• Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

The rumors getting old.

It is simple, the Chargers have set a price for another team if they want him. Say a "third"
    They either get that or Ek comes back to finish his final year. If that happens, we have a year to replace him and still get a compensatory pick when he leaves.

Why we have a 50-page thread on this is crazy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
      The rumors getting old.

It is simple, the Chargers have set a price for another team if they want him. Say a "third"
      They either get that or Ek comes back to finish his final year. If that happens, we have a year to replace him and still get a compensatory pick when he leaves.

My guess is nobody wants to pay him - more so than the Chargers asking price/

A 2023 5th is like a 2025 3rd and Ek is not getting a 3rd round comp pick. At best a 6th if everything goes 100% correctly

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess is nobody wants to pay him - more so than the Chargers asking price/

A 2023 5th is like a 2025 3rd and Ek is not getting a 3rd round comp pick. At best a 6th if everything goes 100% correctly
        You know...if he's not careful...the Chargers could just cut him after the draft. who cares about a 5th round draft pick? If he's a problem I'm not even going to wait around to see if he becomes a cancer.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You know...if he's not careful...the Chargers could just cut him after the draft. who cares about a 5th round draft pick? If he's a problem I'm not even going to wait around to see if he becomes a cancer.
          Thats the thing. If you, as an organization, made the financial decision to push a lot of chips for this season - you cannot take the risk of how Ekeler will be.

Weddle was a good guy but when he didn';t get his extension, he used Acee and he acted like a jerk

Gordon showed up late, was out of shape, Lynn made the mistake of playing him but he shouldn't have. Chargers should have traded Gordon for whatever.

Same thing with Ek - and unless the Chargers pay him, which they shouldn't based on the market - he might not be happy. There could be carry over

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

The rumors getting old.

Off-season???

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

The rumors getting old.

Because Ekler requesting a trade out of nowhere is big news and caught everyone by surprise, including the Chargers likley.

Far bigger topic than most of the items bandied about on here.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Off-season???
                I agree, what else is there to talk about?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Because Ekler requesting a trade out of nowhere is big news and caught everyone by surprise, including the Chargers likley.

I can’t speak for anyone else but to me this is a huge deal…I find the idea that he won’t be wearing bolts next year really hard to stomach…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He’ll be here. No team wants to pay him more than his current contract, AND give up a pick. If we for some reason cut him, he can be signed then, no pick lost (although why we would do that I can’t imagine, other than this contract impasse there’s been zero indication of any bad blood between him and the team…).

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's a brilliant move. Cut him, take a 7.75M cap hit and no Ekeler. Of course they can up the anti. Keep him until after June 1st, then they would pay him $6.25M to cut him and only take a $1.5M cap hit. Absolutely brilliant if you ask me.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I have a really hard time thinking that it caught the Chargers by surprise. If so, he has the worst agent in all of sports.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is a question - -what scenario makes the Chargers better

JJ3 (4m cap hit), Isiah McKenzie (2.25m cap hit) and Chase Edmonds for the minimum
                          or
                          Austin Ekeler (6.25m of salary) and Deandre Carter for the minimim

Neither McKenzie or Edmonds are free agents.

Comment

Working...
                          X