Of course. He plays for the Chargers
    We all qualify . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not so sure if Joey has issues. It's much more likely that he just doesn't think before acting.
      Sounds like an issue.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Here's a different angle.

Maxx Crosby will be in recovery every day for the rest of his life.

Joey has publicized mental health issues and has dealt with concussions.

Maxx likes to point fingers, both figuratively and literally. Why is he saying anything here ?

Let me add, there are times Charger fans and this board disgusts me.

Why oh why are we piling on one of our best players ?

No one can stop you, can they keyboard cowboy ?

JMO.
        Should I feel sorry for your boy Lombardi too? If Joey’s issues prevent him from being a good football player, much less an elite one, shouldn’t that be on the table to discuss?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sounds like an issue.
          Hahahahahaha!!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Should I feel sorry for your boy Lombardi too? If Joey’s issues prevent him from being a good football player, much less an elite one, shouldn’t that be on the table to discuss?
            It is a false premise to call Lombardi my "boy."

My points about Bosa have nothing to do with what you are saying.

That's it for me being defensive.

The key words I used were "piling on."

Joey has work to do on the mental side of football. I hope it can work out for all re LAC salary cap.

The other issue involves Maxx Crosby, a great player and an opponent, mouthing off at Joey. His NA sponsor takes note. We shall see how this plays out.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I support Joey, Charger or not, he's a good guy, perhaps a bit immature but that's okay as my DE, maybe not from a QB.

Rooting hard for Joey to come back stronger and motivated.

LFGJB!!
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Joey has work to do on the mental side of football. I hope it can work out for all re LAC salary cap.

The other issue involves Maxx Crosby, a great player and an opponent, mouthing off at Joey. His NA sponsor takes note. We shall see how this plays out.
                Let’s not work Maxx Crosby’s program for him. We all heard Joey say Derek Carr turtles up. Maxx called Joey out for doing worse.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Let’s not work Maxx Crosby’s program for him. We all heard Joey say Derek Carr turtles up. Maxx called Joey out for doing worse.
                  No one has explained why Maxx Crosby spoke out. It is obvious that this board wants to sniff Maxx's jock and hate on Joey for a bad season. Waller underperformed this season. What's up Darren ?

Mobile is showing good depth at EDGE. Maybe the Raider-Maxx fans on TPB can watch tape and find us someone better than Joey @ #21.

Peace. Out.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

There is plenty to unpack here. This rabbit hole is deep.

First and foremost, I have compassion for your story.

So, with your understanding of what recovery entails, how the fuck is Maxx Crosby someone I am being "unfair" to ?

If anything, Maxx is being "unfair" to Joey !

Recovery does not involve being destructive towards someone else with issues. As a matter of fact, that is a big red flag.

If we are being personal here, I repeat that I miraculously survived a head on collision--negligent uninsured dude was going 85mph--right when Joey was drafted.

Let me break it down for you brutha. That Friday morning, Day 2 NFL Draft, I was literally sitting on a bed in the Regional Trauma Center with nine staples in my skull. I said to myself, "well at least the Chargers drafted Joey Bosa last night." No joke. LOL.

Yes, this is personal. I remain optimistic about Joey helping us win Super Bowls.

We will see if Big Mouth Maxx ever gets a QB as good as Herbert.
                    Just wanna pause the Joey discussion for a second to say that's a badass story, as these kids say, I gotta put some respect on your name.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Changing the goalposts? You called out the entire board cuz Joey’s behavior apparently earned the attention. You can defend him, that’s fine, but this does sound eerily familiar to your defense of Lombardi’s modern football concepts, like we should just ignore any issues and hope for the best.

Best would be to move on, get what we can for him as he’ll forever be held mercilessly with no call from any ref will be in his favor. Cuz of his behavior. Crosby may be an asshole, but he’s not wrong.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Gotta separate the player from the person. Not sure what some of you expected him to sound like. Most of these dumb jocks were shoved through the educational system since grade school. I'd bet half of them can't read on a 4th grade level. Same with musicians, most are dumber than a bag of hammers because they're dropouts. They aren't meant to be idolized off the field or stage. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Loved him as a player (when he was actually on the field), but beyond that I have zero expectations. He probably tries to light his own farts on fire.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Changing the goalposts? You called out the entire board cuz Joey’s behavior apparently earned the attention. You can defend him, that’s fine, but this does sound eerily familiar to your defense of Lombardi’s modern football concepts, like we should just ignore any issues and hope for the best.

Best would be to move on, get what we can for him as he’ll forever be held mercilessly with no call from any ref will be in his favor. Cuz of his behavior. Crosby may be an asshole, but he’s not wrong.
                          What Joey said about Carr was 100% true, in season, and in the context of playing to win. Raider fans will tell you that Carr NEVER scrambles and is lacking in pocket courage. Derek is potentially dangerous as he throws a good deep ball. Solid.

Now let's take what Mad Maxx said. The season was over. It was out of the blue and very personal. The timing and context is suspect. Maxx was essentially saying "...look at me-I never complain." (classic narcissism from a former user.) To say nothing of the name calling.

Finally let's take this board, where intelligent football takes are supposed to be order of the day, at least occasionally. Many are now actually saying that Joey Bosa is not a good football player.

The "called out the entire board" and "defense of Lombardi" attack must unfortunately now be addressed.

The term "piling on" which you continue to side step means essentally this: You have overplayed your hand. It is such a shallow point, from a disappointed fanbase, to say "got ya Joey, Maxx is right," and to repeat that over and over on a Charger fan board.

My support of Lombardi was, in season, like Joey's turtle comments on Carr. I wanted to retain Lombardi. The stick routes were to protect Joey's ribs, etc. .

It is pleasing to hear that Moore will run QB sneaks instead of 3rd and 1 jet sweeps. Lombardi and my support of him is now unimportant.

Comment

Working...
                          X