First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

My lasting image of Butler is when he got knocked out by Peyton Manning.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
      Teo is a player that gets dumped on a lot on this forum, but I saw a rapidly ascending player last year who finally was getting it. His instincts had him in position a lot. If he didn't have several high profile missed tackles in the backfield, he probably would be getting more praise around here. Also, never a good idea to be the target of a trade up or you're persona non grata in this forum.
      Always, always trade down to get extra picks. Like Padres fans we're always forsaking the present for some undetermined future. Seems like that's the ownerships' approaches, too. "Build through the draft. Be patient. These prospects are going to be great! Our future is bright. The mindset of one- and done-ers.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        The Union-Tribune San Diego believes the "lasting image" of free agent ILB Donald Butler in San Diego will be "that of a thief."
        Normally positive and always professional reporter Kevin Acee built on his Thursday Twitter criticism in a blog post. Acee says he finds it "(difficult to understand) how a man with any pride could even have shown up at Chargers Park the past year or so with as much as Butler stole from the team." Acee is convinced Butler "lost interest" after getting his contract extension, and believes there were games "after which his uniform might have actually been clean." Acee also believes Butler may have attempted a turnaround in 2015, but that it was already too late. If Acee has noticed these things, you can be certain other front offices have, as well.
        Wonder why he wasn't this pointed in his critiques of Gaither?

Comment

• Kyle
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I had happily forgotten about Gaither. What a pile he turned out to be.

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Acee responding to Butler's tweet about his release:

Kevin Acee ‏@sdutKevinAcee 1h1 hour ago
          Kevin Acee Retweeted Donald Butler
          Too late. Guy gave up on team and fans long ago. Outside Jared Gaither, worst money grab I've personally witnessed.
          sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Told y'all.

The next guy to pull this shit on us will be Jerry Attaochu.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
              People keep pointing at the 4-12 record and blaming TT and the lack of talent on the roster. Of those 12 losses 8 of them are by 7 points or less (5 of those 8 by less than a TD). To me that's not a talent issue, but a coaching issue. Yes, yes, TT brought in McCoy but at a certain point McCoy himself has to be held accountable. With this team you always have to wonder how much say the Spanoses have on TTs decisions as well.
              just like a Mike Riley coached team, but without the hip hip Hooray!

I mentioned months ago John Spanos's greasy fingerprints are all over this wreck from front office to drafting to scouting and there is an inverse relationship between him ascending through the scoutiing ranks and production of Pro Bowlers and winning teams.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Acee does not like Butler. I wonder how much is being butt hurt that Butler would not talk to him.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Verrett is a young player without the name recognition at a position that was stocked in the AFC. Pro Bowl appearances aren't the mark of a good draft pick...look at the rosters to see my point. Merrett was a shutdown corner and is now the best player on our defense. He was a damn good draft pick.

Allen is our best receiver and last year was playing lights out when he was injured. He was on pace for a huge season. And probably the PB since you're so concerned about that. Dunlap's been a darn good LT for us when he's been healthy. He was pulled off the scrap heap and has shown all the naysayers to be off the mark.

Emmanuel and Attaochu are young developmental players who have shown a lot of potential. Attaochu in particular. Barksdale was another guy that people dumped on. He was the steadiest OL we had last year both in terms of health and quality of play. Not saying much, but it was a good buy low pickup that worked out well.

Fluker and Te'o have both shown to be no less than solid starters.

Sorry, I left out several other guys. Perryman, who looks like a big time player to me and basically forced Butler out. Herndon and Inman both look like they have some juice as UDFA guys. Inman will likely start for us next year. Lambo was one of the top and most surprising pickups for us last year, allowing us to free up some money from Novak. Brandon Oliver? I think he could start for us, frankly. His health and the OL have slowed him though. Another UDFA. Mager showed something. Philon has some serious upside IMO. How about Patrick Robinson? Brought in to be our nickel and aside from Weddle and Verrett our best DB last year. Where would we have been without him? I think he also signed Woodhead. Clearly another fuckup. He might've also brought in the right combination of coaches to get PR back on track...maybe, right?

Look, I acknowledge that he's had some more frequent than I would like to see big whiffs on high dollar guys. But blindly shooting him down without acknowledging all of his fine work otherwise is a pretty one-sided appraisal. He's not Belichick, but he's a young guy learning on the job who's brought in some very good players and some who show solid potential.

Sorry, facts are nettlesome.
                  FACT: GMs are paid to acquire talent, manage the cap, build a team. so telesco is doing 1 out of 3 right Yay!!!! so glad he got a well deserved extension!

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

.333 is pretty good in baseball, he is just a GM in the wrong sport ...

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Butler and gaithers are aj guys.

I wonder if butler's drop in production is deeper than the cash cow syndrome.

Plus, butler could come back at a reduced price. I don't see too many suitors out there.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Im fine with TT. Sometimes players just have to play up to their potential. We have had some shit luck with injuries. I agree a few players have flopped but thats not always on the GM.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          FACT: GMs are paid to acquire talent, manage the cap, build a team. so telesco is doing 1 out of 3 right Yay!!!! so glad he got a well deserved extension!
                          Pretty sure Ed McGuire has been managing our cap and negotiating the contracts for a long time. Did he quit or get fired and I missed it?
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X