• Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    I was at P3 before that game. Used to go by Field 17 Row 11 Seat 1 on some other boards...
    I think that was the only time we met, F17. Good times at P3.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
      Wow Bj...that seems like forever ago when the 3 of us were kicking it out at TC, doesn't it? Can't believe how the years are flying by.....depressing almost....
      Yes, I believe it was Floyd and Rivers rookie year? Saw you again another time when I had my Daughter with me? Time sure flys.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        This works for Osteoarthritus? This is cartilage wearing out not the other Rheumatoid where everything is inflammed
        I (unfortunately) have a lot of experience with knee problems from mild to ready to get knee joint replaced but holding off as long as I can stand it and getting better medical insurance

The best thing I have found for everyday knee pain maintenance is Aspercreme. Actually, use the low budget Wal-Mart Equate generic- like $4 for a big tube that lasts a month. Also, when out & about, use 1 of those Ace or Mueller brand knee braces that wraps around your knee with a couple Velcro straps. Don't stay on your feet for more than 1 hour or so without sitting and taking the load off for a few minutes. Get some of those simple rubber insoles (not the Gel or orthotic over the counter kind) for your shoes to cushion normal walking around and/or exercising. I had to go 1 shoe size bigger to fit them comfortably. You don't need fancy expensive shoes. I've had the same Sports Med Dr. as my primary physician for 20 years now. 2 of the biggest factors affecting our knees are weight and exercise. 1 lb of body weight = 4 lbs of additional force directly on your knees. Over the years I've found my weight maximum where my knees really hurt everyday and aim to always stay under that. Not always easy, cause I really like good beer and food and dirt bikes! That's where exercise comes in: seems backwards that exercise would make the pain better- not worse- but that's how it works. I do 30 mins walking to start every day either outdoors or on treadmill using the Aspercreme 15 mins before I start. I also have to wear an orthopedic sports brace to keep bones from touching in my right knee (the really bad 1) , but you can really tell the difference with that target weight and 30 mins walking vs. not doing it....
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          I (unfortunately) have a lot of experience with knee problems from mild to ready to get knee joint replaced but holding off as long as I can stand it and getting better medical insurance

The best thing I have found for everyday knee pain maintenance is Aspercreme. Actually, use the low budget Wal-Mart Equate generic- like $4 for a big tube that lasts a month. Also, when out & about, use 1 of those Ace or Mueller brand knee braces that wraps around your knee with a couple Velcro straps. Don't stay on your feet for more than 1 hour or so without sitting and taking the load off for a few minutes. Get some of those simple rubber insoles (not the Gel or orthotic over the counter kind) for your shoes to cushion normal walking around and/or exercising. I had to go 1 shoe size bigger to fit them comfortably. You don't need fancy expensive shoes. I've had the same Sports Med Dr. as my primary physician for 20 years now. 2 of the biggest factors affecting our knees are weight and exercise. 1 lb of body weight = 4 lbs of additional force directly on your knees. Over the years I've found my weight maximum where my knees really hurt everyday and aim to always stay under that. Not always easy, cause I really like good beer and food and dirt bikes! That's where exercise comes in: seems backwards that exercise would make the pain better- not worse- but that's how it works. I do 30 mins walking to start every day either outdoors or on treadmill using the Aspercreme 15 mins before I start. I also have to wear an orthopedic sports brace to keep bones from touching in my right knee (the really bad 1) , but you can really tell the difference with that target weight and 30 mins walking vs. not doing it....
          Thanks for the Aspercream tip. Walking does help a lot. I have custom fitted orthotics for plantar, and they help too.
          Wish I could get away with sitting at work. On my feet for 12-14 hous a day.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Thanks for the Aspercream tip. Walking does help a lot. I have custom fitted orthotics for plantar, and they help too.
            don't expect any tingle or sensation the aspercreme is working. it just dulls the inevitable chronic pain to be more tolerable. try the braces too. Cheap at wal-mart and add some warmth and stability in there. sounds like you need more shitter breaks to take the load off
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              This works for Osteoarthritus? This is cartilage wearing out not the other Rheumatoid where everything is inflammed
              Yes, it blocks the nerves signals to the brain reducing the feeling of pain.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                don't expect any tingle or sensation the aspercreme is working. it just dulls the inevitable chronic pain to be more tolerable. try the braces too. Cheap at wal-mart and add some warmth and stability in there. sounds like you need more shitter breaks to take the load off
                I'm on a camera dolly all day. Lucky if I get to piss before the 6 hours til lunch.
                sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
                  (Coryellian)
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Point Loma
                  • Send PM

Thanks for the Aspercream tip.
                  JUST the....uh....

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Yeah I went with custom fits for work/dress shoes and some nice orthotic sandals for around the house....it's been a year and my feet/ PF is 100% better. I actually bought some Dr. Scholls inserts at vons with gel heel and instep support for PF, only $10, use them in the golf shoes and they work great.
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      Yeah I went with custom fits for work/dress shoes and some nice orthotic sandals for around the house....it's been a year and my feet/ PF is 100% better. I actually bought some Dr. Scholls inserts at vons with gel heel and instep support for PF, only $10, use them in the golf shoes and they work great.
                      I went with Orthoheel sandals from the Hammacher Schlonger catalog. They are great, and I take them everywhere I go.
                      sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I went with Orthoheel sandals from the Hammacher Schlonger catalog. They are great, and I take them everywhere I go.

strap on sandals??
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          strap on sandals??
                          ^From the guy who buys inserts...
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X