Welcome DT Scott Matlock, Boise St. (Round 6 #200)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

“I’m coming for souls”

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      Scott Matlock is among the Day 3 picks that this writer thinks could "compete for starter snaps" this year.

2023 NFL season: Day 3 rookies who could compete for starter snaps in Year 1
      Rank
      Scott Matlock
      Boise State · DT
      Los Angeles Chargers
      Drafted: Round 6, 200th overall

I projected the Chargers to select Matlock in advance of the draft because he's a perfect fit on the defensive line. His power and underrated quickness will earn him a spot on the field, and I expect his snap scout to increase at 5-technique as the season wears on.

The bad news is that he projected Matlock as a late 7th round draft pick.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Best to get your guy a round early, than not get him at all.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I expect Matlock to be active gamedays for special teams as well as rotation at DL. He was good at blocking kicks at Boise.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            I expect Matlock to be active gamedays for special teams as well as rotation at DL. He was good at blocking kicks at Boise.
            I expect him to be active too and contribute on the DL. Definitely also ST contributor, thats the life of the rotational sub.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

Kudos to Scott Matlock. When Tillery took his cheap shot on Herbert, Matlock was the first one on the scene confronting Tillery. There was no hesitation, and he never even played with him. It was good to see some fire like that from the team. I'd like to see more of it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                Kudos to Scott Matlock. When Tillery took his cheap shot on Herbert, Matlock was the first one on the scene confronting Tillery. There was no hesitation, and he never even played with him. It was good to see some fire like that from the team. I'd like to see more of it.
                I saw that too. What I liked also was that none of the Chargers were swinging fists and getting flagged. Events like this have a lasting effect on team chemistry, probably more than the win itself, but Matlock wasn't just talking tough.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think there were plenty of body blows to Tillery. Shows the team is smart. Hard to hurt a guy wearing a helmet. But a well placed punch to the kidney by a 300 lber can do the trick. Tillery is still the punk he was when he was here.

One thing I really do admire about Staley is that he does not play favorites and if you don't play up to expectations or fit the culture you are benched or gone. And that goes for assistant coaches, too. I think this is why so many players and a top coordinator like Moore want to play for/coach under him.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                    I can't imagine Tillery has anything personal against Justin, more like he was collecting on a bounty or he just wanted to stick it to the organization...either way, it's going to cost him some money in fine and since he was ejected won't he lose his salary for the week too?
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Raiders fans say there is no difference between what Tillery did and what Asante and a few others did to Renfro. Speaking of Renfro, what has Joshy done to him? He is such a smart and crafty player. I thought he would be a perfect fit for the Patriot offense-- like a ready made Welker or Edelman. Joshy seems to have exiled him for some crazy reason. He is a player I would love to have on our team.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I think there were plenty of body blows to Tillery. Shows the team is smart. Hard to hurt a guy wearing a helmet. But a well placed punch to the kidney by a 300 lber can do the trick. Tillery is still the punk he was when he was here.

One thing I really do admire about Staley is that he does not play favorites and if you don't play up to expectations or fit the culture you are benched or gone. And that goes for assistant coaches, too. I think this is why so many players and a top coordinator like Moore want to play for/coach under him.

TG
                        Disagree with this statement. IMO Staley does in fact play favorites and caters to his stars (Derwin, Bosa).

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Disagree with this statement. IMO Staley does in fact play favorites and caters to his stars (Derwin, Bosa).
                          He sure loved him some Storm for a season.

Comment

Working...
                          X