• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Roster build, I don't know about the rest of you folks but last season we were supposed to see the duo of Mack/Bosa and it did not come to pass. I want them both brought back this season to fulfill that promise. Yes, the Chargers can afford it by cutting Keenan Allen, Gerald Everett, and Feiler. We have a replacement for Feiler in-house in Salyer and Chargers draft WR & TE and go with the youth movement on offense. Younger, faster, healthier, and cheaper.
    Mack/Bosa take up $58M in cap space. I'm going to make the same argument some of you are making with Allen and WRs. We can release/restructure/trade
    those two and replace them with rookies since the draft is very deep with Edge guys. See I can play that game as well.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Mack/Bosa take up $58M in cap space. I'm going to make the same argument some of you are making with Allen and WRs. We can release/restructure/trade
      those two and replace them with rookies since the draft is very deep with Edge guys. See I can play that game as well.
      I see. I am playing some sort-of game.

Your move.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

The Chargers did what in the playoffs? They could neither run the ball in the Jacksonville losses in the second half and I'm not going accept that a change of coordinators will make that difference. Chargers offensive line is wanting at the right tackle position and I am willing to bet Kellen Moore and I see the same thing (glaring weakness when the Chargers have a returning core group of Slater, Salyer, Linsley, and Zion. One more blue chip at RT and this team is ready to piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.
        This :

With the offense living up to its potential (gaining early leads) the game would play into the defense's strength (pass defense).

We got a big early lead, which played to the defenses strength( pass defense) only that failed.

Yes we have work to do still with this team. I'm for another RT but rather go BPA. Hate drafting for needs and that isn't our biggest need unless Pip is let go. The entire OL depth is also crap.

Imo this should be Telescos last season if we fail badly again in the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

You finally get it! Maybe, because Miami gave big money to Tyreek, other areas suffered like their Oline! Couldn't even keep their QB's standing! I stand corrected KA played in 11 games and could only muster 752 yards and 4 TD, and his hamstrings failed him! That's with an all world QB named Herbert passing to him also. I'm more than ready to move on from that for what he does to our cap and WR depth! For what he makes that's called stealing money! You could easily get 752 yards and 4 TD's from a top rookie WR or solid FA, with a QB like Herbert passing to him!
          No, Tua kept getting hurt as usual and their backup, Bridgewater also got hurt and Skyler Thompson isn't Brock Purdy.
          Their OL didn't hurt Tua, he is a china doll.

SF has a good OL and all their QBs got hurt.

Keenan played in 10 games, and one of those was only for 2 series trying to come back early and couldn't keep going.

When his hamstring healed it didn't bother him the rest of the way. Don't know what it is with you guys and Keenan having a hammy injury. Parham had one too...played in a lot less games because of it. Could of used him over McKitty.

And yes you can get 752 yards from a rookie in 17 games, agree. Keenan did it in 10. Had he played 17, he would of had over 1300 yards and just over 100 receptions at his pace.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-13-2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

I see. I am playing some sort-of game.

Your move.
            Allen has been a top ten receiver throughout his whole career. When he did play (which was more than Bosa) he was top 3 receiver.
            See the stats games 11-18. What did Bosa do? Got stupid penalties in PO that were costly.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Allen has been a top ten receiver throughout his whole career. When he did play (which was more than Bosa) he was top 3 receiver.
              See the stats games 11-18. What did Bosa do? Got stupid penalties in PO that were costly.
              If your plan is to cut the 27 year old and keep the 31 year old, whatever game this is we are playing - that I don't understand - I accuse you of acting nonsensical and shitting in the penalty box.

Clearly, you MISSED these pressure numbers.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...led-prospects/

I believe they left off RT Andrew Wylie from the must have. Watch the highlights again and you see consistent, high-level play across the Chiefs line. Listen, I'm a basics guy and I think the best coaching of all time is the 1954 NY Giants. I can't tell you the name of the head coach either, but the offensive coordinator was Vince Lombardi and the defensive coordinator was Tom Landry. Lombardi was one of 'The Seven Blocks of Granite' on Fordham University's offensive line under HC Jim Crowley and line coach Frank Leahy. This is where games are won. The Chargers need to address the offensive line in the first round (or second) and then WR in the first - then DT, then address the TE position. The offensive line must be sound as a pound to compete in the playoffs, and the second half of the playoff loss to the Jaguars, I hope, is enough to convince this offense needs a higher baseline of play at the RT position and the best way to accomplish that is addressing it first when you have an opportunity to land of the top two blue chip offensive tackles in the entire draft and under the tutelage of known root-hog football coach Kellen Moore.

That's a plan to better last season.
                Your respect for history touched a nerve with this aging fan boy. Loved those guys.
                Winning at the line of scrimmage is a good start."under the tutelage of known root-hog football coach Kellen Moore.'".

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

As far as I'm concerned we have to look at the OLine position, WR position, DL position, TE position, and RB position in this draft and in free agency in no particular order.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

You damn sure better offer something other than Fox Sports as a citation, for chrissakes. Hard pass on this nonsense.
                    There are many others but more technical. Thought most wouldn't want to hang with it. The link is Fox sports but it was written by a sports Doctor,..... Fox just published it.

But ok, the jist is it's a common thing throughout the league and affects WRs the most. 55% of hamstring injuries are to WRs. He had a grade 2 which takes time. Grade 3 is complete tear and needs surgery. Ken Griffey Jr had a grade 3 during his career.

In 2021 the NFL scientific board awarded 4 million for research on how they can prevent so many hamstring injuries.

You can look up other links up yourself if you are interested enough because just saying it's a soft tissue injury and he is 30 is also nonsense. He healed, came back and it didn't re occur again and he was nails down the stretch.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

Why would we be trading Parham? He is a RFA.
                      True, then don't bring him back. He had a hamstring injury and missed most the season.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are many others but more technical. Thought most wouldn't want to hang with it. The link is Fox sports but it was written by a sports Doctor,..... Fox just published it.

But ok, the jist is it's a common thing throughout the league and affects WRs the most. 55% of hamstring injuries are to WRs. He had a grade 2 which takes time. Grade 3 is complete tear and needs surgery. Ken Griffey Jr had a grade 3 during his career.

In 2021 the NFL scientific board awarded 4 million for research on how they can prevent so many hamstring injuries.

You can look up other links up yourself if you are interested enough because just saying it's a soft tissue injury and he is 30 is also nonsense. He healed, came back and it didn't re occur again and he was nails down the stretch.
                        I wish him nothing but the best in his future with the Bears or the Colts. I've spoken my piece and counted to three. Nothing you can ever say or offer can ever bring Keenan Allen back at the price he is scheduled to earn and it's time to cut bait and move on. This topic included.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

So to recap:
                          Bosa #3 in pressures last 5 years
                          Keenan #4 in receptions last 5 years
                          Mack #5 in pressures last 5 years

...and we should can them for rookies that will give us half the production... even though we could afford to keep them...?

LOL! Carry on, boys.

Comment

Working...
                          X