• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomdutchy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Too late .... Frankenstein Staley already is already being lynched by media and fans

image.png
    The HORROR
    Stay on topic or your post will get deleted.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Just remembered it's Friday the 13th.

Figures.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• perryao
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Before this news he had an interesting quote about MW that bolsters your point. He said, "rest is better than reps" at this point of the season.
        As it relates to practice, not games. I understand Staley's reasoning for playing the starters... for a half, at most.

Comment

• perryao
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Good grief, the gnashing of teeth on this board is pathetic. Let's play the game, eh?

Sean Payton is NOT coming to the Chargers. It simply isn't going to happen. The Spanos' can't afford him. Not even close. Put that hope to bed.

Comment

• Matt Anderson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Just found out Mike Williams will not be making the trip to Jacksonville because of his back injury. I'm sorry but I think Staley is the worst coach this team has ever had acting like it's all about him when it's about the team and the fans. His decisions are piss poor and it looks like his decisionto keep all the starters in most of the game last week is going to cost us another deep run in the playoffs. If I was Spanos I would fire him NOW.

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Just remembered it's Friday the 13th.

Figures.
              Chargering does not have date.

Comment

• perryao
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Btw, doomsayers, the prognosis is he will miss two to three weeks. If it's two, he's back next week. If it's 3, he's back for the AFCCG. If they advance of course. Sure, the road just got rockier, but, dang, there's still hope.

Comment

• SK21209
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2020
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  I do not understand where all this Payton wishful thinking is coming from.

He is not coming here.
                  Idk, maybe from the fact that he is very clearly leaking to the media that he wants to come here?

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    And while he sort of seemed triggered by the question...i personally think he was pissed at himself.
                    I concur. He was defensive when asked about it and I felt too like he was beating himself up internally over the decision.

He cited the 48 player rule for being forced to play starters, including Mike Williams.Staley was in a tough position when it came time to announce inactives for the game, which I believe is 90 min before kickoff, correct? I think the Bengals did lead the Ravens 24 or 27 to 10 at the 90-min deadline and it looked like the Bengals were going to coast to a win playing a Ravens team QB'd by a third-string QB. But you can never be sure in the NFL, and Staley couldn't be 100 percent sure how committed Zac Taylor was going to be to win, because Taylor's only incentive was a coin toss.

So I think Staley made the decision to treat the Bronco game like a regular game and make all his starters active and go with his usual inactives. I was a bit surprised when I saw the inactive list, with Stick, Spiller and Bandy inactive. I was kind of expecting to see Herbert inactive along with Mike Will and Keenan A, with Stick, Spiller and Bandy being given substantial playing time.

At game time, when the Ravens had been defeated and the Chargers' clinching the No. 5 seed, was Staley locked in to playing starters due to his third stringers being inactive? Or did he charge ahead unflinchingly with his starters in the game because he truly felt he needed to keep the momentum going? It seemed obvious to me that the starters did relax a little because nothing was on the line. Ekeler alluded to it somewhat after the game, and he himself had a fumble in the game.

So I guess the question, after I've rambled above, would Staley make different decisions in regards to playing starters if he had a do-over? I think the answer is "yes."

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
                      Btw, doomsayers, the prognosis is he will miss two to three weeks. If it's two, he's back next week. If it's 3, he's back for the AFCCG. If they advance of course. Sure, the road just got rockier, but, dang, there's still hope.

I thought about that, but I assume the 2-3 weeks starts now, not retroactively to the injury. We will see, if the Chargers advance.

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I thought about that, but I assume the 2-3 weeks starts now, not retroactively to the injury. We will see, if the Chargers advance.
                        That was my understanding too, Schefter mention in his tweet that he's out unless they make it to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                          Please give me Sean Payton. I wanted to make the change before this whole MW fiasco and I don't even think Staley is a bad coach, but Payton is a better coach. If you think Sean Payton is a better coach than Brandon Staley, you should want the team to explore the possibility.
                          Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                          I do not understand where all this Payton wishful thinking is coming from.

He is not coming here.
                          I concur with FoutsFan here. I'm not sold on the fact Payton would be a huge upgrade over Staley. I don't believe the Spanoses would pay him what he wants. And I sure as hell don't want to send first round draft picks to NO for Payton.

If there is going to be a coaching change, I'd rather go with a guy like Shane Steichen, who's currently active in the NFL and has a track record as a QB guru.

Comment

Working...
                          X