• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Just wanna pause the Joey discussion for a second to say that's a badass story, as these kids say, I gotta put some respect on your name.
    Thank you 21.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sounds like an issue.
      Very funny . . . .

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Very funny . . . .
        But I can’t talk about it. Like fight club.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Plenty of non Charger fans shitting on Maxx about this on Twitter--myself included.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What Joey said about Carr was 100% true, in season, and in the context of playing to win. Raider fans will tell you that Carr NEVER scrambles and is lacking in pocket courage. Derek is potentially dangerous as he throws a good deep ball. Solid.

Now let's take what Mad Maxx said. The season was over. It was out of the blue and very personal. The timing and context is suspect. Maxx was essentially saying "...look at me-I never complain." (classic narcissism from a former user.) To say nothing of the name calling.

Finally let's take this board, where intelligent football takes are supposed to be order of the day, at least occasionally. Many are now actually saying that Joey Bosa is not a good football player.

The "called out the entire board" and "defense of Lombardi" attack must unfortunately now be addressed.

The term "piling on" which you continue to side step means essentally this: You have overplayed your hand. It is such a shallow point, from a disappointed fanbase, to say "got ya Joey, Maxx is right," and to repeat that over and over on a Charger fan board.

My support of Lombardi was, in season, like Joey's turtle comments on Carr. I wanted to retain Lombardi. The stick routes were to protect Joey's ribs, etc. .

It is pleasing to hear that Moore will run QB sneaks instead of 3rd and 1 jet sweeps. Lombardi and my support of him is now unimportant.
            Not overplayed at all. He’s made himself (whether he has capacity to act otherwise or not) into an ineffectual defender and I’d prefer to trade him for that reason. No ref will ever call a holding penalty against an opposing blocker, even if he’s getting mugged (and he often is). Even if Joey manages his issues, the refs will still not throw the flag and let him get mugged, every play. He’s a liability at this point, I didn’t create the situation, he did.

And respectfully disagree, as I stated your defense of Joey is eerily akin to your defense of Lombardi, not my creation, yours. Every week I heard it from you, love to forget it (your favorite thing to do) but you are, if nothing else, memorable, you strive to be and succeed in that. Kudos. But that doesn’t make you right, and everyone else on the board wrong (“disgusting” was your term).

Joey is a great player, and I’m sad he’s essentially cancelled his career. Nice to get even a low pick for him. Maybe I’m wrong and he’ll turn into a sack monster, I just doubt the refs will let him. Not sorry if that disgusts you.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Plenty of non Charger fans shitting on Maxx about this on Twitter--myself included.
              And plenty of articles showing Joey’s prowess in public speaking. Pick your poison.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not overplayed at all. He’s made himself (whether he has capacity to act otherwise or not) into an ineffectual defender and I’d prefer to trade him for that reason. No ref will ever call a holding penalty against an opposing blocker, even if he’s getting mugged (and he often is). Even if Joey manages his issues, the refs will still not throw the flag and let him get mugged, every play. He’s a liability at this point, I didn’t create the situation, he did.

And respectfully disagree, as I stated your defense of Joey is eerily akin to your defense of Lombardi, not my creation, yours. Every week I heard it from you, love to forget it (your favorite thing to do) but you are, if nothing else, memorable, you strive to be and succeed in that. Kudos. But that doesn’t make you right, and everyone else on the board wrong (“disgusting” was your term).

Joey is a great player, and I’m sad he’s essentially cancelled his career. Nice to get even a low pick for him. Maybe I’m wrong and he’ll turn into a sack monster, I just doubt the refs will let him. Not sorry if that disgusts you.
                My thoughts and my words were carefully constructed. You distort.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                  Dea Spanos my HERO
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                  Gotta separate the player from the person. Not sure what some of you expected him to sound like. Most of these dumb jocks were shoved through the educational system since grade school. I'd bet half of them can't read on a 4th grade level. Same with musicians, most are dumber than a bag of hammers because they're dropouts. They aren't meant to be idolized off the field or stage. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Loved him as a player (when he was actually on the field), but beyond that I have zero expectations. He probably tries to light his own farts on fire.
                  image.png
                  image.png

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

My thoughts and my words were carefully constructed. You distort.
                    You made kung pow chicken and a Czech Pilsner blow out of my left nostril. Now I have to eat a real vegetable, not happy (but still amused).

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Let’s not work Maxx Crosby’s program for him. We all heard Joey say Derek Carr turtles up. Maxx called Joey out for doing worse.
                      It's one thing to complain about being held. But when Bonehead Bosa slams his helmet down, drawing a silly penalty that helps the other team score on us, well, that's just plain lame...sorry, I kind of agree with Maxx on this one...

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                        Dea Spanos my HERO
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

The only thing I can add is I felt like shit bagging on Ryan Leaf when I found out later he had a brain tumor which may have affected him when he was on our team.

Mental health clinics are something the NFL should fund especially with CTE and remember Barrett Robins Center for the Raiders who got lost in TJ on Super Bowl day in San Diego ?

Editor’s note: Sports Uncovered, the newest podcast from NBC Sports, shines a fresh light on some of the most unforgettable moments in sports. The fifth episode tells the story of “The Mysterious Disappearance that Changed a Super Bowl,” chronicling Barret Robbins’ absence from Super Bowl XXXVII. Super Bowl week is unlike any other in sports. It’s five days of media sessions, interviews,…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Let’s not work Maxx Crosby’s program for him. We all heard Joey say Derek Carr turtles up. Maxx called Joey out for doing worse.
                          That’s what this is all about, joey mocked their QB two years ago and maxx is getting some payback for his guy…nobody wants to hear opposing players questioning the leader of their team’s manhood…maxx saw an opportunity to get even and he did…tit for tat…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X