• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Again with the whataboutism. What does a debate about Derwin's performance have to do with Ekeler or Herbert? Nada. If you still maintain that Derwin is an elite player, own it. Don't drag other players down into the muck.
    Ironic, since your singling out of Derwin was all about bringing him down to prop Herbert up after the Kansas City loss last season, it continued through the offseason, and you brought it back up now after Herbert threw an interception to finish last night's game. You also said Ekeler deserved a bigger contract much more than Derwin. I would think an elite running back who's a top ten offensive player in the NFL would be able to get more than 27 yards on 14 carries against a defense that gave up more than 200 rushing yards against the Arizona Cardinals. You want to give him a huge contract? It works both ways.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Ironic, since your singling out of Derwin was all about bringing him down to prop Herbert up after the Kansas City loss last season, it continued through the offseason, and you brought it back up now after Herbert threw an interception to finish last night's game. You also said Ekeler deserved a bigger contract much more than Derwin. I would think an elite running back who's a top ten offensive player in the NFL would be able to get more than 27 yards on 14 carries against a defense that gave up more than 200 rushing yards against the Arizona Cardinals. You want to give him a huge contract? It works both ways.
      More whataboutism. This is about Derwin, whether he is or is not elite. Constantly resorting to whataboutism proves to me you know you've lost this argument.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

More whataboutism. This is about Derwin, whether he is or is not elite. Constantly resorting to whataboutism proves to me you know you've lost this argument.
        WEAK. I've admitted that Derwin is not playing as well as he can. I still believe he is an elite player at his position. You're not acknowledging that your favorite players aren't playing anywhere close to an elite level right now. In Herbert's case I believe he still is an elite quarterback, even though he sucked last night (you won't admit to that). Ekeler was by far the worst out of the three last night, which you are not commenting on at all because you made the erroneous statement that he's a top ten offensive player in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I disagree with the way the coaching staff is using him.
          I also agree with this. The dumb penalties are on him but he was better in Gus' defense.

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I also agree with this. The dumb penalties are on him but he was better in Gus' defense.
            Probably because he's not really smart. Gus' system is about keeping things simple. Staley gets too cute.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

WEAK. I've admitted that Derwin is not playing as well as he can. I still believe he is an elite player at his position. You're not acknowledging that your favorite players aren't playing anywhere close to an elite level right now. In Herbert's case I believe he still is an elite quarterback, even though he sucked last night (you won't admit to that). Ekeler was by far the worst out of the three last night, which you are not commenting on at all because you made the erroneous statement that he's a top ten offensive player in the NFL.
              This is not about anybody but Derwin. This is a thread about defensive backs. Ekeler, who has been injured for three weeks, has nothing to do with it. But you keep wanting to drag other players into this debate because obviously you feel you are on shaky ground on Derwin. If you still feel Derwin is an elite player worthy of his contract paying him more than any other safety in the game, own it. But don't keep trying to deflect with whataboutism.
              Last edited by Velo; 10-17-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Probably because he's not really smart. Gus' system is about keeping things simple. Staley gets too cute.
                Does anyone remember the starting qb at Mercyhurst who would go to Staley to ask what the hell Lombo was saying in the meeting room?

And then Staley goes out and hires the guy as his OC.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

This is not about anybody but Derwin. This is a thread about defensive backs. Ekeler, who has been injured for three weeks, has nothing to do with it. But you keep wanting to drag other players into this debate because obviously you feel you are on shaky ground on Derwin. If you still feel Derwin is an elite player worthy of his contract paying him more than any other safety in the game, own it. But don't keep trying to deflect with whataboutism.
                  YOU brought Ekeler and Herbert into this thread months ago. You don't want to talk about them now because Ekeler gained only 27 yards on 14 carries last night and Herbert failed to put together a game-winning drive for the third time this season. NONE of them earned their contracts last night, but you're focusing on Derwin because you're weakly attempting to take the focus away from Ekeler and Herbert.

