Welcome DT Scott Matlock, Boise St. (Round 6 #200)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

people just forgot about this kid, I'm not bull shitting when I say that he could've easily been a low #3 or a high #4, chargers got themselves a player in round 6 back to back years...this kid will be everything we hoped Tilley would've been but with more run support chops and a non stop motor, I am so excited we got this guy!!!
    Good eye brother. Im stoked to see how he does.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
      We could use a little crazy (in a good way) on defense IMO. I’m rooting for him as I am attracted to crazy.
      that motor is going to push other people too, the guy is relentless and he's one of those naturally strong guys but with NFL nutrition and training he's only going to get stronger...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

people just forgot about this kid, I'm not bull shitting when I say that he could've easily been a low #3 or a high #4, chargers got themselves a player in round 6 back to back years...this kid will be everything we hoped Tilley would've been but with more run support chops and a non stop motor, I am so excited we got this guy!!!
        Mel Kiper said he had Matlock projected in rounds 4-5, so getting him in round 6 is a bit of a steal...looks like a solid rotational dude...

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Mel Kiper said he had Matlock projected in rounds 4-5, so getting him in round 6 is a bit of a steal...looks like a solid rotational dude...
          So you like Kiper now do ya.? I like Kiper, but he’s just another informed opinion like the other talking heads. And about as accurate.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

So you like Kiper now do ya.? I like Kiper, but he’s just another informed opinion like the other talking heads. And about as accurate.
            Kiper's been wrong sometimes, but most of the time, he ranks up there with most of the other draftniks...next time, I'll add, "FWIW"...if Kiper's right about Matlock, we got a bit of a steal...

Comment

• Duck of Death
              Social Piranha
              • May 2022
              • Flyover, USA
              • Send PM

This guy certainly had to earn it. Both parents died when 10 or so - got passed around multiple foster families in Idaho.. Jumped on as a gray shirt at BSU & worked his way on up to team cap. The kind of self starting fortitude it takes to become a pro football player without at least one blood parent driving him? Kid sounds like he's worth rooting for.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

a wild ranga
                every team needs a wild ranga. they drive the whole team forward

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Kiper's been wrong sometimes, but most of the time, he ranks up there with most of the other draftniks...next time, I'll add, "FWIW"...if Kiper's right about Matlock, we got a bit of a steal...
                  I about shit myself when they called his name for the chargers...as much of a steal as jamaree? perhaps not but a nasty nasty player with a massive chip, and he's a much better athlete than most people realize, the guy has that closing gear/acceleration when he breaks past blockers to punish ball carriers and QBs, his hand usage is already really good but will only get better, sub 5 second forty, 1.74 10 yard split and the production, this guy was getting sacks and making tackles for loss despite being double teamed consistently at BSU, he's going to make a name for himself right away at charger practices...big strong guy with quickness and plays angry...can't wait to see this kid in action for the bolts...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                    This guy certainly had to earn it. Both parents died when 10 or so - got passed around multiple foster families in Idaho.. Jumped on as a gray shirt at BSU & worked his way on up to team cap. The kind of self starting fortitude it takes to become a pro football player without at least one blood parent driving him? Kid sounds like he's worth rooting for.
                    My heart goes out to every kid having endured this.
                    I'll be sure to root extra hard for mr. Matlock
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Kiper won me a gift here. I followed Kiper's first round predicted picks exactly and it won me a Chargers cap from FLEET.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I about shit myself when they called his name for the chargers...as much of a steal as jamaree? perhaps not but a nasty nasty player with a massive chip, and he's a much better athlete than most people realize, the guy has that closing gear/acceleration when he breaks past blockers to punish ball carriers and QBs, his hand usage is already really good but will only get better, sub 5 second forty, 1.74 10 yard split and the production, this guy was getting sacks and making tackles for loss despite being double teamed consistently at BSU, he's going to make a name for himself right away at charger practices...big strong guy with quickness and plays angry...can't wait to see this kid in action for the bolts...
                        Look, we all know the Bolts badly need D-line help. And they addressed it with Tuli and hopefully Matlock at least turns into a solid rotational player...I think the Bolts made two solid picks here in a serious PON...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Kiper won me a gift here. I followed Kiper's first round predicted picks exactly and it won me a Chargers cap from FLEET.
                          There u go...and think of all the respected draftniks who projected Bijan to us...SMH...

Comment

Working...
                          X