• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jox g
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF. SO CLOSE with the right coaches/formula. Oh and this guy won't cost us 1st round picks in 23 and '24 like SP would. Win "cheaper."

First, give Staley some credit. He elevated the team from Cowardly thinking and WANTING success (McCoy, Lynn, some Norv) to Courageous thinking, success & winning! Just need to learn how to handle SUCCESS (Ie being up 27 etc....)

Harbaugh's won everywhere he's been. Google him. High win percentage. No nonsense. Just and win in dominant fashion.
    This is 2011 roster https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/123/SF (check out each year he coached)
    3 Starting OL are 1st round picks! The TE too.
    RB: Gore
    WR's Tedd Ginn from a trade and a late rounder.
    In later seasons, Crabtree would be #1, and old Randy Moss....
    QB: Alex Smith, Kaepernick

For now let's look at his 2011 OFFENSE and compare it to our current OFFENSE:
    RUN OFFENSE ranked 8,4,3,4 from 2011 to 2014, and RUN DEFENSE 1,4,4,7 in the same years.
    Think he can win with a similar formula? Our lack of Run Game and D vs run killed us vs Jax. A Harbaugh coached team playing in Winter time won't allow that to happen, especially w/ 3 1st rounder OLmen he could use at his disposal. Comparing both OL's: Advantage Niners. However, if we draft OL in round #1, I call this even with Linsely still on the team.

So far, we have 2 OL drafted in the 1st round. Need ONE more this year. Preferably 2 1st round OT's like he had.
    RB: Do you think our two RB's combined compare to a prime Gore? He was tough! Even?
    WR: Our WR's are better?! (Honestly, we could trade oft injured MW and get a #2. If you look up the remaining seasons he coached on the ourlads depth chart above, there are no other high draft pick WR's needed for him to win his way. Advantage Chargers.
    TE: They had a 1st rounder. Advantage 2011 Niners.
    QB: Do you think our QB is better than Kaepernick. LOL! Bolts

BOLTS OFFENSE IS CURRENTLY BETTER.

2011 DEFENSE compared to our current DEFENSE:
    His 3-4 defense in 2011 DL consisted of a 3rd and 4th (strongman Sopoaga) rounder along with a FREE AGENT signing. We have SJD, Austin Johnson, (Re-sign Fox). Get a #2 for Bosa in 2023. We have strongman Fehoko or Merril, and Ottito. Who's line is better? Could be even with the right coaching. But will give it to Niners due to coaching.
    Harbaughs high draft picks were #1 LB Aldon Smith who did and #1 Patrick Willis (We have Kenneth Murray #1). Re - sign Tranquil. Sick Van Noy in the middle (former round 2 pick). Draft a LB#2. Advantage 2011 Niners.
    His DBS: UFA and a 5th rounder, UFA and a 4th rounder. Compare what we have. Vato and Asante are studs. Derwin and Alohi are better than what they had that year. Advantage Bolts.
    SF DEFENSE IS CURRENTLY BETTER.

Money saved from trading oft injured players go to to UFA and re-singing guys like Callahan, Tranq, Pip etc....Restructure Keenan. Cut Fieler, NAS.

His OC from Stanford: David Shaw who happens to be available now. During SF tenure, it was Greg Roman
    His DC: VIC FANGIO!
    Pattern: He likes Cali. (SD Stanford, SF). One stop at alma matter.

Caveat: Keep ST Coach Ficken, Ryan Day QB coach, Jay Rogers DL. Our current LB coach played for JH from 2011-2014 fyi. Maybe retain?

Makes sense to me...what do you think? Plus his initials match our Quarterback's
    Last edited by jox g; 01-15-2023, 11:03 PM.
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
    WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF. SO CLOSE with the right coaches/formula. Oh and this guy won't cost us 1st round picks in 23 and '24 like SP would. Win "cheaper."

First, give Staley some credit. He elevated the team from Cowardly thinking and WANTING success (McCoy, Lynn, some Norv) to Courageous thinking, success & winning! Just need to learn how to handle SUCCESS (Ie being up 27 etc....)

Harbaugh's won everywhere he's been. Google him. High win percentage. No nonsense. Just and win in dominant fashion.
    This is 2011 roster https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/123/SF (check out each year he coached)
    3 Starting OL are 1st round picks! The TE too.
    RB: Gore
    WR's Tedd Ginn from a trade and a late rounder.
    In later seasons, Crabtree would be #1, and old Randy Moss....
    QB: Alex Smith, Kaepernick

For now let's look at his 2011 OFFENSE and compare it to our current OFFENSE:
    RUN OFFENSE ranked 8,4,3,4 from 2011 to 2014, and RUN DEFENSE 1,4,4,7 in the same years.
    Think he can win with a similar formula? Our lack of Run Game and D vs run killed us vs Jax. A Harbaugh coached team playing in Winter time won't allow that to happen, especially w/ 3 1st rounder OLmen he could use at his disposal. Comparing both OL's: Advantage Niners. However, if we draft OL in round #1, I call this even with Linsely still on the team.

So far, we have 2 OL drafted in the 1st round. Need ONE more this year. Preferably 2 1st round OT's like he had.
    RB: Do you think our two RB's combined compare to a prime Gore? He was tough! Even?
    WR: Our WR's are better?! (Honestly, we could trade oft injured MW and get a #2. If you look up the remaining seasons he coached on the ourlads depth chart above, there are no other high draft pick WR's needed for him to win his way. Advantage Chargers.
    TE: They had a 1st rounder. Advantage 2011 Niners.
    QB: Do you think our QB is better than Kaepernick. LOL! Bolts

BOLTS OFFENSE IS CURRENTLY BETTER.

2011 DEFENSE compared to our current DEFENSE:
    His 3-4 defense in 2011 DL consisted of a 3rd and 4th (strongman Sopoaga) rounder along with a FREE AGENT signing. We have SJD, Austin Johnson, (Re-sign Fox). Get a #2 for Bosa in 2023. We have strongman Fehoko or Merril, and Ottito. Who's line is better? Could be even with the right coaching. But will give it to Niners due to coaching.
    Harbaughs high draft picks were #1 LB Aldon Smith who did and #1 Patrick Willis (We have Kenneth Murray #1). Re - sign Tranquil. Sick Van Noy in the middle (former round 2 pick). Draft a LB#2. Advantage 2011 Niners.
    His DBS: UFA and a 5th rounder, UFA and a 4th rounder. Compare what we have. Vato and Asante are studs. Derwin and Alohi are better than what they had that year. Advantage Bolts.
    SF DEFENSE IS CURRENTLY BETTER.

Money saved from trading oft injured players go to to UFA and re-singing guys like Callahan, Tranq, Pip etc....Restructure Keenan. Cut Fieler, NAS.

His OC from Stanford: David Shaw who happens to be available now. During SF tenure, it was Greg Roman
    His DC: VIC FANGIO!
    Pattern: He likes Cali. (SD Stanford, SF). One stop at alma matter.

Caveat: Keep ST Coach Ficken, Ryan Day QB coach, Jay Rogers DL. Our current LB coach played for JH from 2011-2014 fyi. Maybe retain?

Makes sense to me...what do you think? Plus his initials match our Quarterback's
    The bold puts it over the top.
    JH4JH
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Screenshot_20230115-221308_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Pretty much everything you need to know about these two franchises, right here.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Pretty much everything you need to know about these two franchises, right here.
          Ha. They Spelled "Chefs" wrong (so did I)

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Ha. They Spelled "Chefs" wrong (so did I)
            Understatement: We need new ownership! It's possible because we've had 3 now (Hilton, Kleins, Spanoses.) Bound to be a change!

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

I WOULD BUY SEASONS TICKETS FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS IF THE CHARGERS HIRED JIM HARBAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Changed the title, generalizing for speculation on a possible coach.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                  I WOULD BUY SEASONS TICKETS FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS IF THE CHARGERS HIRED JIM HARBAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  He would be ahead of Payton on my list - but neither will happen

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I would take Payton first. He is the elite offensive coaching mind at least as good as Andy Reid.

I would still be stoked for Jim though
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Harbaugh looks like a taskmaster to me. And that’s not a bad thing. Demand excellence. But I still prefer Payton.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        They’ve earned it and ours haven’t. Realistically, they should be making 5x or 10x what our HC and GM make.

There’s a cap in players so basically there’s no advantage any other team has.

The advantage you can BUY comes from coaching. The more playoffs the more gear and season tickets you sell as well as driving up the worth of your franchise if you ever want to sell it.

The goddam stupid Spanos clan has never figured this out and always goes cheap on coaching. The record speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X