Rams at Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I didn't see much of him, but watching the game on a stream means there's no DVR to pause and rewind, so can be harder to tell about individual players.

He was credited with three tackles, two solo, so I shouldn't have said "invisible," but he didn't have the impact that he has had in recent games when he pulled himself out of mediocrity.
    LAR scored 10 pts, very meager offensive production overall. He didn’t pop out on the tape but I’d counter that nobody on defense had a bad game if the opponent scored 10. Whatever K9 didn’t do, he didn’t NOT do very much that they needed him to do. Sometimes the play is just not to you.

I had to leave after the Parham TD to get my son from San Clemente. By the time I turned off the theater and got my car radio on, the game was basically over - it was 4th Q, Rams had already turned possession back over to LAC and it was time for the Rountree clock rundown. Sounded like garbage time on both sides at that point, to be honest.

i haven’t even yet watched the final half of Q4 on DVR but as I was driving, I heard them call out Woods on a tackle. Made me smile, atta boy! … TT’s R3 pick, comes in and saves the game! How was his form, how’d he look? Is there the equivalent of a Manyweather winter camp for young safeties who need to eat more, lift more and learn to tackle NFL ball carriers?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I suppose. He looked a bit winded at times.
      Makes sense. Football conditioning is a level above. He did decently for his first time back. Look at his brother’s stats against the Raiders.

Nick Bosa, EDGE, 49ers. Bosa’s stat line in non-modern times: zero tackles, zero assists, zero sacks. Not much of a game, I guess. But one of the great things about modern NFL stats is how deep they can dig. Per Next Gen Stats, Bosa had seven pressures of quarterback Jarrett Stidham at Las Vegas Sunday. If you watched the game, you saw Bosa’s impact on it, particularly on the Raiders’ final offensive play of the game.​

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Makes sense. Football conditioning is a level above. He did decently for his first time back. Look at his brother’s stats against the Raiders.
        The Raiders roasted that vaunted SF d.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

64 offensive snaps to 49 defensive snaps. Bosa played half the game (24 snaps) as did Fehoko (25):

Edit: Updated with a list that includes special team snaps. Tuszka is the only player who played all 25 snaps. Next highest was three players who played 17 snaps. He must be the only player who plays on all the teams.
          Last edited by cmplxgal; 01-02-2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I laughed when that happened. Ramsey got separated from his jock strap!
            There is a rumor (I am starting) an AMBER ALERT has been issued for the missing jock strap.

Last seen holding a pair of Ramsey's nuts hostage until violently separated.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Ekeler

The HORROR !!!

:fart:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              10 - 3 - 14 - 17

11 points/game allowed last four games
              It should be noted that only the dolphins and titans had their normal starting QBs in that stretch and tannenill was playing hurt…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                64 offensive snaps to 49 defensive snaps. Bosa played half the game (24 snaps) as did Fehoko (25):

I wonder if Staley is trying to give Fehoko less snaps to keep him more fresh. Kid has played out of his mind but he’s had to do a lot more when Austin Johnson went down.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

We don't talk about Spiller much. He's an elephant in the room, to a degree. Virtually zero production from a 4th round draft pick that bigger things were expected from.
                  You can blame kelley for this, his ascendance (finally) to the potential that the FO saw in him back in 2020 draft basically made spiller a ‘redshirt’ for this year, spiller was the youngest player drafted in 2022 draft, he’s got a bright future and if we haven’t really needed him that much yet is not necessarily a reflection of what he’s capable of, it’s a good problem to have because it means we have good depth at the position, his day will come and he’s going to be a fun player for charger fans to watch going forward…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I wonder if Staley is trying to give Fehoko less snaps to keep him more fresh. Kid has played out of his mind but he’s had to do a lot more when Austin Johnson went down.
                    I think the plan was to rest folks and keep them sharp at the same time, it reminded me of the way the 3rd preseason games used to play out before the new formats took effect…

It’ll be interesting to see how much staley plays people next week…

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Feiler and Keenan had the key blocks that created the initial lane for Ek. Props to them.
                      Shout out to Keenan. He’s got great hands, is an incredible route runner but add that he willingly and effectively run blocks and you see the total package. That’s a team player

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

We don't talk about Spiller much. He's an elephant in the room, to a degree. Virtually zero production from a 4th round draft pick that bigger things were expected from.
                        Well, Kelly emerged this season. Not a bad thing. Spiller is a rookie,so im not worried about what he has done so far. Not sure we expected anything big. I didnt but thought he would be in more of Kelly's role but since he has come on, its all good. Both are 4th rounders and have room to improve.

Not sure why Rountree got the nod. Maybe he is on the verge of being released in the off season so they wanted to look at him in a game situtation. Who knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Ekeler is Sproles-like, in general. The whole leg strength combined with a low center of gravity dynamic. Superb balance and shiftiness.
                          Ekeler is much bigger and stronger than Sproles was. Sproles went down easy with arm tackles. He was only 185 lbs but he was dynamic and a good player in space.

Comment

Working...
                          X