Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

NO. so much not THAT. You can wait all you want, we’re riding out now! Rumph looks better than last year, look closer.
    His teammates think he looks better, but they may have been hit in the head too many times. LOL!
    Nah, Rumph is better. How much TBD.Tuli is a stud, CR II is the #4 edge. We'll see how he looks in rotation.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

His teammates think he looks better, but they may have been hit in the head too many times. LOL!
      Nah, Rumph is better. How much TBD.Tuli is a stud, CR II is the #4 edge. We'll see how he looks in rotation.
      Everybody thinks he looks better and we've all seen he looks better, but the guys that say he is not are probably right.

These are the realistic guys that recognize the Chargers should be two-deep with pro bowl players at all 22 positions in order to even have a chance to compete. they are just trying to strike the right balance, seems fair. I appreciate their level-setting, because we can get ridiculous without them around
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Clowney and Tuli rotating in with Bosa and Mack makes sense to me.
        Woah how much is Clowney's contract? I'm drawing shades of those Giants defensive fronts beating Brady in the SB.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Everybody thinks he looks better and we've all seen he looks better, but the guys that say he is not are probably right.

These are the realistic guys that recognize the Chargers should be two-deep with pro bowl players at all 22 positions in order to even have a chance to compete. they are just trying to strike the right balance, seems fair. I appreciate their level-setting, because we can get ridiculous without them around
          Didn't say this, only that we should wait until he plays against, you know - starting caliber players, not practice squad guys, before he's anointed as the second coming. Rumph has shown nothing for 2 years . . . . . . . . stop reading the puff pieces and WAIT until the guy actually does something against real competition.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I’ll reserve my judgement on Rumph. They said the same thing on him last year and dominated in preseason. You guys all know what happened in the regular season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

On the glass half full side, Tuli has not played much, but when he has he has looked WAY better than I expected. His hands were always good, but his first step has really impressed me.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                On the glass half full side, Tuli has not played much, but when he has he has looked WAY better than I expected. His hands were always good, but his first step has really impressed me.

TG
                I want to see him with our starters on blitz packages in addition to substitution downs. Time to leave brown stains in the opposing QBs pants on important downs. No?
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Didn't say this, only that we should wait until he plays against, you know - starting caliber players, not practice squad guys, before he's anointed as the second coming. Rumph has shown nothing for 2 years . . . . . . . . stop reading the puff pieces and WAIT until the guy actually does something against real competition.
                  Yeah, no. HR Puff n Stuff is high as a kite and Mayor of Flipville, I wait for no man!

Stop knee-jerking us with the same old boring “I’m gonna wait until its in a real game” bromide. if nothing you see until “real games” can be considered or evaluated, just stop commenting on your inability to assess information, leave for 2 more weeks, and come back when the real games start.

We’ll fill you in on what you missed. Hugs.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

And nobody has said that Chris Rumph is the second coming.
                    People also said that Joshua Kelley "has shown nothing for 2 years" And then, he looked much better in year 3.
                    The same could be true of Rumph in Year 3.
                    Each year, he has looked bigger/stronger than the previous year. Each year he has looked quicker/more decisive.

I agree... let's see what he does this season against NFL starters.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

TG
                      I say we rotate the crap out of our pass rushers and keep Mack and Bosa fresher in 4th quarters.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

TG
                        If coaches didn’t see what they were looking for, he would have played more

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I thought Tuli was worth a 1st rd pick based on his production and age 20. I was surprised he was there. IMO, So far he looks like his game translates to NFL level. What I like best about how he plays is how he uses his hands to shake free and get the tackle for loss. I thought it was Bosa like but Tuli is a bit more athletic. He absolutely is the 1st guy in to rotate with Bosa and Mack. And I can see Staley putting him out there regularly on 3rd and long with Bosa and Mack to attack the QB.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X