• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    I worry about MW’s back.
    Thats my only concern. And they don't have to tell the fans - just be honest in the building

If they are being cautious and limiting his activities in OTAs and Minicamp because of the back - makes perfect sense to me. Get players like QJ, Davis, Doss, Hightower and of course, future Pro Bowler, Pokey Wilson, more reps in practice

But if the recovery is taking longer than normal that could put him on the PUP at the start of training camp - that would be worrisome to me. But now, six weeks before camp - rest up, heal up, get stronger MW81

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It's on the individual. Voluntary. Lots of guys skip voluntary OTAs for a wide variety of reasons. The amount of participation had been very good. It's been nice to see so many vets. Mandatory Mini Camp is next week. June 13, 14. Training camp starts @ August 1st. We need everybody there then.
      That's find you can make that point. My point is you see who's more committed with OTA attendance.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

That's find you can make that point. My point is you see who's more committed with OTA attendance.
        Chiefs are not committed to a repeat SB win. thats good news, opens the door for the Mighty Bolts!

In addition to Kelce, eight other Chiefs were absent: tight end Blake Bell, defensive tackle Chris Jones, running back Jerick McKinnon, running back Isiah Pacheco, left tackle Donovan Smith, wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette, cornerback L'Jarius Sneed, wide receiver Kadarius Toney and defensive tackle Turk Wharton.
        Chiefs wrapped up another week of voluntary OTAs. Didn’t see CEH, Darrel Williams, LDT, Rankin, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Taco Charlton, Mike Hughes, Charvarius Ward, Armani Watts.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          Chiefs are not committed to a repeat SB win. thats good news, opens the door for the Mighty Bolts!

Agree.....fans make too much of it. If a player feels they need it or just want to be there cool...they can show up but if they have been here a while even with a new OC....there's still plenty of time to get the system and timing down.
          They have 2 a day practices for a few weeks in TC plus mandatory OTAs before TC.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

And my point is there can be a valid reason to not be there. Rehab, family, normal outside training schedule., etc.
            Kudos to Bosa who usually skips. He owes us a big year. Mack is really committed. His last year was not what he liked, spending last off season rehabbing his ankle. This year he's doing it all +. I expect a big year from the edge rush beasts.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree.....fans make too much of it. If a player feels they need it or just want to be there cool...they can show up but if they have been here a while even with a new OC....there's still plenty of time to get the system and timing down.
              They have 2 a day practices for a few weeks in TC plus mandatory OTAs before TC.
              Its the same with far too many facts or stats that alarmists post here in isolation to decry the Chargers, when its 100% normal across the league. We had teeth-gnashing posts that far too much Team Cap is invested in the top7 players just last week. I did a random check of 4 or 5 teams and our cap weighting to top players was consistent with all of the teams I checked. Perfectly normal. Usual. Average. Chiefs were actually much worse but that difference was due solely to the fact Mahomes has his 2nd contract and Burrow and Herbert don't so it doesn't say anything worse about the Chiefs - thats just how pro sports are - the top 10-15% of players always get a disproportionate total of the salaries. Its true across all sports as well, not just NFL. and definitely not just Chargers.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

I love that kind of news. However they did earn it. I think that is one scenario that I would give a pass.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I love that kind of news. However they did earn it. I think that is one scenario that I would give a pass.
                  Chargers OTA is a demonstration of commitment, Chiefs OTA is not? well thats not very consistent of you.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Its the same with far too many facts or stats that alarmists post here in isolation to decry the Chargers, when its 100% normal across the league. We had teeth-gnashing posts that far too much Team Cap is invested in the top7 players just last week. I did a random check of 4 or 5 teams and our cap weighting to top players was consistent with all of the teams I checked. Perfectly normal. Usual. Average. Chiefs were actually much worse but that difference was due solely to the fact Mahomes has his 2nd contract and Burrow and Herbert don't so it doesn't say anything worse about the Chiefs - thats just how pro sports are - the top 10-15% of players always get a disproportionate total of the salaries. Its true across all sports as well, not just NFL. and definitely not just Chargers.
                    Someone has to keep you pie in the sky optimists at least somewhat grounded . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

2023 Defensive Depth Solutions: 4 UDFAs could solve the perceived depth gap:

S - AJ Finley
                      CB - Cameron Brown
                      Edge - Andrew Farmer
                      IDL - Jerrod Clark (he's the TPB betting favorite to make the squad)

Feel free to discuss. Don't forget - Chiefs won the SB with 10 rookies

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

S - AJ Finley
                        CB - Cameron Brown
                        Edge - Andrew Farmer

Ya I think all these guys have a role as early as this season, but then I start to think, there can't possibly be that many UDFAs making the 53 can there?
                        I think there's a chance more of them make it than in previous years because the class looks especially talented and Staley in year 3 has had enough time to evaluate everyone throughly and has earned enough trust with Telesco to have more influence.

We'll see.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

S - AJ Finley
                          CB - Cameron Brown
                          Edge - Andrew Farmer

Some good reports on AJ Finley.

Maybe he factors in at safety depth

Comment

Working...
                          X