• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Wow!

Sorry, that's all I have to say about this.
    It’s enough

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Lombardi is way up in the booth. He's not looking at the field, he's finding the next play to call. It was Staley and/or the coaches on the field who should've made the call on Everett, not Lombardi.
      Herbert was talking to and looking at Everret, threw the ball his direction They didn't get it right. KC was lucky.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Lombardi is way up in the booth. He's not looking at the field, he's finding the next play to call. It was Staley and/or the coaches on the field who should've made the call on Everett, not Lombardi.
        Agree. Its also not Lombo that should be counting to 11 either. He’s busy.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fortunately offensive rushing yards are less predictive to winning than it used to be. 4 of the top 7 rushing teams (total yards) are out of the playoffs. Teams are able to win and still gaining less rush yards than the past as well. Chiefs, Bengals, Vikings, Dolphins, Patriots, Chargers, Bucs … all #17 or below. The playoff qualifiers list much more closely correlates to top Passing Yards list.

On the defensive side, there is better correlation between best rush defense and playoff qualification, though there are still examples of teams good at rush defense not qualifying and bad rush defenses that do qualify. At glance it does look a bit more predictive. Chargers have moved up from near last to #26 - they would do well to continue that progress.

All that said, its always still better to be able to run and stop the run than not. Lombo/Herbie did do better getting the ball to mid-range routes last week as you noted, still room to continue to improve there too.
          Aren’t we like #1 D the last 4 weeks?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Jalen Ramsey heaps effusive praise on Derwin, and some on Staley. A little foreshadowing from him about wanting to play WITH Derwin rather than against him.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think they should just release Michel at this point. It should be Kelley and Spiller, with maybe Roundtree as emergency backup.
              Michel was the guy I assumed they’d cut, probably because he’s been inactive for so long….that and because he looked awful when he WAS active….he’s a back up running back that doesn’t catch the ball out of the backfield, doesn’t play on STs, and has been subpar running the ball….so why is he still on the roster? Is it just his playoff experience?

I think we’ll find out in the next few hours who they cut to make room for joey…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Michel was the guy I assumed they’d cut, probably because he’s been inactive for so long….that and because he looked awful when he WAS active….he’s a back up running back that doesn’t catch the ball out of the backfield, doesn’t play on STs, and has been subpar running the ball….so why is he still on the roster? Is it just his playoff experience?

I think we’ll find out in the next few hours who they cut to make room for joey…
                Never understood the Michel signing before the season. He is the type of player you sign after week 1
                So many other needs on the roster too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Jalen Ramsey heaps effusive praise on Derwin, and some on Staley. A little foreshadowing from him about wanting to play WITH Derwin rather than against him.
                  Dude is chill. Yeah, they are like brothers still, thats cool to hear. If we can’t afford Vato, there’s no way we could afford the best of best, which is what i t think he is and will be paid as.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Agree. Its also not Lombo that should be counting to 11 either. He’s busy.
                    If you’re school superintendent it’s not you’re responsibility to mop floors but you better have a janitor doing it.

When the Principal comes to your office and asks why the floors weren’t mopped you better not answer with, “not my job…go ask the janitor”.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Dude is chill. Yeah, they are like brothers still, thats cool to hear. If we can’t afford Vato, there’s no way we could afford the best of best, which is what i t think he is and will be paid as.
                      Vato > Ramsey

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

This game just scares the hell out of me. The Rams are a proud bunch that have not had the season they expected after getting their rings in September. I believe they feel they can hang their hats on beating the renters down the hall. Mayfield is looking to pad his resume for 2023 and has to be fired up to be dropped into the middle of this fight.

Brandon better beware and be wary too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

If you’re school superintendent it’s not you’re responsibility to mop floors but you better have a janitor doing it.

When the Principal comes to your office and asks why the floors weren’t mopped you better not answer with, “not my job…go ask the janitor”.
                          If one janitor forgets to mop one floor, do you march to the admin office and demand the superintendent be fired? Perspective is needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X