POLL: Which RB's do You Like in Rounds 3-4-5?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Bigger guy. May go UDFA. Patience and vision. Lets blocks develop. Sees lanes easy and solid wiggle through trash. And can lay the wood also. Huge season in 21. Faded last year as did the whole team. Efficient pass catcher. Wont time great but this kid is a really solid football player. Late to UDFA sleeper.

Thanks for posting this Fleet. I think it illustrates the importance of a good run-blocking OL, too. His production fell off once the OL lost players.
    I'd have no problem waiting on RB... maybe even waiting for UDFA (Ekeler).

Like you, I find it hard to believe people are giving up on Ekeler, Kelley, and Spiller already. RB's are easier to re-sign than most other positions. Ekeler seems to have 2-3 more seasons in him... especially if we utilize a RBBC approach.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks for posting this Fleet. I think it illustrates the importance of a good run-blocking OL, too. His production fell off once the OL lost players.
      I'd have no problem waiting on RB... maybe even waiting for UDFA (Ekeler).

Like you, I find it hard to believe people are giving up on Ekeler, Kelley, and Spiller already. RB's are easier to re-sign than most other positions. Ekeler seems to have 2-3 more seasons in him... especially if we utilize a RBBC approach.
      Because he's average. Kelley can be at least a solid alternative to pound the rock but Spiller is beyond average. Average just doesn't cut it for me. I would not hesitate to draft another RB we liked if we don't get one of the two top RBs in this draft.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

6th or 7th Rd.
        Evan Hull lead all RBs in receiving last season. He tested well at combine. Team captain. Known for working very hard and studying the game. Football playing jessy. Someone you don't have to worry about being ready. Kid will stay ready when his number is called, you can have him do everything you ask Ekeler to do. No need to limit the play call when he subs in.
        I feel like Hull in Rd. 6 or 7 is better value than spending a 3rd-5th on the listed RBs.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Use those round 3-6 picks for OL or DL players. We drafted Spiller last year, let's see what he can do this year before we spend picks on another RB. I really think our RB's are fine if we can improve the OL.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            6th or 7th Rd.
            Evan Hull lead all RBs in receiving last season. He tested well at combine. Team captain. Known for working very hard and studying the game. Football playing jessy. Someone you don't have to worry about being ready. Kid will stay ready when his number is called, you can have him do everything you ask Ekeler to do. No need to limit the play call when he subs in.
            I feel like Hull in Rd. 6 or 7 is better value than spending a 3rd-5th on the listed RBs.
            Finding Ekeler was a blessing and a curse. Now we think we can find a gold nugget under every rock we flip over. Problem is now we have to flip over 6 rocks to find a nugget and we are amazed that it's not easy when devaluing a position. The tape don't lie and the first two RBs are special. We need to stop trying to force things and accept the tape and draft accordingly. You cannot teach vision, timing, and an insane second gear.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Finding Ekeler was a blessing and a curse. Now we think we can find a gold nugget under every rock we flip over. Problem is now we have to flip over 6 rocks to find a nugget and we are amazed that it's not easy when devaluing a position. The tape don't lie and the first two RBs are special. We need to stop trying to force things and accept the tape and draft accordingly. You cannot teach vision, timing, and an insane second gear.
              I'm all for Bijan at #21. But I don't think he is there. The really special RBs will still get taken top 15. Possible top 10 pick for Bijan this year So if Telesco and Staley want Bijan they will have to trade up for him.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

I'm all for Bijan at #21. But I don't think he is there. The really special RBs will still get taken top 15. Possible top 10 pick for Bijan this year So if Telesco and Staley want Bijan they will have to trade up for him.
                Gibbs is a special player as well. In one on one match ups in space he is an absolute nightmare. Home run playmaker that other teams always have to account for. Overlapping ekler somewhat sure. I'd be very happy to have 5 eklers on my team and put them all over the field. LOL! Gibbs can wait for a hole to open and then there's that insane second gear that defenders just can't touch. Srop him...sure if you key three defenders on him but then that OPENS it up for everyone else.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Gibbs is a special player as well. In one on one match ups in space he is an absolute nightmare. Home run playmaker that other teams always have to account for. Overlapping ekler somewhat sure. I'd be very happy to have 5 eklers on my team and put them all over the field. LOL! Gibbs can wait for a hole to open and then there's that insane second gear that defenders just can't touch. Srop him...sure if you key three defenders on him but then that OPENS it up for everyone else.
                  I don't see special with Gibbs.
                  I see a fast player who ran behind Alabama OL.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I don't see special with Gibbs.
                    I see a fast player who ran behind Alabama OL.
                    I like Gibbs but I agree that his speed is the only thing special about him. I sure didn't see him breaking tackles and he doesn't have much of a stiff arm.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Deneric Prince ran a 4.41 40
                      pretty fast for 6'0" 216lbs
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Because he's average. Kelley can be at least a solid alternative to pound the rock but Spiller is beyond average. Average just doesn't cut it for me. I would not hesitate to draft another RB we liked if we don't get one of the two top RBs in this draft.
                        I'll tell you why 7th round Isiah Pacheco and 6th round Elijah Mitchell both have career 4.9 ypc averages and 1st round Najee Harris has a 3.9 ypc average.
                        It's the OL's.

We have no idea how bad/good Spiller is... he hasn't played yet.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'll tell you why 7th round Isiah Pacheco and 6th round Elijah Mitchell both have career 4.9 ypc averages and 1st round Najee Harris has a 3.9 ypc average.
                          It's the OL's.

We have no idea how bad/good Spiller is... he hasn't played yet.
                          I agree with this. We were all pretty happy when we bagged Spiller last year. Now if we go 7th or the UDFA route? Sure to Brown, Johnson or Hull. UDFA maybe Cam Peoples from App. State. Dude is 6/1 217 and he banged out over 100 yards versus Texas I believe......and that's with App State blockers.

Comment

Working...
                          X