• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

That’s weird, OTC still has him listed as an unrestricted free agent…he must’ve signed a one year deal ahead of FA and they haven’t updated the we site? I don’t keep up with cowboy news…
    This site has him as a free agent as well.
    They're chasing theif first title in 27 years -- but what about the offseason? Check out the full list of 2023 Dallas Cowboys free agents.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

And just so everyone understands what Keenan is worth to this offense...
      He only played 8 full games this year. Post-injury, he averaged 7.5 catches per game and averaged 85 yards per game.
      Extrapolated out: That's 127 receptions and 1445 yards over a 17-game season. Add in 8 TD's.
      I don't want to hear about Keenan slowing down... he's not. An injury is an injury. It can happen to anyone... any time. Shit, look at Kadarius Toney... look at Kyle Pitts...

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

I don’t see them moving Bosa. If they can restructure Allen and Bosa, then nice. I’m also not going to pay Pipkins. I would rather get a top grade tackle or guard in the first round. It took Pip 4 years to be serviceable. Getting a more athletic lineman is where or I hope they go.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
          I don’t see them moving Bosa. If they can restructure Allen and Bosa, then nice. I’m also not going to pay Pipkins. I would rather get a top grade tackle or guard in the first round. It took Pip 4 years to be serviceable. Getting a more athletic lineman is where or I hope they go.
          I agree with everything... wondering if they re-structure MW instead of Keenan, tho.
          The structure of the contracts seem to indicate that they think Mike is the longer keeper.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And every single one of those guys had to go through free agency. None of them were given a contract pre-March 31st.
            Callahan was coming off injury... or maybe I should say injuries... we took a risk many other teams weren't willing to make. And luckily it paid off.

Now if Pipkins... and Fox... and Callahan... and Tranquill... and Adderly... all slip through FA. If they all re-sign for peanuts (post-draft)... then sign me up!
            They likely will try FAcy to see what they are worth out there.

Tranquill wants to stay so mayne his agent says he can get 500k more elsewhere.....then he says just take the Chargers offer.

IDK, I just don't expect any of those names to get big bucks. Adderley I don't think they will keep regardless. Alohi was playing more than Adderley and Woods hopefully is better next year.
            Webb can win a spot on the roster if he can just stay healthy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They likely will try FAcy to see what they are worth out there.

Tranquill wants to stay so mayne his agent says he can get 500k more elsewhere.....then he says just take the Chargers offer.

IDK, I just don't expect any of those names to get big bucks. Adderley I don't think they will keep regardless. Alohi was playing more than Adderley and Woods hopefully is better next year.
              Webb can win a spot on the roster if he can just stay healthy.
              Adderly. ASJ. Woods.
              We need tacklers.
              And people who can help us match up better.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

It might be remembered that Salyer's arms are longer than Joe Thomas'.

Chandler Jones has ridiculously long arms and is streaky.

I have no doubt that Kellen Moore can scheme up, especially with bookend "Slater on an island" back in business.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And every single one of those guys had to go through free agency. None of them were given a contract pre-March 31st.
                  Callahan was coming off injury... or maybe I should say injuries... we took a risk many other teams weren't willing to make. And luckily it paid off.

Now if Pipkins... and Fox... and Callahan... and Tranquill... and Adderly... all slip through FA. If they all re-sign for peanuts (post-draft)... then sign me up!
                  one of the best things I’ve seen the chargers do in an offseason in a long time (maybe staley is the guy behind it) were those post draft FA ‘bargain basement’ signings…those were a really nice touch last year…it might be different veterans this year but depending on how the offseason plays out cap wise, but there may be a repeat of low price signings again this offseason, it might be all they do in FA this year but that’s okay, they did a fantastic job adding value last year, it might only be 1-2 guys this year but there will be fewer needs too…

maybe an aboushi return or someone like that to provide legitimate depth on o-line in lieu of a guy like jaimes…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

QB Herbert * would love to sign the likes of a Minshew or Stidham, albeit don’t think that happens and not sure who our guy will be, albeit am fairly certain it will not be the either of Daniels nor Stick.

RB * Ekeler, Kelley, Spiller, Horvath * No. 1 FA priority by my take is D’Ernest Johnson. He backed up Chubb and Kareem, and he can spell Austin as need be. Kelley is a def for me, but unlike others here, am not counting on Spiller to make the 53, as think it wise to draft yet another RB this go ‘round, someone like Chris Rodriguez Jr. or a Camerun Peoples. am also keen to extend Ek thru 2025.

WR Keenan, MW, Palmer, Guyton, Deandre Carter * first order of biz would be to extend Keenan thru 2025 as well, to make more room under the cap for this next season. Am also keen to get out from under MW’s contract, as by my take, he is the largesse in the WR room, and am not resigning him come 2025. And again, unlike many here, am not in love/overly interested in any wideout in this draft, and prefer to resign who we have, albeit Guyton is a bit of a complication/delay in that he will be recovering from his torn ACL, and then again we barely used him @the start of last season. Personally think we have plenty enough firepower from this quintet, and that we more need health than a sixth WR speedbug…. We good here.