Comment

• rensoul
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Does anyone remember the starting qb at Mercyhurst who would go to Staley to ask what the hell Lombo was saying in the meeting room?

And then Staley goes out and hires the guy as his OC.
                    What really sucks is Steichen/Pep Hamilton were right there to try to keep if he already struck out on his top choices and settled on Lombo.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

YOU brought Ekeler and Herbert into this thread months ago. You don't want to talk about them now because Ekeler gained only 27 yards on 14 carries last night and Herbert failed to put together a game-winning drive for the third time this season. NONE of them earned their contracts last night, but you're focusing on Derwin because you're weakly attempting to take the focus away from Ekeler and Herbert.
                      We’re going to start calling you DerwinDeflect. I’m happy to discuss Ekeler and Herbert in the proper threads. This is a thread about defensive backs. And this is a discussion about one DB in particular, the highest paid safety in the league who doesn’t make any big plays and continues to make costly dumb mistakes. Stay on topic please. Thank you.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Who does more for this team, Derwin or Ekeler?
                        Don't talk in circles please. You didn't answer my question. Who does more for the Chargers, Ekeler or Derwin?

I'll take Ekeler's side. In 2022 Ekeler gained 915 yds rushing on 204 carries, averaging 4.5 ypc. He scored 13 rushing TDs. He caught 107 passes for 722 yds and an additional 5 TDs. He led the league in scoring for the 2nd consecutive season. His 1,637 combined yds was 8th in the league. In 2021, Ekeler also led the league in scoring with 12 rushing TDs and 8 receiving TDs. He gained 991 yds rushing on 206 carries, averaging 4.4 ypc. His 1,558 combined yds was 7th in the league. Ekeler is set to earn $6.25 mil this season, the last year of his contract. Incentives can push that $1.75 mil higher, incentives that are reachable if he has similar production in 2023.

Derwin James signed a new 4 year contract last season that pays him an average of 19 mil per year. That is three times what Ekeler is going to earn this season. What is about James' game that makes him worth three times more than Ekeler.
                        I don't know how this makes sense. Maybe it does to you but it doesn't pass my logic test. How is Derwin any more or less dependent on the rest of the defense than Ekeler? You are proposing that Derwin can play defense by himself, he doesn't need any other players on the field?
                        All said by you in this very thread. Ekeler rushes for 27 yards on 14 carries, now you don't want to discuss it in this thread. I'm deflecting?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Don't talk in circles please. You didn't answer my question. Who does more for the Chargers, Ekeler or Derwin?

I'll take Ekeler's side. In 2022 Ekeler gained 915 yds rushing on 204 carries, averaging 4.5 ypc. He scored 13 rushing TDs. He caught 107 passes for 722 yds and an additional 5 TDs. He led the league in scoring for the 2nd consecutive season. His 1,637 combined yds was 8th in the league. In 2021, Ekeler also led the league in scoring with 12 rushing TDs and 8 receiving TDs. He gained 991 yds rushing on 206 carries, averaging 4.4 ypc. His 1,558 combined yds was 7th in the league. Ekeler is set to earn $6.25 mil this season, the last year of his contract. Incentives can push that $1.75 mil higher, incentives that are reachable if he has similar production in 2023.

Derwin James signed a new 4 year contract last season that pays him an average of 19 mil per year. That is three times what Ekeler is going to earn this season. What is about James' game that makes him worth three times more than Ekeler.
                          Derwin isnt making 19 this year so this is a false statement.

You and Jamrock need to learn when our players will start getting paid.

Herbert, who wasnt good last night doesn't start getting his big money for 2 years. Derwin, next season.
                          So yes it is coming but DJ isn't the highest paid safety this season and isn't making 3 times what Ekeler is this season.

It is Staley who is misusing DJ. Need to blame Staley, not Derwin.

For a guy who wants to stay on topic and ONLY discuss DJ, you sure have a lot to say about other players lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X