Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Van Noy, Mack, Calahan and Fox are great acquisitions.
    Van Noy and Fox have turned out to be better than I was expecting and now I'm so glad they are on this team. I'm sure both of these guys coming to the Chargers was Staley's doing. Callahan I didn't know much about but he impressed me from the very beginning. Mack has been durable; the biggest worry about him was would he hold up? Troy Reeder has been a contributor too.

Originally posted by captaind View Post
    Staley was advertised as a defensive genius. Took a while for the defense to start shining a bit, but it's been encouraging last few games. We're going into the playoffs with some momentum on that front.
    It sure looks like the defense has turned that corner and become the unit we were expecting from Staley when he was hired as the Boy Wonder last season. It should be able to handle the Baker Mayfield Rams' offense and whatever offense the Broncos trot out in week 18. It won't get its first real test until week 1 of the playoffs.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Van Noy and Fox have turned out to be better than I was expecting and now I'm so glad they are on this team. I'm sure both of these guys coming to the Chargers was Staley's doing. Callahan I didn't know much about but he impressed me from the very beginning. Mack has been durable; the biggest worry about him was would he hold up? Troy Reeder has been a contributor too.

It sure looks like the defense has turned that corner and become the unit we were expecting from Staley when he was hired as the Boy Wonder last season. It should be able to handle the Baker Mayfield Rams' offense and whatever offense the Broncos trot out in week 18. It won't get its first real test until week 1 of the playoffs.
      Bosa returning will be a welcome boost to the D.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

No crow necessary......I was really down on this team after the Cleveland debacle. Yeah it was a win but only by the grace of a missed figgie that we gave them. That was my low point and it lasted for weeks. They are still a frustrating team to watch, especially when we don't throw the high point pass to Williams in the red zone (or Parham) and when we don't use our 6-6 QB on third and less than 1 yard because when we did it was money last night.

Lot's of things to fix for sure. Looking forward to see if Bosa and Slater rejoin the fold......it's a nice problem to have in getting back 2 Pro Bowlers. Slater can cure some ills on the O line and Bosa can make our D line as potent as San Fran's.

Good things ahead IMHO.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bosa returning will be a welcome boost to the D.
          Looking forward to that. Bosa and Mack off the edges; hope they both hold up for a deep run into the post-season.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

7 sacks
            3 INTs
            0-10 Third Down Conversion Attempts
            1-4 Fourth Down Conversion Attempts

Against the highest paid offensive line in the league.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

7 sacks
              3 INTs
              0-10 Third Down Conversion Attempts
              1-4 Fourth Down Conversion Attempts

Against the highest paid offensive line in the league.
              Look I'm as critical as anybody...and yes we beat a bad Indy team, but we abused Foles just like we should have.

Imagine if Foles had gone off on us instead. The meltdown would be epic.

I'm not saying our team is flawless. But sometimes you gotta put the pitchforks down and just say, good fucking job fellas. Playoff bound with this many injuries? Respect.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Look I'm as critical as anybody...and yes we beat a bad Indy team, but we abused Foles just like we should have.

I'm not saying our team is flawless. But sometimes you gotta put the pitchforks down and just say, good fucking job fellas. Playoff bound with this many injuries? Respect.
                Nick Foles was never going to go off last night as Foles only got snaps with the Indy practice squad WRs and had no reps with the starting WR corp until this past week. This is the first time Foles had run with the first unit.

But I'm in agreement with you, buddy, that the defense killed it last night and deserves major kudos.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They were bad when they beat the Chiefs and they are bad now.
                  perhaps Chiefs are more vulnerable than many think.

I'd love to see the Chargers play them in the post season. We always keep it close.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I've been critical of Stayley this season, but have been crediting him for the defensive turnaround lately. It is quite apparent - the Chargers have been creating a lot of turnovers in the 2nd half of the season. Something has changed for the better on the defensive side.

On the other hand, something has to change with the offense in a hurry or this team will go nowhere in the playoffs. I am glad we are in the playoffs either way.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I've been critical of Staley this season, but have been crediting him for the defensive turnaround lately. It is quite apparent - the Chargers have been creating a lot of turnovers in the 2nd half of the season. Something has changed for the better on the defensive side.

On the other hand, something has to change with the offense in a hurry or this team will go nowhere in the playoffs. I am glad we are in the playoffs either way.
                      Were you as shocked as I was to see that Josh Palmer is the leading receiver in yardage on the Chargers for the season? And that the defense went from the 30th ranked in points allowed in now fourth in the league, it points to a maturation of the club chemistry, as I see it.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Really we all just wish that Lombos offense would rise up like Staleys defense has as of late.Hopefully Slater comes back and gives Herb more time to do what he is great at.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          Really we all just wish that Lombos offense would rise up like Staleys defense has as of late.Hopefully Slater comes back and gives Herb more time to do what he is great at.
                          we can only hope lamebo's O rises up like Staley's D has in recent weeks. that would make for a formidable team to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                          X