First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Reich was the right hire at the time, Whiz left and Reich was the natural fit. That is how staff's are structured; however, he proved pretty quickly that he was not ready. The Whiz re-hire is okay, but keep in mind it's not like the offense was damn busters when he was here before. They got hot when they started feeding Ryan Matthews the ball like crazy and Ryan stayed healthy enough to give them a chance. The Ryan got hurt again in the playoffs and it all fell apart again. Don't forget the abysmal game plan in the first half of the Denver playoff game and of course the HUGE Whiz choke job on the goal line at Washington. This is a decent hire but it by no means this offense is going to click.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      Reich was the right hire at the time, Whiz left and Reich was the natural fit. That is how staff's are structured; however, he proved pretty quickly that he was not ready. The Whiz re-hire is okay, but keep in mind it's not like the offense was damn busters when he was here before. They got hot when they started feeding Ryan Matthews the ball like crazy and Ryan stayed healthy enough to give them a chance. The Ryan got hurt again in the playoffs and it all fell apart again. Don't forget the abysmal game plan in the first half of the Denver playoff game and of course the HUGE Whiz choke job on the goal line at Washington. This is a decent hire but it by no means this offense is going to click.
      I agree 100%. Did we all forget how much most of us wanted this guy gone to begin with? Not super happy about Whiz coming back, but I guess anyone is better than Reich.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Also, a lot of us were pissed when Whiz flew to Tennessee to interview the week of the playoff game.

He's better than Reich though.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          I agree 100%. Did we all forget how much most of us wanted this guy gone to begin with? Not super happy about Whiz coming back, but I guess anyone is better than Reich.
          Most wanted him gone? I don't recall that. I do remember occasional grumbling about play calling, but we grumble about everything here.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

This is a good hiring, IMO. McCoy and Whiz showed they could work together well.

And, the offense got better and better (running game) as the season went on.

I will not place all the blame on Reich. All the continuing O-Line issues and injuries, just game after game of 2-3 guys going out. Also Melvin not being comfortable running out of shotgun, and teams knowing we were going to run when David Johnson was in (with good reason, as the catch/fumble against Oakland showed).

I'd like to see a real fullback brought back, or at least an H-back type who can actually catch a pass. So they aren't so predictable.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              Also, a lot of us were pissed when Whiz flew to Tennessee to interview the week of the playoff game.

He's better than Reich though.
              Happens all the time. Gase already took a HC job
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-15-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Most wanted him gone? I don't recall that. I do remember occasional grumbling about play calling, but we grumble about everything here.
                I could definitely be wrong, but it seemed that way to me at the time.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                  I could definitely be wrong, but it seemed that way to me at the time.
                  I remember some people wanting him gone as well. Maybe not many, but there were more than a couple.

However, the offense really improved the 2nd half of that season, and Ryan Mathews took off, and we had a very good chance of beating the Broncos in Denver playoff game. Just made 1 too many mistakes in that game.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    Don't forget the abysmal game plan in the first half of the Denver playoff game and of course the HUGE Whiz choke job on the goal line at Washington.
                    Considering that "abysmal game plan in the first half" and choke job on goal line situations has plagued this team on a more consistent basis over the last 2 years under Reich.....maybe it's time McCoy actually take responsibility for some of this shit mess.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I believe that because it was so transparent that he was out the door as the "hot retread" of that class that most were ok with him leaving. That said, I can't think of a better match as an OC for PR than KW.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I expect with a decent Oline and with Gordon/Woodhead that Whiz will be far more creative and he's just far more experienced as an OC than Reich. I'm not saying he's perfect but I think as an OC Whiz has a comfort level where he can really use the tools we have available...hopefully we get another good WR to add to the mix too.

Comment

• JDA21
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X