly break out at any time.

Serve that crow up however you'd like for me...I'll eat it all.
            This defense is not good..... we have played the easiest schedule in NFL and many of our wins were against backup QB's and notn played as bad as foles did today.... he was aweful and their coaches stupidly chose to put the game on him instead of sticking with their strong running game against our horrible run defense......

That is not about great defense... we are still either the worst or bottom 2 or 3 vs the run.... THAT IS NEVER GOOD..... you can never be a good defense if you are worst or nearly worst at stopping the run.......

The Chargers have played the weakest schedule ive seen in my lifetime...... and alot of those bad teams are playing with 2nd or 3rd string QB's..... Chargers are playing with a top 3 QB...... we shoould be beating these bad teams like a drum..... yet we struggle to score 20 against really bad teams....

Only reason our defense does not give up 30 per game is because Staley designs the offense to burn up(waste) clock...... as much as possible on every possession whether we score or not..... and burning up more clock is why we almost never throw the ball into endzone when we have first and goal at the 10(which we do alot)...... 2 series in this game were in that situation and EVERY play was outside of endzone..... we settled for 2 FG's......instead of putting game way with TD's.....

milking the clock artificially makes defense look far better than it is.......Marty used same technique to keep himself employed..... most coaches do not get fired for losing close games just blowouts.....

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

We win a road game by 3 scores against a team that beat the Chiefs, secure a spot in the playoffs and still people want to be miserable. Sad.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Van Noy, Mack, Calahan and Fox are great acquisitions.
                It begin to shine.
                Imagine with Bosa !

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  We win a road game by 3 scores against a team that beat the Chiefs, secure a spot in the playoffs and still people want to be miserable. Sad.
                  I'm happy chargers (and a young Herbert) won't miss playoffs again.

Gotta credit stayley and that defense. 2nd half of the season has been very different - turnovers created every game. Great to see.

Need to see the offense improve drastically though. I hope stayley begs for a new oc if he has to.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Staley was advertised as a defensive genius. Took a while for the defense to start shining a bit, but it's been encouraging last few games. We're going into the playoffs with some momentum on that front.

Offense, not so much. Staley fired his special teams friend last offseason, I hope he has the balls to do what needs to be done if we don't see marked improvement next few weeks. Against playoff teams this isn't going to cut it. Especially in the 3rd quarter (*cough* halftime adjustments).

Still, I'm stoked. Hopeful that Lombo can pull his head out of his ass as we get Slater & Bosa back.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      Van Noy, Mack, Calahan and Fox are great acquisitions.
                      It begin to shine.
                      Imagine with Bosa !
                      Van Noy figured out his place in this defense. 3rd week in a row with a sack.

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

I'll eat some crow too because I said similar things about Staley. I just dont like his allegiance to lombo but he did get us to the playoffs so gotta give credit for that. If this defense continues their play we can get a playoff win.

Comment

Working...
                        X