• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    Keeping Staley I can tolerate, just not with Lombo. No more OC retard with his leaflet sized aybook.
    No.
    Look at him during 2nd half at Jax. Totally lost, scared, not able to take over, not able to spark team.
    Just being there and waiting for spank amd unable to do anything with it.

He has not got it to be a HC as in such critical moments you can see who is who.
    Will he has it one day? I do not know but hope we will not be waiting another 5 years to find it out.

You could see blood being cut off from brain during reg season games when few decisions have been made (for example playing injuried Herbert in blowout....).

Lacks cold blood, lacks experience and lacks qualities of good HC.

- allowing players to do what they want - "Justin wanted to play", "Mike wanted to play".
    - not being able to evolve, stick to same schemes (if we really have been playing better defence without Bosa and Derwin why not stick to this scheme?)
    - for 2 years not being able to stop run (even after bringing players he wanted) this been not enough for defensive guru, I seriously start to think that the most dominant DT of 21st century - Aaron Donald made him.
    - melting under pressure (Jax game),
    - Not being able to force changes within his own staff, there should be changes implemented during season to offence - if he has not seen need or urgency to force those he is blind.
    - not been able to answer or request for obvious team needs - how many receivers we had at the end of Jax game?
    - continously beeing outcoached by proper NFL personel - in game adjustments? Wooooot are adjustments sir.
    - can we say that any player has progressed with Staley?
    Bosa and Derwin - ppl here want to trade cut so I think with BS they play worse.
    Herbert - IMHO a total misuse of a player but again no change to offence so BS has to be ok with it.
    Ekeler - he just keep same high lvl of production from before Staley however no rushing is better he is pass - catching back.

Is there a player who fluorished under Staley? Murray not really - highs and lows.
    Mike Davies he played well before Staley as he has earn his contract then, again it took injuries to starters and 2 years for defensive guru to bring him back to previous level.
    Tackling has always been an issue with Chargers he has not solved it.
    Maybe Tranquil is a better player now.
    - yes man and sucked into Spanos world (game ball to Dean? Seriously?)

At this moment after 2 years the only credit I can give to Staley is for bringing ST guy, Ficken has sorted so many ongoing issues for us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

No.
      Look at him during 2nd half at Jax. Totally lost, scared, not able to take over, not able to spark team.

He has not got it to be a HC as in such critical moments you can see who is who.
      Will he has it one day? I do not know but hope we will not be waiting another 5 years to find it out.

You could see blood being cut off from brain during reg season games when few decisions have been made (for example playing injuried Herbert in blowout....).

- allowing players to do what they want - "Justin wanted to play", "Mike wanted to play".
      - not being able to evolve, stick to same schemes (if we really have been playing better defence without Bosa and Derwin why not stick to this scheme?)
      - for 2 years not being able to stop run (even after bringing players he wanted) this been not enough for defensive guru, I seriously start to think that the most dominant DT of 21st century - Aaron Donald made him.
      - Not being able to force changes within his own staff, there should be changes implemented during season to offence - if he has not seen need or urgency to force those he is blind.
      - not been able to answer or request for obvious team needs - how many receivers we had at the end of Jax game?
      - continously beeing outcoached by proper NFL personel - in game adjustments? Wooooot are adjustments sir.
      Bosa and Derwin - ppl here want to trade cut so I think with BS they play worse.
      Herbert - IMHO a total misuse of a player but again no change to offence so BS has to be ok with it.
      Ekeler - he just keep same high lvl of production from before Staley however no rushing is better he is pass - catching back.

Is there a player who fluorished under Staley? Murray not really - highs and lows.
      Mike Davies he played well before Staley as he has earn his contract then, again it took injuries to starters and 2 years for defensive guru to bring him back to previous level.

At this moment after 2 years the only credit I can give to Staley is for bringing ST guy, Ficken has sorted so many ongoing issues for us.
      Disagree with a lot here.

I'm sure Baltimore would be happy if Lamar wanted to play in their playoff game. I'm reading they think he is soft.

Keenan hasn't regressed, that's pure BS. Dude balled out when he came back from injury. He missed half the season and had 66 receptions.

I'm not going to address every player you mentioned but I disagree. All three of Herbert, Bosa and Keenan were injured and that seems to be lost on posters.

Staley is green is the only problem which is what you get from hiring a cheap inexperienced HC. That's on Dean but I think in time Staley will be a good HC in this league.

We are just the ones that have to deal with the growing pains.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

No.

My statement was on the accepting of the reality that we are not getting Harbaugh or Payton. That being said the Spani are not going to change the coach 2 years into their deal, that is just a non starter, to think otherwise is to deny reality.

Then even if they did change coaches with no proven coach being hired we will get another cheap, never been coach before coach and we would end up in a worse position. Its a lose, lose situation but it is the reality of where we are.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Stick a fork in this topic. Harbaugh is staying at Michigan.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Son of a bitch! Harbaugh dropped out from the NFL HC discussions because he wanted this job, and it wasn't available according to Florio and Simms.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Son of a bitch! Harbaugh dropped out from the NFL HC discussions because he wanted this job, and it wasn't available according to Florio and Simms.
              Well, then he only has to wait another year and the job is his. Too bad we can't fast forward past the 2023 season, already shaping up to be a waste, and start planning for something new and exciting (instead of the lipstick on a pig 'solution' we're getting).

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

My statement was on the accepting of the reality that we are not getting Harbaugh or Payton. That being said the Spani are not going to change the coach 2 years into their deal, that is just a non starter, to think otherwise is to deny reality.

Then even if they did change coaches with no proven coach being hired we will get another cheap, never been coach before coach and we would end up in a worse position. Its a lose, lose situation but it is the reality of where we are.
                So in all honesty with how you have stated the Spanos' modus operandi in coaching and staff hiring do you see us ever winning a Superbowl let alone going to one?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Well, then he only has to wait another year and the job is his. Too bad we can't fast forward past the 2023 season, already shaping up to be a waste, and start planning for something new and exciting (instead of the lipstick on a pig 'solution' we're getting).
                  Would be awesome and I'd take either of them right now,... but I still don't think Dean wants to pay out big money for a HC so it don't matter if Harbaugh or Payton wanted this job if he won't hire them.

Payton wants to be the GM too. Heard on the radio today that he was disappointed that AZ hired a GM before they interviewed him .

Dean will never hire Payton if that as what he wants.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Disagree with a lot here.

I'm sure Baltimore would be happy if Lamar wanted to play in their playoff game. I'm reading they think he is soft.

Keenan hasn't regressed, that's pure BS. Dude balled out when he came back from injury. He missed half the season and had 66 receptions.

I'm not going to address every player you mentioned but I disagree. All three of Herbert, Bosa and Keenan were injured and that seems to be lost on posters.

Staley is green is the only problem which is what you get from hiring a cheap inexperienced HC. That's on Dean but I think in time Staley will be a good HC in this league.

We are just the ones that have to deal with the growing pains.
                    Ultimately this. Bottom line.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Would be awesome and I'd take either of them right now,... but I still don't think Dean wants to pay out big money for a HC so it don't matter if Harbaugh or Payton wanted this job if he won't hire them.

Payton wants to be the GM too. Heard on the radio today that he was disappointed that AZ hired a GM before they interviewed him .

Dean will never hire Payton if that as what he wants.
                      So they will not cough up their own money to truly honestly be a winning team.First round bitch smack by the Jags is good enough for them.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Reminds me of when Daboll suddenly decided to stay with Bills for 1 more year when we decided to hire staley.
                        same week Daboll was preparing for AFCC
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I was thinking that a few hours after he said he was returning to Michigan. It makes sense, considering he took himself out of the running for NFL jobs as soon as it became clear that Staley was going to remain the Chargers' head coach.

This is beyond ridiculous. Harbaugh would be perfect for this team.

Comment

Working...
                          X