• Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As much as I want WR at 21 - you cannot reach
    Just can't
    take the Edge rusher
    take the TE
    or leverage your pick and trade back for more picks

but right, don't reach
    Yep...I'd rather have a solid TE or DT or Edge for 10 years than another K9-like reach...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...I'd rather have a solid TE or DT or Edge for 10 years than another K9-like reach...
      if the board isn"t right in that scenario - Telesco could always trade back as well. An extra pick or two would allow him to
      draft a backup OC prospect that might be better Clapp plus Linsley is getting older; maybe more OT, Edge or WR depth too

Again, with Justin HErbert coming up - good to have those players on cheaper contracts

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

if the board isn"t right in that scenario - Telesco could always trade back as well. An extra pick or two would allow him to
        draft a backup OC prospect that might be better Clapp plus Linsley is getting older; maybe more OT, Edge or WR depth too

Again, with Justin HErbert coming up - good to have those players on cheaper contracts
        it’s john/tom, they don’t trade back for picks…this same thing comes up every year, not sure why folks continue to believe this front office will change how it conducts business…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it’s john/tom, they don’t trade back for picks…this same thing comes up every year, not sure why folks continue to believe this front office will change how it conducts business…
          You are, unfortunately, 100% correct.
          Still, one can live in hope......

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

You are, unfortunately, 100% correct.
            Still, one can live in hope......
            Hope is one thing, but when it’s never happened in 10 years, maybe it’s time to accept what is?

or we can keep :deadhorse:
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Hope is one thing, but when it’s never happened in 10 years, maybe it’s time to accept what is?

or we can keep :deadhorse:
              very true...

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

10 years? This board wants to get rid of Bosa after 8. I’d love to get a 10 year player, but besides QB, I don’t think that happens much anymore.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Maybe the huge disaster when AJ left Troy Polamalu on the board scarred Dean and they are not allowed to.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Maybe the huge disaster when AJ left Troy Polamalu on the board scarred Dean and they are not allowed to.
                    thats an excellent point. Who were the two players - Sammy Davis and Terence Kiel. I think they also drafted Drayton Florence with their own 2nd round pick... ooooffff!!

Granted it worked okay moving from 1 to 5 and not drafting Vick

But Telesco has been open about trading up - I wonder if he falls in love with a player. I can see the Notre Dame TE being his target this year

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

thats an excellent point. Who were the two players - Sammy Davis and Terence Kiel. I think they also drafted Drayton Florence with their own 2nd round pick... ooooffff!!

But Telesco has been open about trading up - I wonder if he falls in love with a player. I can see the Notre Dame TE being his target this year
                      I could see him staying at 21, taking Kincaid if he wants TE. Not as good a blocker, better receiver. BPA might be Ark LB Sanders.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

10 years? This board wants to get rid of Bosa after 8. I’d love to get a 10 year player, but besides QB, I don’t think that happens much anymore.
                        Bosa didn't do much to help himself drawing that silly penalty in that one-and-done playoff epic fail loss to the Jags...almost reminds me of Moaning Mel...if he keeps this up, we'll have to refer to him as "Bonehead Bosa"...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

TT would have to trade away the farm to move up to the top 10 or so for Mayer...UNLESS he can package Bonehead Bosa and maybe a 4th rounder to do that deal...

Comment

Working...
                          X