Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
    Looks like they picked a winner.

What stands out to me about this player is he's able to win with power as a rookie at 21 years old.
    That's not common to see at all unless it's a top 10 blue chip talent doing it.

Usually takes at least a couple of years
    for players to develop the size and strength to do that and many never do.

Not going to say he will be as good as him but Khalil Mack as a rookie had low sack numbers but he had a high amount of Qb pressures and was able to manhandle blockers with power in a similar way as a rookie.

I see Tuli, and I'm reminded of Terrell Suggs.

Smart football players who get the job done without elite measurables.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

DROY candidate if he continues to play like this through the rest of the season.
      Dude's a baller, whether or not he gets DROY. Bolts best 3rd round selection since Keenan Allen.

Edit: What was I thinking? Tuli was a 2nd round pick. He might be the best #2 pick by the Bolts since Drew Brees.
      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 09-27-2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Dude's a baller, whether or not he gets DROY. Bolts best 3rd round selection since Keenan Allen.
        2nd round.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
          Looks like they picked a winner.

What stands out to me about this player is he's able to win with power as a rookie at 21 years old.
          That's not common to see at all unless it's a top 10 blue chip talent doing it.

Usually takes at least a couple of years
          for players to develop the size and strength to do that and many never do.

Not going to say he will be as good as him but Khalil Mack as a rookie had low sack numbers but he had a high amount of Qb pressures and was able to manhandle blockers with power in a similar way as a rookie.

I noticed the power too. A lot of those highlight pressures were straight up bull rushes. Nice spin move too

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
            2nd round.
            He was a reach in the 2nd round.
            The draft experts had him going in the 3rd round.

Chaincrusher is sorely missed here

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

I noticed the power too. A lot of those highlight pressures were straight up bull rushes. Nice spin move too
              He's a lot like the last Telesco Trojan, in the sense that he has a good feel for where the qb was in the pocket.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

I dont wear jerseys. My skin hates shirts in general. But im going to buy a signed Tuli Jersey. Be worth a ton of money one day. Thats how high i am on this kid. Just watching the film against the Vikes....his work rate is insane. Even just chasing guys down. Reminds me of Merriman.

Comment

• YAC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I see Tuli, and I'm reminded of Terrell Suggs.

Smart football players who get the job done without elite measurables.
                  Remember the time when Suggs was drafted. He had 44 sacks in college in Arizona, but scouts thought he didn't have the right size/athletic profile to play NFL edge. He made a lot of teams regret passing on him.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

He was a reach in the 2nd round.
                    The draft experts had him going in the 3rd round.
                    "He's only 21! He doesn't have elite size or speed!"

Jerry Rice didn't have 'elite' size or speed, either...

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Last two years, LDE Maxx Crosby was the new addition to the Raiders-Chargers rivalry that caused so many headaches, I believe the worm has turned and Tuli is the new wrinkle. He can wreck the game by lining up all over the formation as Micah Parsons is doing for the Cowboys, and create havoc in the Raider backfield all game.

Not equating Parsons to Tuli, but an observation that Tuli could be effectively utilized, as Parsons is, by his coordinator.

As Brett Kollman points out, look at Tuli set-up this LG and blow right by him. He's got a power-step, quick-twitch and bend, that is going to have AFC West defensive coordinators sleeping in their offices.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        Last two years, LDE Maxx Crosby was the new addition to the Raiders-Chargers rivalry that caused so many headaches, I believe the worm has turned and Tuli is the new wrinkle. He can wreck the game by lining up all over the formation as Micah Parsons is doing for the Cowboys, and create havoc in the Raider backfield all game.

Not equating Parsons to Tuli, but an observation that Tuli could be effectively utilized, as Parsons is, by his coordinator.

As Brett Kollman points out, look at Tuli set-up this LG and blow right by him. He's got a power-step, quick-twitch and bend, that is going to have AFC West defensive coordinators sleeping in their offices.
                        Yeah i dont know many guards that could recover from that move

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Yeah i dont know many guards that could recover from that move
                          Do you recall who that head umpire threw the flag on? Was that holding on on RG Ed Ingram?

Comment

Working...
                          X