• Québec city
    • Send PM

This is a 2023 Roster Build Thread !

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Spiller labeled sleeper for us by BFTB. There’s some roster rebuild for ya!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Spiller labeled sleeper for us by BFTB. There’s some roster rebuild for ya!
        If Spiller is a sleeper, hope he isn't like Pip, who took about 3 years to "wake up"...

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Spiller is a sleeper, hope he isn't like Pip, who took about 3 years to "wake up"...
          Phuck No! If any RB takes 3 years to develop I'm moving on. If your not ready to go by year 2 season beginning you're an under achiever in the NFL.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Spiller labeled sleeper for us by BFTB.
            I'd like to see that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Of course you know this is not true, but you couldn't resist posting it because of your Derwin James bromance.

Derwin James cap hit 2023: $9,106,400 - this is what you keep citing, to claim his cap hit is not egregious. But it's dishonest and you know it because his cap hits for the final three years of his contract is ginormous.

Derwin James cap hit 2024: $19,856,400

Derwin James cap hit 2025: $23,856,400

Derwin James cap hit 2026: $24,606,400

If anybody wants to check it out, it's plainly stated right here. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...33%2C841%2C129.

I don't know why Jolt feels he has to fudge these facts, maybe he lacks faith in his own convictions. These are seasons when the Chargers have to fit Herbert's contract under the cap as well. This is why I keep harping on the fact that players with bloated contracts/cap hits who are not performing up to the level of their contracts are anathema to a team that has to pay an elite QB contract like Herbert is going to get. There is no room for error once Herbert gets paid.
              And AGAIN.....we are talking about this year! WTF am I fudging? I listed his cap hits for 2024 and beyond. Who gives a shit about 2024 and beyond right now? Joey's cap was even more ginormous. Lol

This year we are building the team. Right fucking now, for the 2023 season.

So for this year his cap hit isn't a problem. Get that thru your thick skull.
              Seems to me your biggest worry is about Herbert. Who is your bromance.

Don't worry about Herbert. They will figure it out and it sure don't seem like they are worried about it either like you and B4K are.

When 2024 rolls around, I'm sure they have a plan.
              2024 is next season after this one, that hasn't started yet..... and the cap hits will be different then,....but not this season we don't need to worry about Derwin's 9.1 cap hit.

Holy Shit you are being ridiculous about it.

What are you going to say when Herbert's cap is 50 million and we can't sign as many players? Are you going to say he's holding us back?
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-07-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And AGAIN.....we are talking about this year! WTF am I fudging? I listed his cap hits for 2024 and beyond. Who gives a shit about 2924 and beyond right now? Joey's cap was even more ginormous. Lol

This year we are building the team. Right fucking now, for the 2023 season.

So for this year his cap hit isn't a problem. Get that thru your thick skull.
                Seems to me your biggest worry is about Herbert. Who is your bromance.

Don't worry about Herbert. They will figure it out and it sure don't seem like they are worried about it either like you and B4K are.

When 2024 rolls around, I'm sure they have a plan.
                2024 is next season after this one, that hasn't started yet..... and the cap hits will be different then,....but not this season we don't need to worry about Derwin's 9.1 cap hit.

Holy Shit you are being ridiculous about it.

What are you going to say when Herbert's cap is 50 million and we can't sign as many players? Are you going to say he's holding us back?
                The entire debate we've had about Derwin is whether he is or is not playing up to his contract. His contract is for five years, not just 2023.

The difference between Herbert and James is that Herbert is legitimately an elite player at the most important position in football. The hype is equal to the reality, and then some. He has already earned the contract he's going to get and deserves.

With Derwin, the hype is is not equal to the reality. He's getting paid to be elite but his play is not elite. And the Chargers are tied to his contract through 2026, and starting next season his cap hit is going to be a major issue if he does not elevate his game.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

The entire debate we've had about Derwin is whether he is or is not playing up to his contract. His contract is for five years, not just 2023.

The difference between Herbert and James is that Herbert is legitimately an elite player at the most important position in football. The hype is equal to the reality, and then some. He has already earned the contract he's going to get and deserves.

With Derwin, the hype is is not equal to the reality. He's getting paid to be elite but his play is not elite. And the Chargers are tied to his contract through 2026, and starting next season his cap hit is going to be a major issue if he does not elevate his game.
                  I'm with you on this !

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’ll crystallize it. Game 3 against JaX. Derwin is defending an out pattern in the flats. Don’t remember the JaX target but Trevor went for it. Derwin stretched out, got two hands on the ball but couldn’t hold on. Would have been an amazing INT but still a good defensive play. A guy sitting two rows behind me stands up and screams “ damnit Derwin! We’re paying you to catch that!!!””

money changes everything
                    so it was a good play?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Herbert isn't going to sign for James money, you're comparing the cost of a Lamborghini to the cost of a Maserati. Both are elite, both are expensive, they are not the same cost. (ok, I don't really know which one costs more, I just never get a chance to mention both in the same sentence). Just because Herbert is worth $45M/year, that doesn't mean James isn't worth $19M. I think James is the best player on our defense, don't we have two or 3 other players making more?

Anyhoo - fun chat. We've beat the shit out of this yeah/no debate. you don't think James is worth $19M. you sometimes exaggerate imperfection to make that point, as your thought is a feeling. A few others agree with you. Most of us do not. We point to a lot of stats that support our view and we point out he brings intangibles unlike other Safeties. But in the end there is no strictly defined "Stat=Dollar" lookup chart to pin exact value so nobody here will ever be proven right or wrong. Regardless of what he does in 2024, you can still think he is "not worth it" and I can still think he is.

its time we all drop this and move on, don't you think? you started it, you should stop first
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Right but you keep saying his cap hit is preventing us from signing other players....today! And it isn't.

WWe will be losing players in 2024 for cap relief but he won't be one of them.
                        You are premature there,... we are signing them this year and this year other players cap hits are much higher.

Ignore it if you want, and thats what you are doing. Derwin earned his contract but in your opinion he isn't living up to what he signed.

You and 3 others here. Don't hear anyone else outside the organization saying that.

I love a Herbert but if his cap hit of 55 mil at that point handcuffs us, then he isn't helping the team....and by your standards he better lead the league in everything....including getting us a SB appearance.

Will you call out your boy if we don't get there? My guess is NO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbert isn't going to sign for James money, you're comparing the cost of a Lamborghini to the cost of a Maserati. Both are elite, both are expensive, they are not the same cost. (ok, I don't really know which one costs more, I just never get a chance to mention both in the same sentence). Just because Herbert is worth $45M/year, that doesn't mean James isn't worth $19M. I think James is the best player on our defense, don't we have two or 3 other players making more?

Anyhoo - fun chat. We've beat the shit out of this yeah/no debate. you don't think James is worth $19M. you sometimes exaggerate imperfection to make that point, as your thought is a feeling. A few others agree with you. Most of us do not. We point to a lot of stats that support our view and we point out he brings intangibles unlike other Safeties. But in the end there is no strictly defined "Stat=Dollar" lookup chart to pin exact value so nobody here will ever be proven right or wrong. Regardless of what he does in 2024, you can still think he is "not worth it" and I can still think he is.

its time we all drop this and move on, don't you think? you started it, you should stop first
                          The ONLY other SS I would like to have if we didn't have Derwin is Jamal Adams. And by golly he is making a lot money as well lol

Comment

Working...
                          X