• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    Has anybody mentioned that it was Jerrod Clark who burst from LDE and NEARLY sacked Stetson Bennett, who escaped to his right, only to be tracked down by Okoye?

OMFG, the 330 pound Clark came FLYING into the backfield, like he was shot out of a cannon. He's one of the guys I'll be making a point of focusing on in the final two preseason games.
    Okay, sign 330# Clark up for a biopic also...but we need a name for it...

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      Has anybody mentioned that it was Jerrod Clark who burst from LDE and NEARLY sacked Stetson Bennett, who escaped to his right, only to be tracked down by Okoye?

OMFG, the 330 pound Clark came FLYING into the backfield, like he was shot out of a cannon. He's one of the guys I'll be making a point of focusing on in the final two preseason games.
      I'm with you. We have a place for him if he can keep his energy up.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Does anyone think Stick is ready to compete for a starting job somewhere next year?
        looking around and I see very bad QB play everyone, especially in the NFC.

If Duggan shows up in the next 2 PS games, maybe we can trade Stick by the trade deadline to set up up nicely in the draft. Ala clipboard Jesus.
        I think the best Stick can hope for in an NFL career is the job he already has right now, the kid seems smart enough to realize that career backup money in the NFL is better than anything else he could be making right now...he's already managed to stick around for 5 years I can see him trying to emulate Chase Daniels and trying to stick around for another 5, it wouldn't surprise me to see the chargers bring him back again next year once again on vet minimum...because he's vested only like 840k of his salary hits the cap or something like that...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I don’t get why then they wasted a pick on Duggan, if they need more depth elsewhere? Rule change (carrying 3rd QB) fact QB is most important position and he’s not costing much, leans me in other direction.
          Even before the rule change they already liked to carry three QBs, on the plus side they didn't use a 5th rounder like the did with Stick, they like the kids intelligence, his work ethic, and his character, there will be no toxic shit happening in the QB room with Herbert, stick, and duggan and that is worth a lot...moore is good at getting backup QBs to fill in when needed in spot duty, if he liked what he saw from duggan then for the price they paid to get him it's a good pick...I think we'll see some growth from duggan in the next couple of games, hopefully he'll get better blockiing so we can see what kind of decisions he makes when throwing the ball down the field...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Jahleel Addae says he's the biggest player on the field. Here is another interview and more about him. The more you learn about this kid the more you want him to succeed. I'm so glad he's a Bolt.

Great vid, Velo. Can't help but like the guy. Hope he pans out for us, but if not, then some other team.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              On the defensive side of the ball, Okoye (21 years old) and Farmer (23) really surprise me.
              They could fill some spots in the depth chart.
              I would like to see Okoye show what he can do as an Offensive Tackle, his arms are 34 1/2" long! at 6'7" 335 he has the prototypical skill set and athletic ability to line up as a tackle, when he was first allocated to the chargers he was listed as an OT, it's not like the chargers don't need quality depth at the position which is why it's bit confusing that he got sent over to the defensive side where they have a lot of bodies right now...

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I would like to see Okoye show what he can do as an Offensive Tackle, his arms are 34 1/2" long! at 6'7" 335 he has the prototypical skill set and athletic ability to line up as a tackle, when he was first allocated to the chargers he was listed as an OT, it's not like the chargers don't need quality depth at the position which is why it's bit confusing that he got sent over to the defensive side where they have a lot of bodies right now...
                I remember when Marty moved Dielman to OG from DL. Good choice.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They have a need at DT...on the other hand, we also need O-line depth...I wouldn't mind seeing Okoye get some reps at OT...in time, he might have a shot at beating out dudes like Sarell and Pleasants...

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

They needed a 3rd qb for training camp. He was the best available in the 7th after a run on QBs in the draft. I still want to see him play with better protection in front of him. Give the man a chance.
                    Agree...give Duggan a chance

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm with you. We have a place for him if he can keep his energy up.
                      On that play, he bull rush powered through a double team to disrupt the pocket and flush their QB to Okoye. tremendous interior power on display on that rep, two grown men could not contain the beast!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I haven't seen this posted ...

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper