• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
    I wasn't promoting it. I know I spent too much after the fact. Of course I didn't know that at the time. I was desperate for anything to stop the pain - or a full blown reoccurrence(sp?) of the PF tearing. The foot doc I checked out (nothing to do with Good Feet) told me he couldn't guarantee his own product. And it would also take time to custom produce the orthotic. Pain made me go the quick route and buy the Good Feet overpriced stuff. That and fear of tearing it again.
    In no way am I trying to denigrate you for your decision, they advertise heavily and when you have issues with your feet you are just looking for relief. I have had custom orthotics done via my podiatrist and through my physical therapist I used when I had my hip surgery. Had better luck with the second one (my first ones were decent but they put in a metatarsal lift for a neuroma that wasn't placed right). Neither time did I spend more than $200 for them. With Good Feet it is my understanding that you are lucky to get out of there for less than $600 and you end up with off-the-shelf orthotics. Better to find a good foot doc and spend less for something made for you. JMO of course.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      In no way am I trying to denigrate you for your decision, they advertise heavily and when you have issues with your feet you are just looking for relief. I have had custom orthotics done via my podiatrist and through my physical therapist I used when I had my hip surgery. Had better luck with the second one (my first ones were decent but they put in a metatarsal lift for a neuroma that wasn't placed right). Neither time did I spend more than $200 for them. With Good Feet it is my understanding that you are lucky to get out of there for less than $600 and you end up with off-the-shelf orthotics. Better to find a good foot doc and spend less for something made for you. JMO of course.
      After I got the Good Feet orthotics my foot kept hurting. Not as bad as when I initially tore the fascia but it was hurting for a long time afterwards...even after short walks. It was nagging pain I guess. And sometimes without walking anywhere. I panicked. And I regret that now. I think Good Feet is a rip off. you can get similar products - from a different company obviously - to Good Feet's for a mere pittance ($30-$50 or so...if that). It's the kind of thing that makes me say FUCK! But if you saw my attempt at walking it might make more sense. I was a full-blown spazz walking down the street. I couldn't put any pressure at all on the right foot. And one other thing people need to know - not all foot docs are created equally. Don't want to go into it but trust me - some are terrible.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
        After I got the Good Feet orthotics my foot kept hurting. Not as bad as when I initially tore the fascia but it was hurting for a long time afterwards...even after short walks. It was nagging pain I guess. And sometimes without walking anywhere. I panicked. And I regret that now. I think Good Feet is a rip off. you can get similar products - from a different company obviously - to Good Feet's for a mere pittance ($30-$50 or so...if that). It's the kind of thing that makes me say FUCK! But if you saw my attempt at walking it might make more sense. I was a full-blown spazz walking down the street. I couldn't put any pressure at all on the right foot. And one other thing people need to know - not all foot docs are created equally. Don't want to go into it but trust me - some are terrible.
        I have had feet problems for years. A couple years ago I suffered for an entire year with plantar fasciitis which is no joke. Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING. For a long time I had custom made orthotics from the podiatrist which were OK but didn't do shit for the plantar problems. Anything from the cheap-ass stuff at Walmart to the expensive insoles did nothing. The only thing that helped me was Birkenstock BirkoBalance arch support insoles. I think they cost me fifty or sixty bucks. I still use them now even though my feet are doing OK for the time being.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
          I have had feet problems for years. A couple years ago I suffered for an entire year with plantar fasciitis which is no joke. Over the years I have tried EVERYTHING. For a long time I had custom made orthotics from the podiatrist which were OK but didn't do shit for the plantar problems. Anything from the cheap-ass stuff at Walmart to the expensive insoles did nothing. The only thing that helped me was Birkenstock BirkoBalance arch support insoles. I think they cost me fifty or sixty bucks. I still use them now even though my feet are doing OK for the time being.

Thank you for that. Very much.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

I also recommend the Orthoheel sandals for around the house. Walking barefoot really aggravates PF. They're about $80 a pair, but so0o0o0o worth it.
            Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 01-25-2016, 10:38 PM.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

have you guys talked to Rex Ryan? He has intimate foot knowledge.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                have you guys talked to Rex Ryan? He has intimate foot knowledge.
                I am open to bringing anyone in who can assist forum members with their foot problems
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Fabiani can demonstrate placing the foot inside the mouth.
                  Here's his cell:1 858 551 2818
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    I also recommend the Orthoheel sandals for around the house. Walking barefoot really aggravates PF. They're about $80 a pair, but so0o0o0o worth it.
                    That makes sense for around the house. Thank you!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
                      I just got my pair in the mail today. Wearing them as I type. First impression is that they're a snug fit and more rigid than the Good Feet crap. Hey, lots of things are more rigid than Good Feet stuff though. Can't wait to really test them out.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

well, I can't recommend the Birkobalance after wearing them while re-aggravating my PF.

On another note...I just ordered some CBD from this place...https://www.cbddirectnow.com/?AFFID=...ck_id=17986485

Is that a reputable site?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          I've known Panama since the early 1990s and can say with certainty you did not drive him away. He was very obviously frustrated with Yuba (who wasn't) but that problem got corrected. Panama has a very busy life and has disappeared from boards for long stretches before. In addition to being an Opera singer, I think he was running some Web based venture and had gotten engaged- and I'm guessing those events took up all his time and would make participating on Chargers boards during the last year's race to LA shitfest a super low priority for him.
                          thanks SD!

Comment

Working...
                          X