• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Put Derwin on the block and see what we can get for him. Give our next HC and GM some draft picks to work with. At one point id say he was worth a couple high picks. Not sure what his value is now. He is a little expensive for what we seem to be getting. Id take a 2nd and 3rd.
    It would be sad to see DJ go. He could go to a new team and do well with them. Then fans will bemoan about another ex-Charger. If he gets traded I want the team to send him to the NFC.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Put Derwin on the block and see what we can get for him. Give our next HC and GM some draft picks to work with. At one point id say he was worth a couple high picks. Not sure what his value is now. He is a little expensive for what we seem to be getting. Id take a 2nd and 3rd.
      Derwin and Bosa . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Derwin and Bosa . . . . . . .
        Bosa - yes

Derwin - no - not as feasible from a cap perspective. Unlike Bosa - it would cost money to cut James - plus I actually think he is a better football player than Bosa

Chargers just need a new DC who will use him correctly

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Who is talking about cutting James? Not me.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Who is talking about cutting James? Not me.
            Nobody. A trade is all that’s being suggested for Derwin.

Every player on defense should either be on the trade block or Telesco should interview new defensive coaches who could explain how he could improve their play.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Every player on defense should either be on the trade block or Telesco should interview new defensive coaches who could explain how he could improve their play.

Every player on defense except Tuli. But sure - anybody else

And if the chargers lose Sunday - they should be listening on 97, 52, 43, 6, 51 even. The defense isn't good with them - so truly how much worse can they be.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Coaching has a lot to do about the DB's poor performance. You need to game plan to your talent level, not shove a scheme down and hope they get it. Even if they played a 4-3 with man under and 2 deep, just to simplify would be better than what we see every Sunday. can't stand the 3rd and short with the db's 10 yards off the receiver. Some guru Staley ISN'T.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Derwin is almost untradable with his contract. I say let the new coach decide. See if he can try to utilize him. Maybe at even at LB.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

It would be sad to see DJ go. He could go to a new team and do well with them. Then fans will bemoan about another ex-Charger. If he gets traded I want the team to send him to the NFC.
                    He would probably thrive with another team. If that happens, our bemoaning will be directed at our guru defensive HC, not DJ.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Derwin is almost untradable with his contract. I say let the new coach decide. See if he can try to utilize him. Maybe at even at LB.
                      Jim Schwartz -- would be my leader in the clubhouse today - -for the next head coach

First job with Lions - didn't end well. But has probably learned a bit from the first time and also doing very good things with the Browns. I like a coach who has been through both the good and bad times

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jim Schwartz -- would be my leader in the clubhouse today - -for the next head coach

First job with Lions - didn't end well. But has probably learned a bit from the first time and also doing very good things with the Browns. I like a coach who has been through both the good and bad times
                        yes! And he is smart enough to delegate the offense to someone experienced.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I've said my piece about Derwin. But I am glad he's a Charger. I'm putting my faith in his ability to learn from his mistakes, improve and start playing up to his talent and abilities.
                          Yeah, that's real believable. Way to backtrack.

Comment

Working...
                          X