• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If he's smart he'll utilize his RBs and TEs more. McDaniel failed to make adjustments last year when his O was sputtering. Didn't attack us on the ground,
    weak spot last year. Our other weak spot is in covering TEs. If we have to use James (as we sometimes do) it opens up the passing game for Hill.
    We can counter with bringing in a 5th dB. That can open the door to their running game.

I expect the Chargers to win this game. Dolphins will be missing their best safety and their best OT is questionable. But the game will likely be a lot
    closer than a lot of us expect. First game always going to be some rust and we didn't play any of our starters of significance in the preseason.

Jackson was pretty bad last year when he did play. But according to reports he was healing from an injury. So really I don't know what to expect
    from the guy. Reports are positive. But until we see him in game situations who knows?
    Armstead is officially out now.
    I expect JCJ will be stellar. Everyone needs to keep in mind that no DBs defend 100%. NFL WRs are getting paid too.

Staley plays 5 dbs regularly. I think nickel was his most frequent personnel package. ASJ will be the 5th and will play a lot.

I am wondering if we see any of Woods or they stick with Alohi the entire game.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I expect JCJ will be stellar. Everyone needs to keep in mind that no DBs defend 100%. NFL WRs are getting paid too.
      I am definitely pulling for JCJ, but the optimism remains vedy cautious, due to the nature of his injury.

Staley plays 5 dbs regularly. I think nickel was his most frequent personnel package. ASJ will be the 5th and will play a lot.

I am wondering if we see any of Woods or they stick with Alohi the entire game.
      I see a lot of variety in coverages, with much disguise. Vs MIA the expectation here is heavy Cover 6.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I see a lot of variety in coverages, with much disguise. Vs MIA the expectation here is heavy Cover 6.
        That will put our run D to the test if Mia plays smart. It'll be interesting.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

they might benefit in run D if Achane is running the ball. Small and fast

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Yes. ĺ believe Mostert is the fastest RB in the NFL. We must realize that MIA w/Tyreek & Waddle are very dangerous.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

I think a few Captains are enough. There are Captains of the Captains the higher the number. Regardless, only 4 guys go out for the coin toss.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                I think a few Captains are enough. There are Captains of the Captains the higher the number. Regardless, only 4 guys go out for the coin toss.
                6 seems like the right number to me. Voting the long snapper as a captain seems gratuitously expansive - like someone decided "hey, we have to vote for a captain from the ST group". as great a snapper dude as he is ... he's a long snapper.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

6 seems like the right number to me. Voting the long snapper as a captain seems gratuitously expansive - like someone decided "hey, we have to vote for a captain from the ST group". as great a snapper dude as he is ... he's a long snapper.
                  Next thing u know, they'll be voting the waterboy a captain...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Next thing u know, they'll be voting the waterboy a captain...
                    They could go down to the harbor, find a real captain and make him honorary Captain Captain.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1526942]

I am wondering if we see any of Woods or they stick with Alohi the entire game.[/QUOTE]

If we hope to see stops/plays made, Alohi plays every down.
                      Woods will see the field IF the game is out of reach or Alohi has to sit.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

They could go down to the harbor, find a real captain and make him honorary Captain Captain.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF by Laff
                        Ah yes, the sailboat scene from "The Truman Show." A sloop with a bowsprit...hmmm...yes, some of the old sloops had them, but modern ones do not...ONLY in the movies...

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Achane's shoulder has healed. His explosiveness is quite similar to Mostert's. Yeah interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X