Rams at Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

McDaniels and Stidham playing great today
    Jinxed him. ill advised pass up for grabs for an INT. Niners in FG range from the 5

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I hope bills finish strong. I will hate it if chiefs get a first round bye
      If the Bolts win their first playoff game, in all probability they’d play the #1 seed. Unlikely the 6th and 7th seeds win in these playoffs. I’d rather it be KC than travel to Buffalo in January.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Game over

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Why yes, sir, it is!
          Never guessed that. I guess the UT is officially done?

Don't tell cocasts about this place. He was a awful poster lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jinxed him. ill advised pass up for grabs for an INT. Niners in FG range from the 5
            You'll see it. N.Bosa bull rush resulted in Stidham's arm getting hit on follow through.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

The Bolts' run defense was once again suspect. They surrendered 132 yards to Cam Akers, and 23 yards on Malcolm Brown's only carry of the day.

However, here's Baker Mayfield's stat line: 11 of 19 for 132 yards, and ZERO touchdowns. You'd have to have a running game put up 250 yards and at least two TDs to win with those kind of numbers from your QB.

The Rams could manage just one TD all game long, and the Bolts defense managed to keep the Rams out of FG range most of the afternoon.

If the strategy was to prevent Mayfield from making big plays, it was a largely successful plan.

Offensively, it was clear that the Chargers were determined to run the ball in such a way that the Rams would be vulnerable to play action. That worked, too, with a huge assist from Mike Williams on 3 or 4 highlight reel catches. Mike looked like Randy Moss out there.

The game was still a close contest at the half. But after halftime, the Chargers progressively put the game away with time consuming possessions that led to points. Once the Rams were so far behind that they had to pass, it was over.

This game was not as lopsided as the 31-10 score makes it look, but if Ja'sir Taylor had executed that late game Pick 6 opportunity, it would have turned the game into a blowout.

A solid, albeit imperfect victory for the Bolts. There were coaching fingerprints all over this win.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I swear I saw #96...because I thought he looked gassed...not himself...but I only got to see about a dozen plays on redzone here in the midwest.
                If Fehoko played, he's not in the box score for tackles.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Well, that was fun!

that was the Charger team I’d been hoping to see all season. Ek and MW had elite games today. Defense continued to dominate. And we did it without Derwin again and with minimal contribution from Bosa.

Justin got to watch the last 10 minutes which was smart by Staley.

beautiful start to 2023. I’m floating now
                  I can't remember the last time that the Chargers had such control of a game that they made wholesale substitutions like they did today.

Who here thought Larry Rountree would get snaps spelling Joshua Kelley? Various O-linemen were taken out, as well, and Ekeler sat out nearly an entire quarter.

Great to see guys who'll be instrumental in any playoff success the Bolts have getting at least a bit of a respite today.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2021
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Don't tell cocasts about this place. He was a awful poster lol
                    I migrated from there myself. Joined in 2002. How time flies

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You'll see it. N.Bosa bull rush resulted in Stidham's arm getting hit on follow through.
                      yep...otherwise, Stidham played Purdy good....

Wasn't Stidham one of Beachcombers favs? Seems he never gave up on the guy, was always high on him...gotta admit, he looked poised.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Chargers social media is so awesome:

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Don't tell cocasts about this place. He was an awful poster lol
                          There are still about 10 posters left over at the UT. Northern Lightning, Toast, SD Ron, thekitchensink, Boltupright, Volpe, Chuck F and Coldbolt, among a few others.

Comment

Working...
                          X