Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

link?
          "Ekeler has been one of the NFL's most dynamic pass-catching backs over recent years, but he is now deep into his NFL career and reportedly seeking north of $12 million a season."

Ekeler has been one of the NFL's most dynamic pass-catching backs over recent years, but he is now deep into his NFL career and reportedly seeking north of $12 million a season.

Comment

• DennisR91
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Heh, subtract 38 TD’s for 2023 and see how expendable RB’s are…and, who’s gonna fill that stat void? The Chargers current stable of RB’s? Herbert will simply have to throw more TD’s I guess.
            Send receiver downfield instead of flats and the check down becomes a post corner lol

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

And I thought playmakers counted. Silly me.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Heh, subtract 38 TD’s for 2023 and see how expendable RB’s are…and, who’s gonna fill that stat void? The Chargers current stable of RB’s? Herbert will simply have to throw more TD’s I guess.
                I got news for you, Herbert is NOT going to throw more tds without ekeler on the team…In Herbert’s three seasons as charger QB, ekeler caught almost as many tds as KA and MW…I can’t imagine Herbert is happy about losing a weapon like ekeler…

ekeler-15 receiving tds……………….while also scoring an additional 25 rushing tds
                mike williams 18 tds
                keenan allen 18 tds

ekeler is not a typical RB, I think this is what folks around here aren’t talking about, the reason the 49ers sent the panthers a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4rth in 2023 draft AND a 5th in the 2024 draft for CMC is because he’s an offensive weapon, not just a RB…I’ve already posted the comp for you guys, ekeler has out performed CMC since he became a featured player in 2020, he’s been more durable, he’s matched CMC in yards per run even tho our O-line has been junk, and he’s beaten the pants off CMC in tds as well, both recieving and rushing…

Austin Ekeler is not just a RB, he’s an offensive weapon, and one that opens multiple things for an offense…it won’t surprise me if the chargers get a LOT more interest than they anticipated for ekeler when they gave him permission to seek a trade…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                  I just read that Ekler is seeking north of 12 million a year

Bye Bye Austin
                  I hope he gets it...just not from us...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I got news for you, Herbert is NOT going to throw more tds without ekeler on the team…In Herbert’s three seasons as charger QB, ekeler caught almost as many tds as KA and MW…I can’t imagine Herbert is happy about losing a weapon like ekeler…

ekeler-15 receiving tds……………….while also scoring an additional 25 rushing tds
                    mike williams 18 tds
                    keenan allen 18 tds

ekeler is not a typical RB, I think this is what folks around here aren’t talking about, the reason the 49ers sent the panthers a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4rth in 2023 draft AND a 5th in the 2024 draft for CMC is because he’s an offensive weapon, not just a RB…I’ve already posted the comp for you guys, ekeler has out performed CMC since he became a featured player in 2020, he’s been more durable, he’s matched CMC in yards per run even tho our O-line has been junk, and he’s beaten the pants off CMC in tds as well, both recieving and rushing…

Austin Ekeler is not just a RB, he’s an offensive weapon, and one that opens multiple things for an offense…it won’t surprise me if the chargers get a LOT more interest than they anticipated for ekeler when they gave him permission to seek a trade…
                    The reports are the opposite actually. Sounds like Ekler is seeking north of 12 million a year and that is shrinking his trade market.

Teams are arent paying big money for RBs. If Barkley and Jacobs have to play for 10 on franchise tags Ekler will be hard pressed to find what he is looking for.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I hope he gets it...just not from us...
                      Exactly

We all love Ekler and would be fine to see him getting paid, just not at the expense of our roster and salary cap reality. Chargers arent paying a RB 12+ nor should they.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The reports are the opposite actually. Sounds like Ekler is seeking north of 12 million a year and that is shrinking his trade market.

Teams are arent paying big money for RBs. If Barkley and Jacobs have to play for 10 on franchise tags Ekler will be hard pressed to find what he is looking for.
                        I love Ekeler but this is spot on - he should not be paid more than either of these two.

Comment

• AL9000
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2022
                          • San Diego, CA
                          • Send PM

He thinks he's worth $12 million a year lmao!

Comment

Working...
                          X