TE Everett, Parham, McKitty * liked the Richard Rodgers signing well enough, albeit not counting on/interested in him nor Stone Smartt going forward, and would love me some Dalton Kincaid in the draft, but think he’s been Jeremiah’d, and won’t be surprised if he’s the first TE off the board and gone by 21. Musgrave is starting to look like a consolation prize to me, and think there is other talent I prefer in his stead. Not interested in Mayer nor Washington @present, and don’t really see anyone else I’m too keen on atm. So gonna stay pat for now, and see what develops/who becomes available later in the offseason.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

LT Slater, Salyer * am looking @Connor Galvin in the draft to replace Storm here.

LG Zion, Feiler * am moving Mt. Zion here next to Rashawn, where he belongs, as really don’t want to Dan Feeney him, nor anyone else for that matter.

OC Linsley, Salyer * Eli Cox is a high day three draft priority by my take. Also would like to make Jamaree our John Havlicek of the Oline, and let him play center during the preseason to learn the position.

RG * Salyer, Jaimes * as of now would have no hesitation in drafting O’Cyrus Torrence @21, as don’t want to take a chance on one of the receivers, and don’t think the either of Bijan nor Kincaid are likely to be on the board when our turn comes ‘round. Also like Cooper Bebee here if he lands in our lap day two.

RT Pips, Feiler, Salyer, Sarell * my sense is that we are not gonna resign Pips, as think the situation is similar to when we signed MW, and that we offered ‘bout twice what he was worth, and think the deciding thing in his negotiations was that team Tommy John felt like their rep was on the line there, and wanted to back up their draft capital decision w/a second contract, and like most everyone else here, it’s good that Mike is a Charger, just not sure that was the best biz decision in light of the cap. And obviously team Tommy John was the brain trust behind bringing in/overdrafting Pips, and of whom might feel a little chagrin if they don’t sign him to a second contract, and of which would validate their original investment in him. Think the more logical thing would be to start Feiler here, and if he’s not up to snuff, then insert Jamaree. Will also add that am not interested in any of the early on tackles in this upcoming draft.

Overall and the ideal situation, would be to resign Pips and to draft a starting OG, for a line of Slater, Zion, Corey, Torrence/Bebee, Pips, and w/the likes of both Jamaree and Feiler as backups.

and re: Feiler's contract situation, would let him know that we are taking the out and the savings of $6.5 m, but are open to restructuring a deal that would keep him a Charger, but w/monies more so in line as a backup, similar to what we reportedly did w/Aboushi, that unfortunately did not work out in our favor.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

NT Fehoko, Otito, Forrest Merrill * high priority for me here, as would def like to bring in Siaki Ika from the draft.

DT * Bash, AJ * think we’re set here, albeit Bryan Bresee wouldn’t hurt my feeling here regardless.

DE/4i * Morgan Fox, Joe Gaziano * in the draft am interested in/have my eye out for the either of Calijah Kancey and/or Dante Stills here.

ED Joey, Khalil, Rumph, Tuszka * if we’re looking for cap relief this year, would look @extending Mack thru 2025, and if push comes to shove, first place I go to is to inquire ‘bout trading Bosa, as we could really use the draft picks, and just wish he was more instrumental to our win/loss column. My depth guy in the draft is YaYa Diaby, and the guy I’d like in FA if we were to part ways w/the Bear, would be A’Shawn Robinson, who is a DT and not an ED. Will also add, that just like MW, am interested in getting out from under Bosa’s contract, albeit would wait ‘til after the 2024 season, and when there would be no dead cap in getting out of his contract, as obviously having a healthy Bosa ‘n Mack would be ideal, and our first choice.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

OLB Van Noy, Ogbongbemiga * would retain the both of these guys.

ILB Murray, Niemann * not sure Reeder ever got a fair shake, and just not in the Tranq camp, as much prefer going after Denzel in FA and to do our best to gauge fair value in the draft for Noah Sewell.

S Derwin, JT Woods, Alohi, Mark Webb * think just like TE, would prefer to wait things out ‘til later in the offseason to see if we can’t get a good value vet FA signing. Otherwise, JL Skinner looks like the only guy worth real consideration, if he’s there round two for us, albeit not my first choice.

CB JC Jack, Asante, Ja’Sir, Deane Leonard, Callahan, Mike D. * if there is any way to get out of Jackson’s contract, would do so. him along w/Asante and Bryce are heavy injury concerns, albeit am in favor of resigning Callahan for a team friendly deal if possible. If not, think you’ve got to look @Brian Branch in the draft, and however unlikely it might be that he’d be there @21. Otherwise am looking @two day three guys in the draft, Cameron Brown and Julius Brents.

ps. would extend Vato as well.... (does that get us under the cap.... work extensions/restructures for Ekeler, Khalil, Keenan and Mike D. ?)

Comment

Working...
                          X