Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    I've been to Ashville NC a few times for Warren Haynes' Xmas Jam. I really like that town.
    We've probably met.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      I've been to Ashville NC a few times for Warren Haynes' Xmas Jam. I really like that town.
      We've probably met. I was the one without Birkenstocks.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
        We've probably met. I was the one without Birkenstocks.
        I was the other one!
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          I would expect you to say something ignorant like that....
          I'm not a believer in the whole anthropogenic global warming argument, sorry. The Earth's climate has never been static, it has gone though drastic periods of warming and cooling both prior to the existence of mankind as well as during (even when you couldn't blame it on anthropogenic CO2 emissions). To pick a point in the last 100 years or so and say this is the "normal" temperature of the planet is the epitome of arrogance. This "climate change" debate has everything to do with giving governments the ability to take more from individuals and very little to do with science. Question, why is it that global temperatures have not seen a rise in the last 18 years even when CO2 emissions have increased (mainly by China and India)? Answer" Because CO2 is a very minor component in driving the planet's climate. Back in the 70s when pollution was a big issue here in the states the environmentalists went after pollution, sulphur, lead, aerosol sprays and the like - all of which were actually bad for the environment. When they realized that we could reduce or eliminate (or nearly eliminate) those byproducts they attacked the only byproduct of combustion that couldn't be easily reduced, CO2. CO2 is absolutely necessary in order to sustain the great majority of life on this planet. It is also way down the list when it comes to greenhouse gases (the biggest one is water vapor by the way). Another thing, greenhouse gases are good, without them this would be a planet with widely fluctuating temperatures, and most lifeforms here would be extinct - no CO2 no plants and without plants there are no reptiles, marsupials or mammals. There is no you to be specific. Another thing to understand is that a warmer planet sustains a larger variety of plant and animal life than a colder, drier one. You can look that up if you want. You want to know what an ice age is? It is an extended drought. Water is locked up in the ice caps and the air is drier. Water is what sustains the very great majority of lifeforms on this planet. Why is a cold planet a drought planet? Because colder air cannot hold as much water as warmer air so water is less available in the atmosphere which means it is less distributed throughout the planet. Do you need me to explain why rainfall tends to be higher on the windward and not to the leeward side of the mountains? That is because as the heavily moisture laden air rises when it hits the mountains and as it rises it can no longer hold as much water so that water is ejected (we call it precipitation, rain-snow-sleet-hail). How it is ejected has to do with temperature and the rate of uplift (thunderstorms will produce hail even if the surface temperatures are quite warm). This is very basic meteorology. Again, you can look this up if you don't believe me.

Now if you really want to get in a debate with me then try to bring something remotely resembling and intelligent point rather than just resulting to name calling. I always appreciate a good debate though I do easily lose patience with people who have little understanding of the topic involved.
          Last edited by Den60; 01-09-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

That earthquake was Spanos digging the underground tunnel to L A

#elchapo #elspanos

Comment

Working...
            X