• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Well his lack of adjustment to a top draftpic and sticking with his OC is major on my list of why he should go. That and he plays not to lose when he should play to win. He has kept his foot off the gass at wrong times to often.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Well his lack of adjustment to a top draftpic and sticking with his OC is major on my list of why he should go. That and he plays not to lose when he should play to win. He has kept his foot off the gass at wrong times to often.
      These are great points and cannot be blamed on injuries.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        These are great points and cannot be blamed on injuries.
        Eye rgreee
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          Richpjr was on topic and on point.

I think Buddy Nix was with the Spanoses in 2007 and 2008 - bad drafts, which I put on AJ Smith. Then Nix went on to the Pegulas and sucked ass, which, to me, means that Nix isn't good at building NFL teams.

Based on that, I'm thinking the brains behind those early AJ Smith drafts belonged to AJ Smith, not the guy who wasn't AJ Smith. And all the bad drafts that happened for AJ Smith - those were on AJ Smith too, not the Spanoses and not Nix.

The alleged bad sides of AJ Smith that weren't AJ Smith were all the shitty ways he dealt with the players who were already on the team. Those shitty ways belonged to the Spanoses - AJ was just the spokesperson.
          Nix view of the athletes from the south were better imo Nix was a Butler confidant for a reason.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Eye rgreee
            Isle hab wot hez havin
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Has Telesco truly hit on any draft picks? They've all been pretty meh except for Verrett, and I'm still skeptical he'll last longer than a couple more seasons.
              Verrett and Keenan Allen seem pretty good to me. Verrett's probably the best CB we've had in a long time. His health is a question mark but that's speculative at this point. Revis and Haden aren't much bigger.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                He's not leaving (yet), people just want him to because of the current season.
                If they move to LA, I hope he Reich and Pagano stay. Under those circumstances I'd only favor whacking McCoy is Norv could be lured back.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  If they move to LA, I hope he Reich and Pagano stay. Under those circumstances I'd only favor whacking McCoy is Norv could be lured back.
                  Bring back Henning.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                    He won with Tebow as his QB
                    Changes the whole system when Manning came in, and won with him

We just lack talent, and have been beset by injuries, especially on the O-line.
                    Does anyone feel similarly?
                    Here's the deal: Keim and Arians who Arizona hired just right after we hired McCoy and Telesco, received a contract extension after their second season TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME. re: cardinals are sure and satisfied with both their jobs that they BOTH received an extension. After only their second season.

Before the start of McCoy and Telesco's THIRD season, ONLY Telesco has received a contract extension. Chargers have not made any decision to extend MCCoys contract and there is only one game left this season.

Answer this question: if McCoy is as good as you think he is, why hasn't his contract been extended? You can't use the excuse that he hasn't been extended because of the stadium uncertainty because the Chargers were already certain that Telesco will be here regardless if they move or not the next few years.

If the Chargers have doubts about McCoy and wanted to see how his third season played out before offering him an extension, what have you seen from him THIS season that he has done differently or improved upon to remove those doubts?

Another thing to keep in mind, of all the head coaches hired in 2013 same as McCoy, only Arians already has a contract extension, Reid has a 5 year contract (compared to 4 for McCoy) and considering the job he has done it's not unlikely for him to get extended sooner rather than later. The Jags owner has already announced that Bradley will be returning next year, everybody else from the 2013 batch of coaches has been fired.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      Telesco's bests compare nowhere near beathards or ajs bests, and his mediocre/ worst moves are equally as bad. But somehow those two older guys are the most reviled gms in team history, and the guy with barely any accomplishment is some kind of godsend ( well, until the team went on a losing streak and how rapidly people jumped off his nuts)
                      1. Beathard did a really good job for awhile, then for some weird reason decided to go surfing instead (Ryan Leaf anyone).

2. AJ Smith let his ego get in the way, blew out a fairly competent coach, then blew out the team releasing good players left and right.

That is where the hates comes from those two.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Has Telesco truly hit on any draft picks? They've all been pretty meh except for Verrett, and I'm still skeptical he'll last longer than a couple more seasons.
                        He has some promising talent picked up. Verrett like you mentioned and Attaochu, Perryman, Allen, Te'o, Philon and Emmanuel.

Not all are great players or superstars but with better coaching can be a very good squad together. Obviously hitting on more in the 2016 draft is critical if we want to make a quick turn around as franchise.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Big Bear
                          • Self-employed property manager.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          No matter how much people want to pimp the Spani offspring the truth is they would and never will get these positions in any other NFL organization.....hell they even fucked up the uniforms, couldn't even get that right. Thanks AG
                          Amen! Fuck A.G. Spanos. He got a head start in my hatred of the Spanos dipshits due to his uniform fuckup. Do you know that the bolts are upside down on the arms because someone in whatever sweatshop fucked them up, and A.G./whoever the fuck liked them better? Our current unis are the result of a fuckup!, how appropriate is that for this ownership?

Comment

Working...
                          X