How come Spanos is such a big issue this season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    Who knows what the NFL will be like in 30 years though.

They might never get that chance.
    "Rollerball"

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      So, The OIP narrative goes even deeper than the Spani narrative. OIP decades and Spani just a mere 14 years.

There was a time where I might have agreed with you, but then I grew up and realized that billionaires were holding often broke and run down cities hostage so they can get richer...

Hey OIP, why doesn't NFL corporate build each of its franchises a stadium? I mean they're necessary and apparently a good investment right? I mean they must be profitable right?
      Really? You attended games at the Murph and in 1995 and thought it was a great place?

The only stadium I have been in that was worse was the LA Coliseum
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        For me i dont think the Spanos' truly ever wanted a new stadium without some guarantee another team couldnt move to LA. Its was just a ploy. If they built a new stadium in SD and another team moved to LA in the Spanos minds they would be screwed. Dean said just a couple days ago that they want to move to LA to make sure the 30% of their business that is in the LA area(Orange Co etc) dosnt get lost to another team. Sounds to me like hes been afraid of being locked into SD for a long time. The only way to keep LA open is to keep kicking the can down the road until the LA thing started getting traction. He never wanted to stay put in SD as long as the threat of teams going to LA were a possibility. He just has tried to make it look like SD didnt want the team.

I think his thinking is that he will chase the 30% in LA and somehow retain the 70% in SD. Or that the attrition from the SD fan base will be made up in LA. I just dont think LA will ever adopt the Chargers. Everyone i know in that area hates them.

I was always sort of shocked that the Spanos' couldnt at least show some love to its players by giving them a great locker room in that shitty stadium. So you lose some money if you move or get a new stadium. Who cares show your players they are first class. Invest some money in their own locker room. This is comedy this day and age. I think theres a serious lack of respect from the players to the owners. Its just not something we have heard about every year.

Spanos has and always be about the bottom line.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

bump
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Really? You attended games at the Murph and in 1995 and thought it was a great place?
            Oip and I just agreed. The Chargers in SD are doomed.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think 90% of the board agrees with you and oip! KUM-BAI-YAH!
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

A happy ending! Jags win!!!!!11111one111!!!!

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

And no one would be bitching about the stadium if there were a Super Bowl Championship flag (or two) flying in the rafters.

Comment

Working...
                  X