• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Over the cap has him at 14 mil dead cap if traded before June 1st. 7 mil dead cap if traded after June 1st.
    https://overthecap.com/player/joey-bosa/4716
    I don’t think you’re reading it right, but if I’m wrong i welcome the education. his 2023 base salary is guaranteed 24M and he has 14M remaining prorated bonus. Thats $38M Cap hit. If he’s cut before June 1, half of the prorated bonus can be deferred = -7M and cap hit drops from 38M to a still huge 31M. That is the =7M potential savings pre-June. But the actual value is 38 per my discussion.

Next year 2024 is when there are savings for cutting him - if he’s not restructured. it’s a 7M cap hit for remaining prorated bonus. His base salary is not guaranteed 15M + 7M added roster bonus also he only gets if he’s on the roster = 22M savings.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think you’re reading it right, but if I’m wrong i welcome the education. his 2023 base salary is guaranteed 24M and he has 14M remaining prorated bonus. Thats $38M Cap hit. If he’s cut before June 1, half of the prorated bonus can be deferred = -7M and cap hit drops from 38M to a still huge 31M. That is the =7M potential savings pre-June. But the actual value is 38 per my discussion.

Next year 2024 is when there are savings for cutting him - if he’s not restructured. it’s a 7M cap hit for remaining prorated bonus. His base salary is not guaranteed 15M + 7M added roster bonus also he only gets if he’s on the roster = 22M savings.
      The $14M and $7M dead cap numbers are IF he gets traded. If he gets released your numbers are correct. If you using SPOCTRAC click on the $38M dead cap
      number and you'll see the full analysis.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Only Ekeler makes the 1st guy miss and shows some nice vision to get extra yards. And catches great out of backfield.

Kelley runs strong when it's blocked well. And that is it. Poor hands, poor vision.

Last season Ekeler had 200 carries and the other 200 runs went to others. We will probably run it at least 50 more times. 450 runs or so under Kellen Moore.
        I'd rather see Ekeler get 200 carries with 75 catches. And then Bijan get 200 carries with 25 catches. And Kelley and Spiller can fight for over final 50 touches.

But it only a small chance that Bijan is there at #21.

I would draft BPA of OL or CB if Bijan is off the board at #21.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep a good RT in the first round shores up our OT spot for the next 5 years.
          We have slater for 3 more years (2 plus option). Linsley for 3 more years, Zion for 4 (3 plus option) and Salyer for 3. Why do people keep saying our OL will be set for 5 yrs if we just draft a RT? Not one current player is locked in for 5 years, and only one is locked in for 4. We’d be set for 3 years. 3 years is good, just resetting the numeric.

If they don’t sign Pipkins, they either already decided to play Salyer there and draft interior (typically can wait 1-2 rounds vs OT), or they plan to draft early at RT. We’ll find out in awhile I guess.

I don’t like betting the season on a RT rookie. I think they can afford Pipkins somehow, but then again they can draft RT and they can afford a different Skill FA in that same 8-10M range most seem to predict Pipkins can get.

Edit - I hope the plan is not to just play Salyer at RT and forget that position. They can’t go into a season with only 2 starting-grade OTs. We have don that so fucking many times in the TT decade and been completely destroyed every single time.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Only Ekeler makes the 1st guy miss and shows some nice vision to get extra yards. And catches great out of backfield.

Kelley runs strong when it's blocked well. And that is it. Poor hands, poor vision.

Last season Ekeler had 200 carries and the other 200 runs went to others. We will probably run it at least 50 more times. 450 runs or so under Kellen Moore.
            I'd rather see Ekeler get 200 carries with 75 catches. And then Bijan get 200 carries with 25 catches. And Kelley and Spiller can fight for over final 50 touches.

I’d love to see that. I’d like to see Bijan at 250 Eke at 150, actually

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

That would be amazing.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

We have slater for 3 more years (2 plus option). Linsley for 3 more years, Zion for 4 (3 plus option) and Salyer for 3. Why do people keep saying our OL will be set for 5 yrs if we just draft a RT? Not one current player is locked in for 5 years, and only one is locked in for 4. We’d be set for 3 years. 3 years is good, just resetting the numeric.

If they don’t sign Pipkins, they either already decided to play Salyer there and draft interior (typically can wait 1-2 rounds vs OT), or they plan to draft early at RT. We’ll find out in awhile I guess.

I don’t like betting the season on a RT rookie. I think they can afford Pipkins somehow, but then again they can draft RT and they can afford a different Skill FA in that same 8-10M range most seem to predict Pipkins can get.

Edit - I hope the plan is not to just play Salyer at RT and forget that position. They can’t go into a season with only 2 starting-grade OTs. We have don that so fucking many times in the TT decade and been completely destroyed every single time.
                Reading comprehension. I'm saying our OT spot, with Slater and someone like Paris Johnson, with good health could lock down the OT starters spot for the next 5 years easily. For sure we need a Center in the next few years and OG will need to be addressed as well.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Me to!

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Hard to say. Edge, QBs, CBs, TE, OT are going to go early. More than one of each.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I’d be surprised if Bijan was not there when we pick. Today’s game is about passing and stopping the pass. Getting an extra yard a carry from a rb doesn’t win games.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’d be surprised if Bijan was not there when we pick. Today’s game is about passing and stopping the pass. Getting an extra yard a carry from a rb doesn’t win games.
                        Hmm, if we average 1 yard more per carry ( from 3.8 to 4.8), I see us grinding out first downs, winning TOP and wearing down defenses.

Does that win games?

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, if we average 1 yard more per carry ( from 3.8 to 4.8), I see us grinding out first downs, winning TOP and wearing down defenses.

Does that win games?
                          Not as much as having the players to successfully execute the two minute drill. Or stop the two minute drill. Or come back from 27 down.

Bijan would be fun to watch though.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X