• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont want either. Two draft classes with good depth.
    I do first round TE's don't usually pan out and I would take Bijan at 21 if he's on the board like some pundits think he may be, this could allow us to address RT and RB and WR, or maybe the top Safety in the draft in the first three rounds as opposed to Pass rusher, LB and TE. Schultz is tried and proven in Moore's offense and with Herbert passing to him makes him better over the Cowboys qb passing to him. Staley loves Floyd and he plays well in our D. Just because KC was able to do what they did with 10 rookies means nothing. The culture & coaching there is incredible we don't even know yet if last season's draft here was good. Our late round Olineman pick so far looks like the best pick which really isn't a good sign.
    Last edited by electricgold; 03-11-2023, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      I dont think Feiler is going anywhere because his numbers don't change if cut now or later. So that make me think they want him as starting LG again. I suspect they let Pipkins walk. And the plan is for Salyer to start at RT.

Hopkins is a cut later because it saves more money to do that.

And JC is a cut later to save for next year's cap At his age with that type of injury he probably lost a step and is on the downside of his career now. Sucks as I think he was starting to play well and get into football shape just before the kneecap busted.

The draft target for Stalesco is Bijan, and they will have no issue trading up to get him.

The 2023 starting OL is Slater,Feiler,Linsley,Johnson,Salyer Depth at OL is an issue, but it's an issue for all 32 teams.
      It's just to difficult to have starting caliber players backing up everyone.
      This could easily be the plan, certainly the extra cap space from cutting fieler is not really needed anymore, unless they are going to be aggressive in FA, I don’t anticipate that they’d need to cut him anymore…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

I dont think Feiler is going anywhere because his numbers don't change if cut now or later. So that make me think they want him as starting LG again. I suspect they let Pipkins walk. And the plan is for Salyer to start at RT.

And JC is a cut later to save for next year's cap At his age with that type of injury he probably lost a step and is on the downside of his career now. Sucks as I think he was starting to play well and get into football shape just before the kneecap busted.

The draft target for Stalesco is Bijan, and they will have no issue trading up to get him.

The 2023 starting OL is Slater,Feiler,Linsley,Johnson,Salyer Depth at OL is an issue, but it's an issue for all 32 teams.
        Dumb and Dumber...giving up another 2nd rounder for just a good RB is fairly dumb here because these guys have weird fantasies that rarely pan out. We could have had superior Rbs in last years draft at the top of the second round. Stick to our 21st pick and if both Bijan and Gibbs is off the board then draft a RB somewhere else.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Dumb and Dumber...giving up another 2nd rounder for just a good RB is fairly dumb here because these guys have weird fantasies that rarely pan out. We could have had superior Rbs in last years draft at the top of the second round. Stick to our 21st pick and if both Bijan and Gibbs is off the board then draft a RB somewhere else.
          I wouldn’t like it either but this FO loves to trade up…so what critty said, while I don’t want to see it happen, it wouldn’t surprise me either…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I wouldn’t like it either but this FO loves to trade up…so what critty said, while I don’t want to see it happen, it wouldn’t surprise me either…
            And we wonder why we don't have depth? Get one good player per draft and then phuck up picks 3 and 4...We lucked out with salyer pick....

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Nice to see the restructures. Not sure how much misery we are putting off for short term relief, but I guess that's the name of the salary cap game.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I suppose that as good a plan as any but i dont want to trade away picks. Id cut Fieler though. I guess it wouldnt surprise me if they targeted Washington and then cut Everett. But i doubt it.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

And we wonder why we don't have depth? Get one good player per draft and then phuck up picks 3 and 4...We lucked out with salyer pick....
                  You’re right, but what can we do? It’s the Johnny spanos shit show, TT is just a phucking puppet…

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I suppose that as good a plan as any but i dont want to trade away picks. Id cut Fieler though. I guess it wouldnt surprise me if they targeted Washington and then cut Everett. But i doubt it.
                    I'd rather have this and then move up to grabb Gibbs if he's still on the board...Washington + Gibbs is a playmakers wet dream come true...

Then if Gibbs is off the board then draft 2 RBS anywhere throughout the draft that we like...

Washington + 2 RBs is still better than trading up...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Nice to see the restructures. Not sure how much misery we are putting off for short term relief, but I guess that's the name of the salary cap game.
                      My hope is that the FO has had some ‘grown ass man’ conversations with KA and Mack about what is going to happen in the 2024 offseason, neither of them can be back for 2024 season, especially with the herbert extension coming due…and I don’t think for a second that herbert wasn’t involved with these decisions this year, he wants a shot at the superbowl in 2023 so he probably didn’t want to see the team taken apart in lieu of an early extension…

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X