First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Congrats on a great run by the Aztecs! Sorry to my brothers here that they came up just short, we were all pulling for them here in Utah (pretty sure the whole country was).

Hopefully you guys can keep up the momentum, my Utes made it to the 'ship in '98 and lost to Kentucky after leading by 10 at the half and have not been the same since. My guess is SDSU is here to stay though!
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Have the Aztecs put themselves into the conversation for the top program in the West?

Gonzaga, UCLA, Arizona, SDSU?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Hats off to the young men on a fabulous season.

And not to say it’s a lock, but the Aztecs and Chargers have never both won a championship in the same year? See where I’m going here? Yah you do!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

What a gift! That's what the Aztecs gave me this year. Thank you so much.

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
            Congrats on a great run by the Aztecs! Sorry to my brothers here that they came up just short, we were all pulling for them here in Utah (pretty sure the whole country was).

Hopefully you guys can keep up the momentum, my Utes made it to the 'ship in '98 and lost to Kentucky after leading by 10 at the half and have not been the same since. My guess is SDSU is here to stay though!
            What they need to do is somehow capitalize on this, and get some great players.

Most interesting thing about this, neither team really plays the NIL game like the big boys do. They don't have a booster like SU does for example, pledging to spend $1 million dollars on BBall players.

Proof money doesn't buy everything.
            sigpic

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

What they need to do is somehow capitalize on this, and get some great players.

Most interesting thing about this, neither team really plays the NIL game like the big boys do. They don't have a booster like SU does for example, pledging to spend $1 million dollars on BBall players.

Proof money doesn't buy everything.
              I would guess they will continue in the same direction as always:
              a team that will be really good every 4 years .... and make it more often than not to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I would guess they will continue in the same direction as always:
                a team that will be really good every 4 years .... and make it more often than not to the NCAA tournament.
                This team WON this year. Not the ball game, that is a short term victory. It would have been great but...there are other things way more important in life and this team won in that department HANDS DOWN. Dutcher may be "old fashioned" but these players bought into his programs and they will have a lifetime of rewards for it. Just watch their post game comments and you will definitely see what a winning program can be. H.S. boys get to learn BB and 4 years later graduate as men.
                Great job AZTECS, I could not be more proud of them!!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Sad about the result but so proud of my school. I never expected anything like this to happen. All I wanted was for Dutch to finally win a playoff game. Then I told myself that it would be great to just get past the sweet sixteen. They did this and more.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Hats off to the young men on a fabulous season.

And not to say it’s a lock, but the Aztecs and Chargers have never both won a championship in the same year? See where I’m going here? Yah you do!
                    well the chargers NEVER won a championship unless pre-NFL days.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Sad about the result but so proud of my school. I never expected anything like this to happen. All I wanted was for Dutch to finally win a playoff game. Then I told myself that it would be great to just get past the sweet sixteen. They did this and more.
                      I'm not so sad about the result: i wasn't expecting them to win.

At least, they put some fear into the UConn fans.

The UConn head coach (Hurley) talking about how the Aztec pressure wouldl disintegrate,
                      how they were lucky making shots early,
                      and how UConn should have been up by 20 at the half.

What a turnoff that a-hole is. I don't wish UConn any luck in the future

That bald jerk was feeling his collar tighten when the Aztecs pulled to within 5 point at the 5:00 minute mark.
                      That Hawkins shot was no gimme: he'd miss it as often as he makes it.

People are acting now like it was a route, which is annoying.

Listened to one idiot opine about how it would have been a better game if UConn faced a major conference opponent like Kansas.
                      and how, the game was over with by the middle of the 1rst half.

The game was closer than the final score.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

The UConn head coach (Hurley) talking about how the Aztec pressure wouldl disintegrate,

That bald jerk was feeling his collar tighten when the Aztecs pulled to within 5 point at the 5:00 minute mark.

Listened to one idiot opine about how it would have been a better game if UConn faced a major conference opponent like Kansas.

Uconn beat the Aztecs at the free throw line and the 3 point shots...They won the game in the first half and didn't relent until the game was over....
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

If you know anything about the Hurleys, they’re a family of self-righteous assholes. They get it from their father.

Comment

Working...
                          X